Check this out..

Great picture.

And at the same time, the Arctic has been warmer than normal.

Arctic Sea Ice News & Analysis

January 5, 2010
Extreme negative phase of the Arctic Oscillation yields a warm Arctic

Arctic sea ice extent at end of December 2009 remained below normal, primarily in the Atlantic sector of the Arctic. Average air temperatures over the Arctic Ocean were much higher than normal for the month, reflecting unusual atmospheric conditions. Finally, we provide a review of 2009 Arctic sea ice conditions.

and antarctic ice sheets are expanding. What's your point moron?

Now, idiot child, don't bust a gasket. The Antarctic Sea Ice is expanding in the winter, and melting off in the summer. The Antarctic Ice Cap is losing ice by the giga-ton every year now, both from Western Antarctica, and, also, from Eastern Antarctica.

Climate Feedback: Is east Antarctic ice melting?
Is east Antarctic ice melting?
Daniel Cressey; cross-posted from The Great Beyond

The ice sheet covering east Antarctica may have been melting since 2006, according to new research, contradicting previous suggestions that it has remained stable or even grown in mass.

Using measurements for 2002 to 2009 from a twin pair of satellites, researchers at the University of Texas at Austin in Austin, Texas, say east Antarctica is losing mass at about 58 gigatonnes a year. Most of the loss appears to be from coastal regions and to stem from increased ice loss post 2006.

Previous studies have generally used satellites to measure elevation or movement of ice. The new study - published in Nature Geoscience - instead looks at the Earth’s gravity field and uses that to work out how much ice is there. It also suggests that 132 Gt of the total annual ice loss of 190 Gt per year is coming from the west.

Although there are uncertainties in the data, the new estimates of ice loss are on average consistent with previous calculations, “but, in contrast to previous estimates, they indicate that as a whole, Antarctica may soon be contributing significantly more to global sea-level rise”, the researchers write in their paper.

Now, idiot child, don't bust a gasket. The Antarctic Sea Ice is expanding in the winter, and melting off in the summer. The Antarctic Ice Cap is losing ice by the giga-ton every year now, both from Western Antarctica, and, also, from Eastern Antarctica.

The ice sheet covering east Antarctica may have been melting since 2006, according to new research, contradicting previous suggestions that it has remained stable or even grown in mass.

Using measurements for 2002 to 2009 from a twin pair of satellites, researchers at the University of Texas at Austin in Austin, Texas, say east Antarctica is losing mass at about 58 gigatonnes a year. Most of the loss appears to be from coastal regions and to stem from increased ice loss post 2006.

Previous studies have generally used satellites to measure elevation or movement of ice. The new study - published in Nature Geoscience - instead looks at the Earth’s gravity field and uses that to work out how much ice is there. It also suggests that 132 Gt of the total annual ice loss of 190 Gt per year is coming from the west.

Although there are uncertainties in the data, the new estimates of ice loss are on average consistent with previous calculations, “but, in contrast to previous estimates, they indicate that as a whole, Antarctica may soon be contributing significantly more to global sea-level rise”, the researchers write in their paper.

You are one stupid, gullible liberal. I'll give you that. You are also a bald-faced liar. I would be embarrassed to post here if I were you.

Report: Antarctic Ice Growing, Not Shrinking - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News - FOXNews.com

Oops - West Antarctic Ice Sheet not losing ice as fast as we thought
Starting about 20,000 years ago, the Antarctic Ice Sheet began slowly thinning and retreating. As the weight above it diminished, the bedrock below the ice began rising, or rebounding.

Especially since they don’t mention the fact that the ice sheets in Eastern
Antarctica – far bigger than the West Antarctic Peninsula – are growing
thicker, more than offsetting any contribution to sea-level rise by the area
in question.

C3: New Research Confirms Antarctic Ice Expanding & Thickening; Also, Arctic Ice Expands 680 km2 Above Normal

Why Third Year Arctic Ice Will Increase Next Year « Watts Up With That?

:rolleyes:

It is rare indeed for the whole UK to be covered with snow. Mostly, where I live, we don't get a lot of it... this year, I've had to dig my car out twice! Serves me right for being too lazy to put it in the garage.

You are one stupid, gullible liberal. I'll give you that. You are also a bald-faced liar. I would be embarrassed to post here if I were you.

Report: Antarctic Ice Growing, Not Shrinking - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News - FOXNews.com

Oops - West Antarctic Ice Sheet not losing ice as fast as we thought
Starting about 20,000 years ago, the Antarctic Ice Sheet began slowly thinning and retreating. As the weight above it diminished, the bedrock below the ice began rising, or rebounding.

Especially since they don’t mention the fact that the ice sheets in Eastern
Antarctica – far bigger than the West Antarctic Peninsula – are growing
thicker, more than offsetting any contribution to sea-level rise by the area
in question.

C3: New Research Confirms Antarctic Ice Expanding & Thickening; Also, Arctic Ice Expands 680 km2 Above Normal

Why Third Year Arctic Ice Will Increase Next Year « Watts Up With That?

:rolleyes:

Since Antarctica was raised on another thread as well: My question.

Forum List

Back