"Check the record!"...says Obama...

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
Stockbridge
...ands then when you check the record, you find out that Obama LIED!!

Obozo sat there last night and argued with Mitt Romney about something Mitt Romney said about the automakers, bankruptcy and federal loan guarantees. Obozo said that people would look it up.

If they do bother to look it up, they will see that Romney told the truth, Obama lied.

But the Obama worshipers won't bother to look it up. They'll just vote for him despite the lies!

True. But in 2 weeks, well, maybe the kool-aid will be watered down, and they will snap back into reality.

Sadly thats the nature of these debates. Performances based on lies and soon to be broken promises...

And this surprises you? :)

Nothing surprises me anymore. You're right, he'll say whatever the hell he wants KNOWING his people won't check anything. Hopefully there's enough smart people out there that will verify what he says, because so much of it is lies and stretching the truth to fit his agenda.

But they will when it's the opponent. Then again, I guess repub's are the same way.

Cue the libtard masses to come into the thread and claim Obama didn't really lie.

BTW, Obama lied about Romney's education initiative in MA...

Third Presidential Debate Fact Check: Obama Lied About Romney's Education Initiative | Opinion - Conservative

From the transcript:

And the principles that we put in place, we also gave kids not just a
graduation exam that determined whether they were up to the skills
needed to – to be able compete, but also if they graduated the quarter
of their class, they got a four-year tuition- free ride at any
Massachusetts public institution of higher learning.

OBAMA: That happened before you came into office.

SCHIEFFER: Governor…

ROMNEY: That was actually mine, actually, Mr. President. You got that fact wrong.

Fact: In 2004, Romney and the legislature established and funded a program to
reward the top 25 percent of Massachusetts high school students with a
four-year, tuition-free scholarship to the state’s public universities or colleges.

People may not look it up themselves, but they will pay attention to those who do.

obama lied his way entirely through this debate. It just won't be enough to stop a Romney win.

Obozo sat there last night and argued with Mitt Romney about something Mitt Romney said about the automakers, bankruptcy and federal loan guarantees. Obozo said that people would look it up.

If they do bother to look it up, they will see that Romney told the truth, Obama lied.

But the Obama worshipers won't bother to look it up. They'll just vote for him despite the lies!

Maybe you might want to provide a link to your assertions? Did you bother to look it up?

Maybe you might want to provide a link to your assertions? Did you bother to look it up?

It's been posted in several threads, but here...
Fact Check: Obama makes questionable claim on Romney's auto bailout stance - Fox News
In one of the most contentious exchanges of their final debate, President Obama and Mitt Romney clashed over the federal auto bailout of 2008, with the former accusing the latter of not supporting any forms of government assistance to auto companies.

"You were very clear that you would not provide government assistance to the U.S. auto companies, even if they went through bankruptcy," Obama said, going on the offensive. "You said that they could get it in the private marketplace. That wasn't true."

But Romney rejected the claim -- and he's got the op-ed he wrote to back him up.

"Under no circumstances would I do anything other than to help this industry get on its feet," Romney said, "And the idea that has been suggested that I would liquidate the industry, of course not."

In a 2008 op-ed entitled "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt," Romney did in fact call on the government to play a role in responding to the auto crisis but in the form of federal guarantees, not loans.

"The federal government should provide guarantees for post-bankruptcy financing and assure car buyers that their warranties are not at risk," Romney wrote in The New York Times editorial.

SNAP.

Transcript of third debate

ROMNEY: I just want to take one of those points, again, attacking me as not talking about an agenda for - for getting more trade and opening up more jobs in this country. But the president mentioned the auto industry and that somehow I would be in favor of jobs being elsewhere. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I'm a son of Detroit. I was born in Detroit. My dad was head of a car company. I like American cars. And I would do nothing to hurt the U.S. auto industry. My plan to get the industry on its feet when it was in real trouble was not to start writing checks. It was President Bush that wrote the first checks. I disagree with that. I said they need - these companies need to go through a managed bankruptcy. And in that process, they can get government help and government guarantees, but they need to go through bankruptcy to get rid of excess cost and the debt burden that they'd - they'd built up.
And fortunately...

(CROSSTALK)

OBAMA: Governor Romney, that's not what you said...

(CROSSTALK)

OBAMA: Governor Romney, you did not...

ROMNEY: You can take a look at the op-ed...

(CROSSTALK)

OBAMA: You did not say that you would provide government help.

