Cheers all around as Obama sets fuel efficiency goals for big trucks

I just the love the cute little neocons on this board.

"Hey! There is no such thing as global warning, but I think we should do our utmost to stop pollution."

So Obama does and now it's

"Things are gonna cost more," or "Obama is a dictator."

You loons are hysterical...

they were stupid enough to buy a ford so who cares?
And Ford was stupid enough to follow the edicts from the Emperor.

If it's so easy for authoritarians to demand and get such things by fiat, why not just demand that industry unlock the question of electro-gravitics, under penalty of death for failure?

How did a design error by ford relate to better fuel efficiency requirements?

ford also made flipomatic SUV's, no doubt cuased by fuel efficiency requirements?
The design error was part and parcel to Ford being forced to build shitboxes like the Pinto, rather than cars that people wanted like the Galaxy 500.

All these decrees from on high are going to do is force people to get killed, in favor of their twisted social engineering schemes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZzKUt4OtE8]‪In A Yugo - Paul Shanklin‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
In A Yugo - Paul Shanklin

:):):):):)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD0jeBhCjz0&feature=related]‪Al Gore sings "Ball of Fire" by Paul Shanklin‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
Al Gore sings "Ball of Fire" by Paul Shanklin

I just the love the cute little neocons on this board.

"Hey! There is no such thing as global warning, but I think we should do our utmost to stop pollution."

So Obama does and now it's

"Things are gonna cost more," or "Obama is a dictator."

You loons are hysterical...

As you are AS USUAL.

and here we have another thread about HOW THE OBAMA is going to SAVE US.

NO matter what it is going to COST.

well folks, guess who this COST is going to affect THE MOST. the very people the left like to crow about they care MORE FOR.

The poor and THE MIDDLE CLASS.

Same place you scored your deflection....:cool:
There's no deflection in calling out a fallacious argument (strawman) for what it is, wallaby boy.

I'm a Kiwi boy, not a Wallaby boy, and if you think that's a strawman I got a bridge to sell you in Alaska...

Hey Dud, not everything is a conspiracy ya know....
My calling out your strawman arguments for what they are has nothing to do with any conspiracy, non sequitur kiwi-shtupper boy.

Oh they will make hybrid tech large trucks and vans... They will make them and people will pay double or more for them because they will eventually have no choice.

My problem with hybrid tech? Its a white wash plain and simple. Back in the late 80's or early 90's you could buy a Honda Civic CRX that would get very nearly 50 miles per gallon highway. It looked nice, handled like a sports car and was surprisingly agile and quick, and would last a long time and did so for around 15,000. And today to even get more than 40 mpg, you have to buy a hybrid that handles like a tractor due to the weight of the hybrid tech, and will cost triple to repair, be harder to get repaired, last a third as long, and be slow as snails uphill. And the best part is it will cost about 30,000...

If there is any sense in this please clue me in....

I had a 84 CRX, went 230,000 miles before a ex! girlfriend decided it dint need oil anymore

:cuckoo:

I also have a CDL, big trucks get as good FUEL mileage as they can, fuel is a huge expense.
To suggest they can do better with a stroke of a pen is liberalism at its worst.

The independent driver is being put out of business by a kabal between the large carriers and the liberal govt. Crony capitalism at its best? No worst.

Everything you touch was in a truck once, probably allot more than that, every day in every way liberals destroy. Now they are destroying the lives of so many hard working men and women in the transportation industry its criminal, and you think those ruined wont do anything about it.

If you live in a large urban area or a city, id start to worry if i was you. Or not, carry on like whats happening in the UK isnt happeng here because the mass media doesnt report it.

thugs acting up arnt a problem, a few rubber bullets and a club and they are done.

Real men and women wont be beat down so easy. get on the two-way, spread the word, shut them down! Shut every highway leading into cities DOWN!!!

Its now or never Drivers, now or never.

Last edited:
I remember when every car made in the USA got about 10 MPG if you were lucky. My first car an Olds 88 got like between 6-8 MPG. My second a ford sunliner got about 10-12 mpg.

Now my light truck hovers around 29 MPG slighly more on long trips if I keep it below 70 mph.

Offhand I'd say setting targets for the fleet's overall gas consumption has been a good idea.

Three Cheers For Tyranny!!

Hip hip

Fuck you

Hip hip

Fuck You

Hip hip

FUCK YOU

only liberals cheer tyranny as freedom is taken away.

I also appluade the inclusion of stop signs at intersections.

Now I know that this TYRANNY upsets you, TT, but I still think that's a fair trade off between my right to drive as I choose and my right to expect that people will stop before entering an intersection.

My point here is that not all personal FREEDOM is really the grand idea that your post indicates that you think it is.

Hip hip

Fuck you

Hip hip

Fuck You

Hip hip

FUCK YOU

Now I know that this TYRANNY upsets you, TT, but I still think that's a fair trade off between my right to drive as I choose and my right to expect that people will stop before entering an intersection.

My point here is that not all personal FREEDOM is really the grand idea that your post indicates that you think it is.

WTF is wrong with YIELD Signs???

Yield signs would save a lot of gas by not having every vehicle stop when there is no one else around.

Hip hip

Fuck you

Hip hip

Fuck You

Hip hip

FUCK YOU

Stop signs?

I stand against government forcing further regulations onto private biz, that will increase the cost of doing biz that will be passed onto me.

And you blather on about stop signs.

You have no understanding of the freedoms we lose to people like you b/c you got some personnal feeling of victory for it.

I remember when every car made in the USA got about 10 MPG if you were lucky. My first car an Olds 88 got like between 6-8 MPG. My second a ford sunliner got about 10-12 mpg.

Now my light truck hovers around 29 MPG slighly more on long trips if I keep it below 70 mph.

Offhand I'd say setting targets for the fleet's overall gas consumption has been a good idea.
WTF?

What evidence do you have that it was federal mandates which are chiefly responsible for this?

Logical Fallacy: Post Hoc

Forum List

Back