Cheese as a dessert.

I can't think of cheese as a dessert at all, with the exception of cheesecake...now I do like cheesecake :)

Cheesecake.

All other cheese are best suited for dinner. :p Sometimes I have cheese (an assortment) and crackers for dinner.

My mom's chocolate and ricotta cake. Yum!

And the recipe is???? :eusa_pray:

1/2 cup water
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
2 cups sugar
1 egg
5 egg yolks
1/2 cup ricotta
1 Tbsp vanilla extract

FROSTING:
6 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
1 1/2 sticks butter at room temperature
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Preparation:

Preheat oven to 375

Boil water and pour over cocoa powder. Mix with a spoon until lumps disappear. Let cool.

In a double-broiler, melt the baking chocolate. To create a double-broiler, fill one pot with 2-3 inches of water. Set a smaller pot inside, so that the bottom skims the water in the larger pot. Turn the heat to medium, so the water comes to a gentle boil. Mix chocolate with a heat-resistant spatula as it melts. When the chocolate has melted completely, remove it from the stove and let cool.

In a medium-sized bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

In a mixer, blend butter until smooth. With the mixer still running, add sugar. Add the egg and mix until blended, then add the egg yolks one at a time. Add vanilla.

With the mixer on low, add melted cocoa powder and chocolate. Add dry ingredients, 1/2 cup at a time. Add ricotta.

Pour the batter into a buttered 13x9 inch cake pan. Cook for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck into the middle of the cake comes out clean.

While the cake is baking, make the frosting:

In a double broiler, melt the 6 oz of baking chocolate. Let cool.

In a mixer, blend butter until smooth. Add vanilla. Add melted chocolate. Add powdered sugar and mix until just blended. If you prefer a sweeter frosting, add more powdered sugar one Tablespoon at a time until it reaches your desired sweetness.

After removing the cake from the oven, let cool before frosting. The cake will keep for several days outside of refrigeration.

Wheat thins spread lightly with butter (LIGHTLY), sprinkle garlic on top, add a thin slice of cheese. Not sweet but sure is good!

Forum List

Back