ROMNEY: I said that we would provide guarantees, and - and that was what was able to allow these companies to go through bankruptcy, to come out of bankruptcy. Under no circumstances would I do anything other than to help this industry get on its feet. And the idea that has been suggested that I would liquidate the industry, of course not. Of course not.

(CROSSTALK)

OBAMA: Let's check the record.

(CROSSTALK)

ROMNEY: That's the height of silliness...

(CROSSTALK)

OBAMA: Let - let - let's...

(CROSSTALK)

ROMNEY: I have never said I would liquidate...

(CROSSTALK)

OBAM: ...at the record.

The op-ed in question, via The New York Times, it is headlined "Let Detroit go Bankrupt" and here is what Romney recommended:

But don’t ask Washington to give shareholders and bondholders a free pass — they bet on management and they lost.

The American auto industry is vital to our national interest as an employer and as a hub for manufacturing. A managed bankruptcy may be the only path to the fundamental restructuring the industry needs. It would permit the companies to shed excess labor, pension and real estate costs. The federal government should provide guarantees for post-bankruptcy financing and assure car buyers that their warranties are not at risk.

In a managed bankruptcy, the federal government would propel newly competitive and viable automakers, rather than seal their fate with a bailout check.

Romney was right and Obama lied.

From the transcript again:

And the principles that we put in place, we also gave kids not just a graduation exam that determined whether they were up to the skills needed to - to be able compete, but also if they graduated the quarter of their class, they got a four-year tuition- free ride at any Massachusetts public institution of higher learning.

OBAMA: That happened before you came into office.

SCHIEFFER: Governor...

ROMNEY: That was actually mine, actually, Mr. President. You got that fact wrong.

Obama lied yet again.

The truth: In 2004, Romney and the legislature established and funded a program to reward the top 25 percent of Massachusetts high school students with a four-year, tuition-free scholarship to the state's public universities or colleges.

Mitt Romney - Education

Last edited:
That does not look like a plan to save the auto industry to me, Romney knows there was not enough private money around at the time to bail them out.

Romney has continually said they should go through a structured bankruptcy.
They did file bankruptcy even after Obama paid them 60 billion in tax payer money.
Romney was right and it would have saved the tax payers billions of our money.
This was way back in Nov. 2008
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFuGTT74rU0]Romney To Big 3: Fold - YouTube[/ame]

President Obama has lied about this continually throughout the whole campaign.

Last edited:

The record is..Romney said Auto makers should go bankrupt..consolidate and break labor. Once that was all over..then the government comes in to "manage" the "restructuring".

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/19/opinion/19romney.html?_r=0

Lehman went that route.

It's now owned by Barclay's..an English company.

People may not look it up themselves, but they will pay attention to those who do.

obama lied his way entirely through this debate. It just won't be enough to stop a Romney win.

Obama lies about everything every day. I have no idea why anyone would vote for him.
Worst President in our history. Worse than Carter.

Yep and he still lies about AZ immigration law.
He lied about Lybia.
He lied about the GM bankruptcy
He lied about the oil permits
He lied about Romney's budget plan.
He was lying ever since he was a kid. One class mate came forward and she said he was telling everyone in his 5th grade class that he was from Indonesian Royalty and that he was a Prince.
jump to around 20:50
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71oydNpqGvA]PBS: FRONTLINE's "The Choice 2012" Romney VS Obama 10/9/12 - YouTube[/ame]

President Obama is the liar not Romney.

What are the best (meaning most objective) fact-checking sites? All I can find are "fact checking" articles written by people with political interests.

What are the best (meaning most objective) fact-checking sites? All I can find are "fact checking" articles written by people with political interests.

I use multiple sources when possible.

Use the actual debate transcript and then take each claim line by line and compare it to what was said at the debate and what was said at the time.

I wish there was a way to fact check unbiased sources in real time. The facts themselves are not biased of course. Unfortunately the presentation or subtle manipulation of the facts certainly has been the case in some debates.

We called this all along... with a horrible record as president, we know Obama would have to resort to misrepresentations and attacking the opponent personally.. and hoping that his automatons would buy it hook, line, and sinker (as well as a few people who just don't look things up)...

Obama is a liar... Obama is a failure.. He was elected, he tried whatever he tried for whatever reason.. it is time for him to retire out to pasture and live the life of a paid public speaker

Forum List

Back