Cheap Labor? Think Again...

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
Isn't that what the whole ILLEGAL ALIEN issue is about?

Businesses don't want to pay a decent wage, consumers don't want expensive produce, Govenment will tell you Americans don't want the jobs, but the bottom line is cheap labor.

"The phrase "cheap labor" is a myth, a farce, and a lie.

There is no such thing as "cheap labor."

Take, for example, an illegal mexican who sneaks in here with his wife and five children. He takes a job for five or six dollars an hour.

At that wage with six dependents he pays no income tax, yet at the end of the year if he files income tax he gets an "earned income credit" of up to $3,200 free.

He qualifies for Section 8 housing and subsidized rent.

He qualifies for food stamps.

He qualifies for free (no deductible, no co-pay) health care.

His children get free breakfasts and lunches at school.

He requires bilingual teachers and books.

He qualifies for relief from high energy bills.

If they are or become, aged, blind or disabled they qualify for SSI.

Once qualified for SSI they can qualify for medicare.

All of this is at the taxpayers expense.

He doesn't have to worry about car insurance, life insurance, or homeowners insurance.

Taxpayers provide Spanish language signs, bulletins and printed material.

He cannot be fired, harassed, or sued.

He and his family receive the equivalent of $20 to $30 an hour in benefits.

Working Americans are lucky to have $5 or $6 an hour left after paying their bills and his.

They also pay for increased crime, graffiti, and trash cleanup.

Cheap labor? YEAH RIGHT!"

• Thanks
Reactions: Nuc
If we deported all illegals tomorrow and the cost of the lowest tier of unskilled labor doubled, a small portion of goods and services would cost about 7% more. Big...frickin'...deal, especially when you consider how much you'll save in insurance premiums since the company won't have to pay for accidents involving people with no insurance.

Hobbit said:
If we deported all illegals tomorrow and the cost of the lowest tier of unskilled labor doubled, a small portion of goods and services would cost about 7% more. Big...frickin'...deal, especially when you consider how much you'll save in insurance premiums since the company won't have to pay for accidents involving people with no insurance.

This is exactly the point. I've maintained all along, that whatever the illegals contribute, what it COSTS us to have them here FAR out weighs it.

The 'Minutemen' are starting to win this battle....! :tng:

Hobbit said:
Big...frickin'...deal, especially when you consider how much you'll save in insurance premiums since the company won't have to pay for accidents involving people with no insurance.

Not to mention outright insurance scams, which they love, and LAWSUITS, which they file by the dozen per Mexican. How much of a financial burden is a single bogus lawsuit? A BIG one, because we all pay for it through higher taxes and insurance.

Pale Rider said:
Isn't that what the whole ILLEGAL ALIEAN issue is about?

Business don't want to pay a decent wage, consumers don't want expensive produce, Govenment will tell you Americans don't want the jobs, but the bottom line is cheap labor.

"The phrase "cheap labor" is a myth, a farce, and a lie.

There is no such thing as "cheap labor."

Take, for example, an illegal mexican who sneaks in here with his wife and five children. He takes a job for five or six dollars an hour.

At that wage with six dependents he pays no income tax, yet at the end of the year if he files income tax he gets an "earned income credit" of up to $3,200 free.

He qualifies for Section 8 housing and subsidized rent.

He qualifies for food stamps.

He qualifies for free (no deductible, no co-pay) health care.

His children get free breakfasts and lunches at school.

He requires bilingual teachers and books.

He qualifies for relief from high energy bills.

If they are or become, aged, blind or disabled they qualify for SSI.

Once qualified for SSI they can qualify for medicare.

All of this is at the taxpayers expense.

He doesn't have to worry about car insurance, life insurance, or homeowners insurance.

Taxpayers provide Spanish language signs, bulletins and printed material.

He cannot be fired, harassed, or sued.

He and his family receive the equivalent of $20 to $30 an hour in benefits.

Working Americans are lucky to have $5 or $6 an hour left after paying their bills and his.

They also pay for increased crime, graffiti, and trash cleanup.

Cheap labor? YEAH RIGHT!"

Cheap for the businesses and corporations that hire them...Not necessarily for the rest of us.

Bullypulpit said:
Cheap for the businesses and corporations that hire them...Not necessarily for the rest of us.

That IS the point, and the MAIN reason they're here. The fact of the matter is though, it COSTS us MUCH more to have all those illegals here, than whatever they may contribute to low costs of cabbage. They need to be physically removed.

I've heard a lot of, "fine the businesses that hire them, and dry up the jobs and they'll go home". Well, what guarantee is there of that? What are they going to go home to?!

Bullypulpit said:

Right, another form of corporate welfare, which is why the GOP doesn't do anything about it.

The "guest worker" idea is also idiotic and unpatriotic. That's the kind of situation they have in Saudi Arabia and other Middle Eastern theocracies. They have huge portions of the population (Pakistanis, Indians, etc.) doing "work no Saudi will do" with no rights, no vote, no representation. Do we want to align ourselves with this mentality? Seems kind of un-American.

Nuc said:
Right, another form of corporate welfare, which is why the GOP doesn't do anything about it.

The "guest worker" idea is also idiotic and unpatriotic. That's the kind of situation they have in Saudi Arabia and other Middle Eastern theocracies. They have huge portions of the population (Pakistanis, Indians, etc.) doing "work no Saudi will do" with no rights, no vote, no representation. Do we want to align ourselves with this mentality? Seems kind of un-American.

Which is why the GOP... give me a break. I see the liberals doing even less!

Oh wait! The liberals want to give them AMNESTY, in hopes that they'll gain another voting block they can keep bamboozelled into thinking they're trying to HELP them.

I think the guest worker program is a good idea, IF they were all documented, paid taxes, and went home at the end of a specified time. But I can't see that working either. They have it too good now. Why would they want to do something like "pay taxes". That would cut into the money they send back to mexico.

Pale Rider said:
Which is why the GOP... give me a break. I see the liberals doing even less!

Oh wait! The liberals want to give them AMNESTY, in hopes that they'll gain another voting block they can keep bamboozelled into thinking they're trying to HELP them.

I think the guest worker program is a good idea, IF they were all documented, paid taxes, and went home at the end of a specified time. But I can't see that working either. They have it too good now. Why would they want to do something like "pay taxes". That would cut into the money they send back to mexico.

I said that's why the GOP doesn't do anything about it, of course there are reasons the Dems are not doing anything about it either. Nobody's doing anything, what's new.

You're right guest worker program won't work. I don't approve of it because I don't think there should be huge amounts of SANCTIONED non citizens living here. It didn't work in Germany and it will backfire here as well. Also because the government doesn't seem to do anything right nowadays.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Nuc said:

You're right about this, but at least these countries (Japan is another) have the stones to keep the categories. If we can't do that, we shouldn't let them in in the first place.

Nuc said:
I said that's why the GOP doesn't do anything about it, of course there are reasons the Dems are not doing anything about it either. Nobody's doing anything, what's new.

Exactly.

Nuc said:
You're right guest worker program won't work. I don't approve of it because I don't think there should be huge amounts of SANCTIONED non citizens living here. It didn't work in Germany and it will backfire here as well. Also because the government doesn't seem to do anything right nowadays.

This is probably the greatest act of deffiance on the part of our government, in HISTORY, against complete and utter solidarity objection by the American people. It's inexcusable, and treasonous.

I'd like to FIRE every sons a bitchin' politician in Wahsington and start over. I'll tell ya... the elections in November should be very interesting.

Forum List

Back