Check or Checkmate?

Technology is no threat to American workers.

Free trade (which is neither fre nor fair) certainly is.

Most of the technology you people think changed the work place is now in China since it makes more sense (thanks to our trade policies) to make stuff there and sell it here.

Free trade is the greatest thing we still have yet. It's what makes eating affordable. I wouldn't want to pay 10x more for American corn just because it grew in some place in bumfuck Kentucky, go ahead, but I sure as hell won't.

Tools will do what they're told and like it!

You are looking at the symptom, not the cause.
]

You are grasping at straws.

The cause is simply when government spends too much money, it drives companies to places where capital is, and that's certainly not here. We've spent it all on wars and entitlements.

Well...that's ANOTHER reasonable complaint, actually.

You see, Mash, imagine the possiblity that there's more than one misteken policy happening.

You can do that, can't you?

The government spends too much money? No shit sherlock.

Now go look at the trade imbalance, and while you're at take a tour of America's former industrial base.

Then get back to me, okay?

From OP:
I would ask, as I did pre-election, where, exactly, did Obama believe the $$ would come from to support/advance his "goals"? Did he believe that by voting for the "stimulus", and later authorizing an additional payout, that this would take care of itself, making the question irrelevant? Did he believe that the "unnecessary war" would finance his dreams once he showed us that there were other fish to fry? Finally, what happened to Pay(as you)Go?

As the WAPost reports today on the State's continued budgetary problems, despite the stimulus payouts -- layoffs and furloughs (which may still end in layoffs), it isn't looking as if the job savings/creation is working out well for them.

Technology is no threat to American workers.

Free trade (which is neither fre nor fair) certainly is.

Most of the technology you people think changed the work place is now in China since it makes more sense (thanks to our trade policies) to make stuff there and sell it here.

Tools will do what they're told and like it!

]

You are grasping at straws.

The cause is simply when government spends too much money, it drives companies to places where capital is, and that's certainly not here. We've spent it all on wars and entitlements.

Well...that's ANOTHER reasonable complaint, actually.

You see, Mash, imagine the possiblity that there's more than one misteken policy happening.

You can do that, can't you?

The government spends too much money? No shit sherlock.

Now go look at the trade imbalance, and while you're at take a tour of America's former industrial base.

Then get back to me, okay?

You are again, drawing a false conclusion.

Fact: Free trade makes it cheaper to buy goods, as there's more competition.
Fact: Government spending more and more makes it harder for industry to start and continue. Industry requires a lot of capital, and when that's being squandered away by government to establish 'green jobs', 'manufacturing jobs' will NOT be created. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either government created jobs or manufacturing jobs, you pick.
Fact: Free trade does not alter, at all, jobs created. It, in fact, promotes job creation. Imagine country A (e.g. Iran) with trade boundaries imposed (involuntarily, for Iran). Now, it's definite, that its citizens will pay more for basic necessities (wheat, sugar, etc) because Iran is not very agricultural friendly (90% of its land isn't used for farming), and so as supply goes down, price goes up. Imagine the companies that could have existed had its people been able to spend less on basic necessities and more on whatever they'd like, like electronics. Why do you hate electronic manufacturers so much?

Forum List

Back