Check Your SIGNATURE Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have any sig lines hidden....sometimes I enjoy reading what people have there....other times...Eh...I could care less ~LoL~

LOL...i guess sig lines that are copyright infringements is a whole nuther can of worms.

example?

i see a few here and there. don't want to name names really because i am so new. most of them involve song lyrics.

here's one...you probably know the guy maybe...

"Won't Get Fooled Again"
by Peter Townshend

Who, The Won't Get Fooled Again lyrics

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around (me)
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
(Don't get fooled again.)

i included the title, author, and link so i wouldn't be in violation of copyright law myself. the portion of the sig in parenthesis are words that seem to be added by him as they were not in any of the three websites i checked.

and there are others, but i sure ain't dog, the copyright hunter. i just notice it here and there. if you want the name, just ask, or PM me. i am sure the guy will be on my case anyway if he sees it.

and for the record, i do not like or agree with copyright infringement but it is complicated. i know a guy who was busted for posting something that was in the public domain. its just complicated all around...trademarks, common use, fair use...lol...i kinda got a grasp on it, and that grasp is that i know very kittle about it. but i am probably far more knowledgeable thaan many of those who think they inderstand it.

you've been around. let me know what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back