Check your dog treats

No, I don't think BB has recall issues, I think my vet said that it was about their foods being contaminated with allergens because the machinery was used to process other types of foods (like some people will have allergic reactions to peanuts even if the peanut isn't there...it's just a matter of having touched a peanut at sometime). My vet doesn't sell science diet. She rattled off a list of names that were good for super allergic dogs, none of which she carries save one, and explained to me the ins and outs of it.

I think Wilderness was one of those she recommended.

I don't remember. My mind was full of "I can't fucking afford this shit."

No, I don't think BB has recall issues, I think my vet said that it was about their foods being contaminated with allergens because the machinery was used to process other types of foods (like some people will have allergic reactions to peanuts even if the peanut isn't there...it's just a matter of having touched a peanut at sometime). My vet doesn't sell science diet. She rattled off a list of names that were good for super allergic dogs, none of which she carries save one, and explained to me the ins and outs of it.

I think Wilderness was one of those she recommended.

I don't remember. My mind was full of "I can't fucking afford this shit."

I hear ya. I've got 5 dogs and I feed Wilderness. Talk about going broke feeding the kids. LOL

Yeah I'm rationing the cheap crap right now...but they get all the leftovers (that are appropriate...I try not to give them bread). This morning they had their food, and a couple of egg yolks (my daughter only eats the whites), and tortillas, and some oatmeal.

They look really good right now, too. But Klaus wants to break out. Every couple of days he starts shaking his ears and scratching and I have to dose him with benadryl and prednisone for a couple of days.

BB has another grainfree. Freedom.

When I sent e-mails to BB I asked what the difference between Wilderness and Freedom is. Hope they return with answers.

Mayby its less costly. I can always hope. LOL

BB answered my query.

They do share equipment with several other companies. According to them the equipment is cleaned by each company before and after use.

Freedom is a grain free like Wilderness but not as high in protein and carbs. Probably not as pricey either.

I may check out the Freedom but I really like Wilderness. Man my dogs gleam. No grease on the sides of the food bowls and the teeth are whiter than white.

I will have to check out Freedom though.

Forum List

Back