Cheaper to sign up for Obamacare, or pay the penalty?

Sort of off topic, but here's a story from Miss. The gop flat out refuses to expand medicaid, despite hospitals, insurance companies and providers supporting expansion. The dems are trying an end run.

I don't like the general obamacare premise, but doing nothing is not an option. I know the guy whose name is on this bill, and he's a good guy .... for a plaintiff's lawyer (joke) It's more to my philosophical liking

Cottonmouth: Democratic compromise plan on Medicaid expansion doesn't expand Medicaid
I can understand the GOP working to repeal the ACA but what makes no sense is denying health coverage to people that really needed it, even though it will not cost the state anything until 2017. Even then the cost will be phased in. In the same vein, right wing elements, not the GOP are activity encouraging people to forgo carrying health insurance and pay the penalty. This is not only illegal but it's irresponsible. I could understand if there were any real hope of repealing the ACA, but they all know that will not happen.

Forum List

Back