Cheating Scandal at Harvard

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Reports of a large number of students possibly caught up in a cheating scandal over a take-home final exam have recently surfaced.

The real question is why they would bother given all the grade inflation that goes on anyway.

Reports of a large number of students possibly caught up in a cheating scandal over a take-home final exam have recently surfaced.

The real question is why they would bother given all the grade inflation that goes on anyway.

Is that from your experiences when you went there?

It's from my experiences tutoring students there for years.

Just so you don't forget, Teddy Kennedy was found guilty of cheating twice at Harvard and finally expelled for having someone take a Spanish test for him.

It's from my experiences tutoring students there for years.

Evidently you've tutored them well....

This story seems to have been brushed under the rug after initial reports.

and you know this because??

I've worked with many students there. It's not like it's a secret anyway.

confidentiality concerns are often used to close down unpleasant investigations.

most cheating allegations never see the light of day. just look at the students who cheated on the AP calculus course in that Almos movie. if they hadnt been hispanic they wouldnt have been able to retake the test (almost unheard of) and cheating would have been inscribed on their transcripts, instead a movie was made to falsly accuse testing officials of racism

The last I heard was that the co-captains of the basketball team would miss the season for their role in whatever happened, but that's it.

Surely you jest... College students cheating on a test????? Why I bet in the course of US history, this has never happened before.

Forum List

Back