Chelsea Clinton dismisses Lewinsky question

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
Posted: 08:05 PM ET

(CNN) — Chelsea Clinton has fielded a lot of questions as she campaigns for her mother's presidential bid, but on Tuesday the former first daughter faced a particularly awkward query for the first time.

Campaigning at Butler College in Indianapolis, an audience member asked the 28 year-old whether the Monica Lewinsky scandal had damaged her mother's reputation.

"Wow, you're the first person actually that's ever asked me that question in the, I don't know maybe, 70 college campuses I've now been to, and I do not think that is any of your business," Clinton responded, appearing a bit surprised by the question. The crowd immediately cheered loudly at the response.

more ... http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

I really don't see anything inappropriate about asking the question since Hillary's image is directly related her support.

Did Hillary get a blow job from Monica?

Was she screwing Vince Foster? Did she have him murdered because he was gonna talk?

But on the point, her husband preferred other women and she has stayed with him for Political reasons. Valid question, though unimportant to whether she should be President.

Notice though that once again liberals just silence those they don't want to deal with.

Couldn't give a toss to be honest. What her policies are would be more the point. All politicians lie or are at least a little dishonest. What they say they're gonna do is of more import IMO...

Couldn't give a toss to be honest. What her policies are would be more the point. All politicians lie or are at least a little dishonest. What they say they're gonna do is of more import IMO...

You might not care. I don't really care. That wasn't my point at all. I said I don't consider the question inappropriate.

Why is what they say they are going to do more important? THAT is usually where the vast majority of their lies are.:cool:

I disagree. Chelsea answered it perfectly.

You are entitled to disagree. I think for someone trying to promote her mother's agenda, she was rude and offensive where she didn't need to be.

"I really couldn't say," IMO, would have been a better answer. "No ... what's what he DID have to do with her from a political standpoint?" would have been better.

Instead, she has taken the chance of snubbing a media outlet -- at least one reporter -- at a time when the MSM is courting a new darling and no longer airbrushing Hillary.

There's a time and place to play hardass. This wasn't it, IMO.

You are entitled to disagree. I think for someone trying to promote her mother's agenda, she was rude and offensive where she didn't need to be.

"I really couldn't say," IMO, would have been a better answer. "No ... what's what he DID have to do with her from a political standpoint?" would have been better.

Instead, she has taken the chance of snubbing a media outlet -- at least one reporter -- at a time when the MSM is courting a new darling and no longer airbrushing Hillary.

Maybe the moral of the story is not to ask a rude question.

The article said an audience member not a reporter, but IMO, that's besides the point. She was perfectly justified in giving the response she gave. I'm not seeing how Chelsea was being rude or offensive, but the question certainly was rude and offensive.

The article said an audience member not a reporter, but IMO, that's besides the point. She was perfectly justified in giving the response she gave. I'm not seeing how Chelsea was being rude or offensive, but the question certainly was rude and offensive.

Why was the question rude and offensive?

I agree with Gunny on this one, it's a legitimate question.

She didn't silence the person. They were free to ask their question, and she was free to give her answer.
We have no idea what went on in the Clinton marriage. To say that she just stayed with him for political reasons is silly guesswork bordering on gossip. For all we know, they each had other lovers or an open relationship. Maybe she knew about Monica ahead of time and it didn't bother her. Maybe she hated the whole thing and wanted to cut his balls off but she chose to stay with him and make his life miserable for the rest of their lives. Who knows?
I think it was a good question, but it sounds like Chelsea just didn't feel comfortable talking about it. Would you feel comfortable discussing the details of your parent's marriage in public?

IMO, harping on someone's private life is rude.

This isn't harping, IMO.

Of course the behavior of a candidate's spouse affects that candidates image. It's insane to suggest that it doesn't. I think what threw Chelsea is she didn't want to answer it honestly, which is to say that it's actually helped Hillary's image.

I never said that it didn't affect her image.

It's been rehashed in the media so often that at this point there is no need to discuss it any longer. No matter what Chelsea, Hillary, or Billy-boy has to say on the issue, everyone has already formed their own opinion. Therefore it is rude to keep bringing it up.

I'll concede that Chelsea could have just said no and moved on to the next question. I would have had the urge to punch the questioner in the mouth.

I never said that it didn't affect her image.

It's been rehashed in the media so often that at this point there is no need to discuss it any longer. No matter what Chelsea, Hillary, or Billy-boy has to say on the issue, everyone has already formed their own opinion. Therefore it is rude to keep bringing it up.

I'll concede that Chelsea could have just said no and moved on to the next question. I would have had the urge to punch the questioner in the mouth.

Methinks you are unwittingly biased by your strong support for Hillary. As a student of politics, which we both know you are, you know well and good that nothing that scandalous ever really goes away. I'm actually surprised that she wasn't briefed on how to respond to Lewinsky questions.

Notice though that once again liberals just silence those they don't want to deal with.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Isn't that exactly what your Hero George did when he was questioned about his two "teenage" daughters drinking and getting in trouble?

He isn't a Liberal, is he?

Hi, can you tell us how it felt as a CHILD to know that your dad was getting blowjobs from interns and the entire US nation thinks about your fathers dong all the time? Specifically, how many tears did your mother shed to know that her marriage is the all time greatest parody of the 90s?

:rolleyes:

legitimate my ass.

Forum List

Back