Check Your AT&T Billing!!!

fyrenza

Ariel Looney
May 22, 2010
south Texas
Seemed like our phone bill was just going up, Up, UP, but I do everything online, and never really looked at our paper billing, so I just figured that the rates had gone up or something, you know?

Imagine my HORROR to find that:

1) For BASIC phone service, JUST to be able to make local calls, and AT&T's "package" of Caller ID and Call Waiting,

which costs $23/mo,

we're paying an ADDITIONAL $11.93 for Surcharges and Taxes;

AND

2) AT&T now allows third parties to add THEIR charges to your phone bill!!!

Evidently Dear signed up for something TOTALLY unrelated,
and a company called HBS Billing Services signed us up for their BOGUS ID Theft Protection!!!

CHECK YOUR PAPER BILLS, peeps!!!

I called AT&T, and if you TELL Them To, ONLY THEN will they BLOCK these sorry-assed "third party" mofo's.

Unfortunately, that blockage does NOT extend to the ABSOLUTE RIP OFF by the Federal gov of the added Surcharges and Taxes.

FUCK! That is 51.9 % they're ADDING to a BASIC SERVICE that no one can live without!!!

To say that I'm absolutely FURIOUS over this would be the Understatement of the CENTURY!!!

My wife has had to call them to remove 3rd party unauthorized charges several times. I would have just paid it without reviewing. Mine is the cell bill though.

Landlines still exist?

With Verizon picking up the iPhone, AT&T's days are numbered. I'll miss them even less than I miss GM.

prob a 12% service fee to handle the 3%
they are stealing from thier customers

Seemed like our phone bill was just going up, Up, UP, but I do everything online, and never really looked at our paper billing, so I just figured that the rates had gone up or something, you know?

1) For BASIC phone service, JUST to be able to make local calls, and AT&T's "package" of Caller ID and Call Waiting,

which costs $23/mo,

AND

and a company called HBS Billing Services signed us up for their BOGUS ID Theft Protection!!!

I called AT&T, and if you TELL Them To, ONLY THEN will they BLOCK these sorry-assed "third party" mofo's.

Unfortunately, that blockage does NOT extend to the ABSOLUTE RIP OFF by the Federal gov of the added Surcharges and Taxes.

FUCK! That is 51.9 % they're ADDING to a BASIC SERVICE that no one can live without!!!

To say that I'm absolutely FURIOUS over this would be the Understatement of the CENTURY!!!
I fired ATT years ago when it was Southern Bell. I think I have been wireless for over 6 years now.

I have the most basic AT&T call set -up that charges me $$ for every call I make so I have to watch those 10 cent a minute out of area calls. BUT....I don't make many calls. Plus I have basic $20 DSL and Caller ID. My bill is always around $50.

We use a calling card that charges less than 2¢ per minute for any long distance calls in the US ~

we don't make many, so our $25 / 19 HOURS of talk time lasts about 4 to 6 months!

And they've gotten smart about calling cards ~ our home phone is "recognized" by the service, so there is NO humongous ID/PIN to key in! :lol:

RE: Cell Phones

You're STILL getting all of those surcharges/taxes added to your bill.

RE: Surcharges and Taxes

This site outlines what monies go where:

Charges on your phone bill

which costs $23/mo,

AND

Two words. Majic Jack.

Thank y'all for the suggestions!!!

And, after paying for PORTABILITY,

I expect we can KEEP our phone number! :lol:

Okay, but our internet is through AT&T, also, so now what do we do for THAT? :rofl:

p.s. Stealing the neighbor's signal is ONLY considered an Extreme Emergency Solution. ;)

Forum List

Back