Cheating on a loved one?

Partners should be faithful if.........

• They are sleeping with one another

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • They are dating

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • They are in love

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • They have asked are you seeing me only?

• They are married

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • It's okay to see another person if they ain't getting it at home

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My husband turned into a jerk I'm entitled to cheat

• My wife turned into a bitch I'm entitled to cheat

• It should not matter

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It's none of your business

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's probably quite true for women who sleep with someone other than their mates.
You don't think it is the same for men? Why?

Men and women are hard wired differently. Like it or not, men are built to spread their seed.
I have a nephew that started spreading his at a young age. God only knows how many actually have taken spout over the years. I'm pretty sure his is more of an emotional need though than a physical need. Plus the fact his mom is a prostitute did not help him in understanding or learning what is an every day monogamist relationship.

I have a cousin that actually had slept with every guy her around her age in two counties back in her younger days. Poor thing could have two or three different dates in a day and sleep with them all. Surely she was not just spreading seed.

I'm not sure I agree with you on that theory of just nature spreading "their seed". Maybe my sweetheart is different though. He has five sisters. I am sure that has a lot to do with how he treats women or me in general.

Here's the number one reason good people cheat, folks

LUST doesn't last, but LOVE does, often growing stronger despite that loss of libido.

So people can truly love another and want to stay with that person for whom they no longer lust.

Biology knows nothing about morality. Hence we often find our heads at war with our hearts.

Come on now, I'd not telling any of us who are adults anything we don't already know, am I?

The PA Deutch have a phrase which comes to mind:

Kissing wears out...cookin' don't.
Isn't it possible to lust after more than one woman ?

I cannot speak for women, but if you're a man of certain age, I'd say its virtually impossible NOT to lust after women regardless of the state of your heart, your marital status and so forth.

Isn't it possible to continue to continue to feel lust towards a mate ?

Yeah, I suppose so.

I have to tell you I think it's kinda rare for two people who lust after each other for a very long time, though.

I say this most based on the divorce rates and the surveys which inform us about infidelity.

Do these data indicate that we are really prone to lifelong fidelity, or do they tell us something different?

I am drop dead certain that we all have friends who we know and like and respect who have committed infidelities. Do we think they EVIL people or merely morally weak?

None of this excuses infidelity, it merely informs us that perhaps our expectations about fidelity and a lifelong lust for a single person are somewhat unrealistic.

When I first fall in love I don't SEE other women's charms. Other women might as well be frogs as women during that heady days when you overwhelmed by new love

But seriously, now...how long does that drunk on love last?

I doubt that lasts very long for men OR women, to be honest.

This is based on my own reseach into that subject and I have to tell you I was a pretty serious researcher in my day.

I mean who would NOT want to be blinded by love forever if they could be achieve that heady state?

I just don't think it's really possible for most people.

Love, not lust, can last a lifetime.

Of that I have absolutely no doubt.

editec said:
Love, not lust, can last a lifetime.
I do think they can both last forever. In fact I'm sure of it. I can also say without the love the lust would most probable not be there for one another once the relationship hits a certain stage. Then Rod and I could be that rare exception. I don't think so but it could be. We have had our humps and bumps along the way. We worked through it. No matter what it was.

My parents are still in love and they still have lust for one another. That is fifty years and still counting. Even though Papa has some issues since surgery more than twenty years ago. They still have it. they found ways to overcome whatever the obstacles. When one was not pulling their own weight in the relationship the other one pulled it for them. They find ways to either live with those petty spats that may have with one another and move forward in their relationship together. Every obstacle they have overcome together has made their relationship stronger.

Relationships are work. IMHO, people are not always informed of that working at it portion to keep a life long lasting relationship. They seem to think you can ignore a partner or abuse a partner in one form or another and it will all just stay good. There is all kinds of reasons and excuses we as humans manage to give ourselves. In certain instances we have been justifying ourselves for so long we start to believe that it is true.

The ability to forgive is the biggest key in any loving relationship to making it last. It takes both it can't be just one or the other. Trust is another big factor but even a broken trust can be repaired if it is love.

If I had followed the precepts of the flesh almost thirty years ago Rod and I would not still be together today. Heck we would not have made it past the first month.

This begs the question,
Should the woman I love, the woman that loves me, be faithful to me, and not have sex with her husband?

While she's with you?

I say no, she shouldn't. She should wait until she gets home, then have sex with him.

This begs the question,
Should the woman I love, the woman that loves me, be faithful to me, and not have sex with her husband?

While she's with you?

I say no, she shouldn't. She should wait until she gets home, then have sex with him.

So, you think she should cheat on me?

Well, she's already cheating on her husband, so why not?

No, I don't know, I've never been in that situation.

Maybe somebody that has can give you some advice! I'm just being a smart ass! Sorry!

While she's with you?

So, you think she should cheat on me?

Well, she's already cheating on her husband, so why not?

No, I don't know, I've never been in that situation.

Maybe somebody that has can give you some advice! I'm just being a smart ass! Sorry!

Define cheating on her husband.
Because,
We've never had sex together.
We've never kissed each other.
We've never even slept in the same bed together.

Our love is with our minds.

If it is understood that you are in a "committed" relationship, then you don't do it.

If you are married, you definitely don't do it.

Cheating on a loved one... unacceptable under any circumstances.

I know it happens and sometimes it happens to good people, but that doesn't make it right.

Immie

If it is understood that you are in a "committed" relationship, then you don't do it.

If you are married, you definitely don't do it.

Funny thing is that when I made my comment, I had defined "partner" as spouse. It never even occurred to me to define it any other way.

Immie

IMHO. I think if you have committed yourself to someone and it is not working one should completely end that affair before trying another one. If not things can get messy and people get hurt.

IMHO. I think if you have committed yourself to someone and it is not working one should completely end that affair before trying another one. If not things can get messy and people get hurt.

No kidding! Check out this thread! :)

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/75870-secretary-accidentally-bites-off-boss-penis.html

Immie

LOL!

How apropos for this thread! :lol:

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
It would be for a sexist thread to. Or even a blind justice thread.

LOL!

How apropos for this thread! :lol:

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
It would be for a sexist thread to. Or even a blind justice thread.

I'm not so sure that justice was so blind in that other thread. The boss got what he deserved.

Immie
Agreed he did. I doubt a lot of guys would agree with you on that though. That story brings back memories. I'm still laughing thinking about some things I've watched transpire through the years.

Forum List

Back