Chefs out there..

GWBfan

May 26, 2004
Dallas, TX
I just ordered this sweet little addition to my kitchen with some Birthday cash!
Is it sweet?

"http://www.ikitchen2000.com/prod/db/prod.php3?prodNo=G02G46"

Mr. P said:
THEY ARE NOT TOYS!! THEY ARE TOOLS, DAMNIT!!

Obviously, you consider cooking a chore, then. Not so for me. :) They're toys.

Mr. P said:
PFFFFFFFFFFFFtttttt...No, cooking is an act of love...ya need tools fer it. :)

But you select each piece lovingly, and with the utmost care. They're not screw drivers - you do not purchase them in sets of 10 pieces.

Shattered said:
But you select each piece lovingly, and with the utmost care. They're not screw drivers - you do not purchase them in sets of 10 pieces.
True.. :)

Gotta go..I have three teen girls here that want to do the AIM crap.
Happy New year, EVERYONE!

*Sorry about bustin into your thread there GWBfan.*

Extraordinary cookware is a TOOL to a craftsman, and a TOY to the hobbyist. Whether someone is a professional chef, or the weekend cook..Let's face it. Nothing much thrills like a fine knife!

Well, I like and use them both. The ceramic I have is actually two rods.
They fit into pre-drilled holes in a wooden block at a vertical angle.
The holes are drilled at an angle that makes the best edge when you slide the blade down
the rod. It just makes it easier to get that perfect edge since the angle is set for you.
For those who know what they're doing, a good steel is faster.

Woo Hoo! I received my pristine GLOBAL sheath today! SWEET! Can't WAIT to break out a few new recipes this weekend!!
Global cutlery requires it's own sharpening equipment due to the unique materials and forgery involved. Apparantly one should not use ANY other knife sharpener on a Global, nor a Global sharpener on another knife. And NEVER take a Global to a pro sharpener!! They may not be equipped to handle such a gem!!
:thewave:

GWBfan said:
Woo Hoo! I received my pristine GLOBAL sheath today! SWEET! Can't WAIT to break out a few new recipes this weekend!!
Global cutlery requires it's own sharpening equipment due to the unique materials and forgery involved. Apparantly one should not use ANY other knife sharpener on a Global, nor a Global sharpener on another knife. And NEVER take a Global to a pro sharpener!! They may not be equipped to handle such a gem!!
:thewave:

Enjoy. I know that I would.

Forum List

Back