Checking Lebanon info

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
I saw a BBC story about a near total economic implosion in Lebanon that's getting worse. Does anybody know anything about this? Usually even fairly small countries that take the Argentina trail get some coverage, what happened in Lebanon?

I saw a BBC story about a near total economic implosion in Lebanon that's getting worse. Does anybody know anything about this? Usually even fairly small countries that take the Argentina trail get some coverage, what happened in Lebanon?

Not to worry. The House Speaker is personally handling the mid-East current crisis in Lebanon. Apparently she doesn't trust Trump or Pompeo getting involved so she deserted the impeachment process, business of the House and her constituents.
I had been in the Army for 8 months when the Lebanese crises started in Aug '58. I spent 3 months at the Beirut Int'l Airport on a security detail during Operation Blue Bat. This current crisis started then. Nancy will handle it.

Bull shot all the lebs I grew up with have a shit load of money. They were all the gas stations and convenience stores and pizza shops

Not to worry. The House Speaker is personally handling the mid-East current crisis in Lebanon. Apparently she doesn't trust Trump or Pompeo getting involved so she deserted the impeachment process, business of the House and her constituents.
I had been in the Army for 8 months when the Lebanese crises started in Aug '58. I spent 3 months at the Beirut Int'l Airport on a security detail during Operation Blue Bat. This current crisis started then. Nancy will handle it.

~~~~~~
I guess you got there after the Marines stormed the beach and dug foxholes next to bare breasted women sunning themselves, while the cadre I was with landed at Beirut Int'l AP.. But that was then when Christians and Muslims lived somewhat in peace and Iran wasn't deeply involved with Hezbollah. Today Lebanon is controlled by Hezbollah a proxy of Iran. Trump's sanctions are putting a hurt on both Hezbollah and Iran.

Last edited:

~~~~~~
I guess you got there after the Marines stormed the beach and dug foxholes next to bare breasted women sunning themselves, while the cadre I was with landed at Beirut Int'l AP.. But that was then when Christians and Muslims lived somewhat in peace and Iran wasn't deeply involved with Hezbollah. Today Lebanon is controlled by Hezbollah a proxy of Iran. Trump's sanctions are putting a hurt on both Hezbollah and Iran.

You're the second person on this board who was there besides me. A member here, aris2chat was a young teenager from Beirut and she became a journalist and spent many years traveling the mid-East. Every year she had a month of vacation and spent the whole month volunteering to work with and help the refugees in Lebanon's refugee camps.She had a lot of friends on this board and we were all saddened by her death 2 years ago this month. We used to talk about Lebanon being a Christian nation at that time.

Forum List

Back