Cheesy grits with crispy bacon.

I've never had grits, but anything with cheese and bacon must be good! I probably wouldn't like the texture of grits. I don't like mushy foods like that. I could never stand the consistency of oatmeal. It always makes me gag.
a lot of people have issues with the texture of food- I get that. I had that issue for years with avocados but luckily got past that.

Grits can be smooth and creamy like oatmeal- or can be made thicker- more like mashed potatoes. As others have mentioned- they are essentially the same thing as polenta but polenta sounds fancier.

I actually love mashed potatoes, as long as there aren't a lot of lumps in them. Isn't polenta more firm? I think I've seen people cut it. I don't think you can cut through grits. :D

Polenta and Grits are basically the same thing- but polenta sounds fancier and you can serve it with pasta sauce on it.

You can make grits- and then spread them out on a cake sheet and let them cool (they firm up then) and then fry in a little oil

I had grits 20 years ago and I was not fond of them at all. I think I have a box in my cupboard that has been there for at least a year because I was quite sure if they were home made they would be better. I just........haven't gotten around to it. They might still suck.

Grits by themselves suck!!!
It's what you add to them that makes them great.
Think of it as redneck Tofu.

FU again I am a Chicago guy never had them till 2004 , I hate anything in them, but of course I don't like salad dressing, steak sauce , like plain bake potatos...

Guess that's why I weigh the same since high school

I had grits 20 years ago and I was not fond of them at all. I think I have a box in my cupboard that has been there for at least a year because I was quite sure if they were home made they would be better. I just........haven't gotten around to it. They might still suck.

FU again I am a Chicago guy never had them till 2004 , I hate anything in them, but of course I don't like salad dressing, steak sauce , like plain bake potatos...

F me again?

I've been eating grits since before I had teeth and down here in Texas we put anything from plain old butter,maybe some bacon drippings,cheese,hell,some people put jelly in em.
As far as steaks go if you're putting anything on em besides salt and pepper you're probably buying round steak.

F me again?

I've been eating grits since before I had teeth and down here in Texas we put anything from plain old butter,maybe some bacon drippings,cheese,hell,some people put jelly in em.
As far as steaks go if you're putting anything on em besides salt and pepper you're probably buying round steak.

At least I am not a weirdo who puts ranch dressing on pizza

F me again?

At least I am not a weirdo who puts ranch dressing on pizza

I'll never understand the ranch dressing craze in America.
It overpowers any damn thing you put it on.

Just had a great big bowl of cheesy grits with lots of crispy bacon broken into the grits.
I am blessed.

You are indeed!

I do love grits...ground white hominy grits - not that yellow, finely textured polenta stuff! Shrimp and grits, grits and greens, grits and runny eggs, cheese grits, fried fish and grits, baked garlic cheese grits, grits with toast and jelly...gonna go fix some grits right now! Yum. :)

Forum List

Back