Cheerleaders and Groupies: Political Debate in USA

Neser Boha

upgrade your gray matter
Mar 4, 2009
Nordic Bayou
Started a little blog - just for fun - and for a little bit of venting (obviously).

Please read the 'Cheerleaders and Groupies' entry and tell me your opinion. Ideas on improving the text (in terms of syntax, grammatical errors, etc.) will also be greatly appreciated.

Huliganyetta Herald

:razz:

I keep on re-reading it and fixing a thing or two here and there .... I would really appreciate if anyone read it and gave me some feedback. Don't make me beg ... :D

I keep on re-reading it and fixing a thing or two here and there .... I would really appreciate if anyone read it and gave me some feedback. Don't make me beg ... :D

You should ask after the dinner hour when their tummies are sated; not when they're drooling into their pillows. :)

You end with this:

"I believe, that if people everywhere, not only in the U.S.A., started caring more about general well-being of humanity instead of well-being of their political party, religious group, or sports team, this world would be a much nicer place to live."

[Emphasis added]

Well then that would mean they'd be a liberal!

Just kidding. All in all a rather good piece, and much truth to it.

You end with this:

"I believe, that if people everywhere, not only in the U.S.A., started caring more about general well-being of humanity instead of well-being of their political party, religious group, or sports team, this world would be a much nicer place to live."

[Emphasis added]

Well then that would mean they'd be a liberal!

Just kidding. All in all a rather good piece, and much truth to it.

Well ... that wish is very much on the liberal (as in kumbayah-singing, peace-pipe smoking) side, I guess. But it is just a wish. :)

There should be some sort of a movement in the US coming next election aiming to introduce another political party into the system - I know I know, you got them independents and greens, but they're world's laughing stock as of now - you need to conspire and organize and vote for another party (either independents or greens or some other one, whatever). Seriously. I know it sounds funny to an American ear (I understand all the reasoning behind it), but you really need to do something of that sort if you ever want to get out of this two-party shit. If you want to, that is. I want you to because then it will be much more exhilarating watching you from abroad ;) ... besides, I truly believe you would profit from such a change ... and so would the rest of the world since you have such a humongous global impact on virtually every single country around the globe (here's my personal interest ;) ) ...

Last edited:
Hmm, the posting argues what I in fact say here all the time, an end to the us/them mentality.

I have been trying for a long time to see that, and an end to the labels as I get hit with them all the time.

I'd say it was decently written but not gripping, I prefer to write political commentary that touches an emotion or draws a reaction.

I think that things would be better if we had a strong third party.

To all you political scholars out there: Why is there not a strong third party in American politics? I'm sure there is some history here.

To all you political scholars out there: Why is there not a strong third party in American politics? I'm sure there is some history here.
One word:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

That pretty much covers it.

One word:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

That pretty much covers it.

Yep. I guess that's right.

You would have what we have now but 3 ways instead of 2 ways.

The party system is the problem, why do we need it at all?

Think about it, parties are machines, they generate money and demand paybakcs and so on.

Why not have a setup where there are no parties, but instead allow all candidates 5 minutes on TV each week in an election cycle for free, and of course web sites, but nothing else?

Would set the world on it's ear.

Think about it, parties are machines, they generate money and demand paybakcs and so on.

Why not have a setup where there are no parties, but instead allow all candidates 5 minutes on TV each week in an election cycle for free, and of course web sites, but nothing else?

I think having political parties is important as it builds a sort of stability and consistency within its candidates. In other words, you can hold a political party responsible for what its members do ... if you have just individuals ... you can only hold the individual responsible and that doesn't seem to go a long way since it's just one dude or maybe a few that he/she surrounds himself/herself with. But there are people that think it would be better to have individual candidates vs. parties - I think there are some countries that function similarly.

I think having political parties is important as it builds a sort of stability and consistency within its candidates. In other words, you can hold a political party responsible for what its members do ... if you have just individuals ... you can only hold the individual responsible and that doesn't seem to go a long way since it's just one dude or maybe a few that he/she surrounds himself/herself with. But there are people that think it would be better to have individual candidates vs. parties - I think there are some countries that function similarly.
So want to blame faceless groups and not people for the bad things they do.

That doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Parties make people defend the indefensible, say rediculous things and excuse things they know are wrong 'for the good of the party.'

None of that is anything I believe is worth keeping.

Parties are everything that is wrong in government.

Forum List

Back