checking the death toll under obama

As for you other comments, they are off topic, which is the continued deaths of our servicemen and women under President Obama.

I guess since midcan has the Ossiah in his avatar, you hold him to the same standard, eh dipshit?

Want to bet we are not watching. President Obama has about three months to show some real results in Afghanistan. Results such as Bin Laden's head. Results such as the Taliban in defeat with no support from the Afghan people.

You fools gave Bush and his cabal of incompetants eight full years to demonstrate that they could blow 3 Trillion dollars with no positive results. Now President Obama inherited the whole mess that you helped create. There is no way that he can straighten it out in only six months. But, by the end of this year, the mess is his completely. If he fails by then to have a plan to get us out of there, and stop our fiscal hemoraging in Iraq and Afghanistan, he will have to answer for his failure.

Bush toppled a regime in Iraq that had been responsible for most of the violence, death and suffering in the ME for a generation and replaced it with a functioning democracy: if Iraq continues to succeed, the credit goes to the Bush administration, and if Iraq fails, the blame is Obama's.

In Afghanistan, Bush toppled the regime that had allowed al Qaeda to train for and plan 911 and other attacks on Americans, and despite the almost insurmountable problems created by Pakistan's refusal to take effective action against the Taliban and its allies operating on Pakistani soil, established the beginnings of a democratic government in Afghanistan, rallied NATO to provide support for our actions in Afghanistan and kept the Taliban on the run despite the strains the Iraq war put on our armed forces. With Pakistan now effectively taking over territory that once belonged to the Taliban and its allies, Obama now faces a far easier task in Afghanistan than the Bush administration ever did, and if the elections fail because of Taliban violence, which would be an enormous defeat for US efforts, it will be Obama's failure, and if Afghanistan fails to become a functioning democracy on its way to self sufficiency, it will be another Obama failure to add to the growing list of his failures in both domestic and foreign policy matters.

It's time for this administration and its supporters to stop whining about what a tough job Obama has and to stop trying to blame failures due to Obama's incompetence or his administration's tendency to put politics ahead of policy on the Bush administration, and to either make some progress in dealing with these problems or acknowledge Obama is the wrong man for the job and should be replaced in 2012, either in the primaries or the general election.

Last edited:
seems since the new prez is in office...no one mentions the death toll of the wars:

here is a good site....breaks it down....

iCasualties | Operation Enduring Freedom

no american should forget what is going on overseas and the toll this is taking on our military. we have the luxury of being arm chair quarterbacks....these men and woman dont.
15wxn29.gif

This is great. Really great. The Republicans think it's a mistake to pull out of Iraq and the Republican criticize Obama on dead members of the military and if no one died, the Republicans would say that Obama isn't taking the fight to the enemy. I imagine if Obama gets UBL, the Republicans will criticize that as well...

The party of no alright. The party of no relevance.

party of no relevance? the democrats give them an AWFUL lot of credit for Obama's public option being dropped, considering the repubs have no real power. I guess they think the republicans' power is supernatural, then.
remind us again when strollingbones became a republican. I must have missed the memo.

The final cost of the war, considering all costs, will easily exceed 3 trillion dollars.

The Iraq War Will Cost Us $3 Trillion, and Much More

The Iraq War Will Cost Us $3 Trillion, and Much More - washingtonpost.com

By Linda J. Bilmes and Joseph E. Stiglitz
Sunday, March 9, 2008; Page B01

There is no such thing as a free lunch, and there is no such thing as a free war. The Iraq adventure has seriously weakened the U.S. economy, whose woes now go far beyond loose mortgage lending. You can't spend $3 trillion -- yes, $3 trillion -- on a failed war abroad and not feel the pain at home.

Some people will scoff at that number, but we've done the math. Senior Bush administration aides certainly pooh-poohed worrisome estimates in the run-up to the war. Former White House economic adviser Lawrence Lindsey reckoned that the conflict would cost $100 billion to $200 billion; Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld later called his estimate "baloney." Administration officials insisted that the costs would be more like $50 billion to $60 billion. In April 2003, Andrew S. Natsios, the thoughtful head of the U.S. Agency for International Development, said on "Nightline" that reconstructing Iraq would cost the American taxpayer just $1.7 billion. Ted Koppel, in disbelief, pressed Natsios on the question, but Natsios stuck to his guns. Others in the administration, such as Deputy Defense Secretary Paul D. Wolfowitz, hoped that U.S. partners would chip in, as they had in the 1991 Persian Gulf War, or that Iraq's oil would pay for the damages.

