Check out this Wal-Mart Scam

Working Man

Aug 22, 2004
Business will do what it can to profit - that is the nature of free enterprise - business is not out to "take care of you" - why should they? If we want to stop China from stealing our jobs, Congress needs to set tariffs. It's not Wal-Mart's frikkin' fault.

The link between health care and employment has got to be broken imo. Let companies focus on their businesses instead of becoming health providers. Let the health insurance industry start to sell competitive health packages to everybody at large just like the business it is, instead of funneling it through other businesses.

People should start buying their health care insurance same way they buy auto insurance. This way they would always be covered no matter what job they have, just as long as they pay their premiums. Also, there should be a law that makes all insurance companies state their policies in plain English.

ScreamingEagle said:

Also, there should be a law that makes all insurance companies state their policies in plain English.

While some may argue that objective enforcement of that provision might be a problem, I think I have the answer:

Run the son of a bitch by ME. If I can understand it, ANYBODY can.

It doesn't even have to be all about me. We could elect someone new to the office of "Simpleton" every four years or something.

ScreamingEagle said:
Business will do what it can to profit - that is the nature of free enterprise - business is not out to "take care of you" - why should they? If we want to stop China from stealing our jobs, Congress needs to set tariffs. It's not Wal-Mart's frikkin' fault.

The link between health care and employment has got to be broken imo. Let companies focus on their businesses instead of becoming health providers. Let the health insurance industry start to sell competitive health packages to everybody at large just like the business it is, instead of funneling it through other businesses.

People should start buying their health care insurance same way they buy auto insurance. This way they would always be covered no matter what job they have, just as long as they pay their premiums. Also, there should be a law that makes all insurance companies state their policies in plain English.

No kidding. My job requires me to read lots of documents, more importantly, to read what is betweent he lines, what is really being said. I tried to insurance, it took no less than four phone calls, and an office visit before this later could even make sense to me. Not only her, but the policies are very vague with so many disclaimers that what was actually covered filled up maybe 3/5 of the material. I was so dizzy, I left.

As to the rest of your idea, not bad, I had not thought of it before. I wonder though if it would work like auto insurance as most people do not get in accidents every year or month, whereas, most of go to the doctor at least once a year. Not me, but I have co workers who do, some much more than others. So I wonder what the rates would be for that person? Too many accidents, rates go up? Too many visits....

Good thought though...

ScreamingEagle said:

I think you have a fresh idea here, it would put the responsibility back on the individual for their needs.

Forum List

Back