Cheerleading to become an Olympic sport

upload_2016-12-6_14-36-23.jpeg

You should be happy. It'll give your progressive side a chance to shave your legs, put on your cheerleader outfit, and try out for the team.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Well cheerleading is a form of group gymnastics.

If we stuck to the original format from 776 BC then most of the current sports would be excluded anyway.

Originally it was all just a 200 yard dash.

Then they added more.

Ancient Olympic Games - Wikipedia

They already have that ribbon dancing stuff, that's cheerleader-like.

That is not a sport that's some kind of entertainment before the games start.

No, it's called Rhythmic Gymnastics and it an Olympic sport.

Rhythmic Gymnastics
Oh yeah, smarty pants. You know allll about rhythmic gymnastics already. It's where you dance around with a ribbon, ooh-la-la.

Well yes, you can use a ribbon, but rhythmic gymnastics also includes team competitions where you can opt for a hoop, ball, clubs or rope, in addition to the ubiquitous ribbon. It's like synchronized swimming, but with juggling added. That is exactly as awesome as it sounds.

Here's a taste of the absolute insanity that goes down in rhythmic gymnastics. You might want to watch this in full screen.

12 Olympic Events You Didn't Know Were Olympic Events

They already have that ribbon dancing stuff, that's cheerleader-like.

That is not a sport that's some kind of entertainment before the games start.

No, it's called Rhythmic Gymnastics and it an Olympic sport.

Rhythmic Gymnastics
Oh yeah, smarty pants. You know allll about rhythmic gymnastics already. It's where you dance around with a ribbon, ooh-la-la.

Well yes, you can use a ribbon, but rhythmic gymnastics also includes team competitions where you can opt for a hoop, ball, clubs or rope, in addition to the ubiquitous ribbon. It's like synchronized swimming, but with juggling added. That is exactly as awesome as it sounds.

Here's a taste of the absolute insanity that goes down in rhythmic gymnastics. You might want to watch this in full screen.

12 Olympic Events You Didn't Know Were Olympic Events

Alright..who won the event in the last Olympic....let me guess China. I guess the 12 people who showed up to watch this event were all Chinese.

I went to your link and I knew all of them were Olympic events...but I just can't find myself getting into watching women dancing around with ribbons. The rest of the events on the list I have watched in part and most are very athletic or a need of a very high skill level to do.

I went to your link and I knew all of them were Olympic events...but I just can't find myself getting into watching women dancing around with ribbons. The rest of the events on the list I have watched in part and most are very athletic or a need of a very high skill level to do.

Forum List

Back