The end result of all this wishful thinking? As we approach the fifth anniversary of the invasion, Iraq is not only the second longest war in U.S. history (after Vietnam), it is also the second most costly -- surpassed only by World War II.

Huh... So Rocks feels that referencing a source wherein there is nothing more than the baseless opinion of another Pro-terrorist Leftists... Note the phrasing in the title... "The Iraq War Will Cost Us $3 Trillion..."

Which explains why the article didn't enumerate the costs, preferring instead to simply assert that 'they had done the math...' which implies, much as the Hawaiin Health official... "trust us... I've seen the data."

Sadly, the assertion simply doesn't hold up against common sense analysis...

What we can be sure, is that their would-be figures would calculate the budgeted cost of the military assets brought to bear in the conflict; on-going, on budget costs which we were liable for without regard to where the troops and supplies were at any given moment, be that at Ft. Cambell, Camp LeJuene, Ft. Bragg or Camp Pendleton, etc; and there can be no doubt that other sophisticated considerations of a similar nature were tossed in as well.

They're liars... and they're malcontents...

What it all boils down to is the unimaginable amount of money that these subversive fucks have PISSED AWAY!

A trillion dollars in a Global War being fought around the planet, on two major fronts... is unto itself a STAGGERING AMOUNT OF MONEY! But it was spent over the best part of a decade... fighting a global menace... a mindset which was and remains determined to attack anyone who simply oposses it.

But these clowns have spent more than DOUBLE THAT in SIX MONTHS on NOTHING! And what's more they are presently plotting to spend 5 times that on more of the SAME; TRILLIONS OF TAX DOLLARS WHICH THEY INTEND TO USE FOR NO OTHER PURPOSE THAN TO BUY POWER; POWER WHICH THEY INTEND TO USE TO MANIPULATE THE CULTURE INTO COMPLIANCE WITH THEIR INSIPID IDEOLOGY.

"If Bush only spent 900 billion to send hundreds of thousands of Marines, Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen... ten thousand miles away; with all the logistical equipment, Jets, planes, Humvees, Trucks, tankers: land and air; Ships, boats, ammunition, fuel, food, water, toilet paper... medical supplies and equipment, Doctors, nurses and supplemental civilian staff... if he rebuilt two nations... with less than a TRILLION DOLLARS over 8 years...

Then WHAT IN THE FUCK DID WE BUY WITH TWO TRILLION DEFICIT DOLLARS IN SIX MONTHS?"

And THAT friends is why they must now hyper-inflate the tab for the Bush GWOT into the stratosphere...

Because while the a-political moderates tend to think with their dicks most of the time... they're really not completely stupid... and eventually they're going to figure out that ALL TWO TRILLION DOLLARS bought... WAS POWER. It bought favors and 'ins'... it bought new political allies and funded old one's into mind boggling means... it cowed old enemies and prevented the likelihood of developing new ones... at least effective new ones; because all those who had the means to do something about it; ARE NOW OWNED: LOCK, STOCK AND BARREL!

The topic was only relivent as a club to beat Bush with.

Bush is gone, ergo there are no longer heavy critics and protestors of the wars.

No rallies, no meetings, no anger.

I was genually against these overseas forrays as I knew the USA would never do it right, they would half ass it and get a lot of good people killed and in the end they would leave a mess.

I knew it back in January of 1991 before Papa Bush made the grave mistake of getting the USA involved in a land war in Asia, 18 years and that still isn't resolved.

18 years.

And the death toll of Americans keep rising for nothing.

seems since the new prez is in office...no one mentions the death toll of the wars:

no american should forget what is going on overseas and the toll this is taking on our military. we have the luxury of being arm chair quarterbacks....these men and woman dont.

Thanks for remembering our brothers and sisters in harms way Strolling.

I have some friends that are still in AFG and I worry about them a lot.

Of course NOT... The "Free Press" Knows how this Hurt (43)'s Poll #s when they Obsessed on it pre-Jan-09 and they aren't about to Harm their Messiah...

This was as Predictable there NOT being a Great Depression.

:)

peace...

obama just moved the goal posts.. now he "promises to have the troops out by the end of 2011." (Iraq)

and PC some us care about the troops, try not to lump us all into one group.
I have one friend who is still over there and one that just got back and I just found out friday a guy I went to school with for years died over there.

Forum List

Back