Chavez interested in nuclear help from Russia

plt42

A Constitutionalist
Sep 3, 2008
Gulf Coast of Texas
...even as we speak. Russia's nuclear warship, rumored to be the world's largest, is headed to Venezuela. Russia's Medvedev is climbing in bed with Chavez to the tune of a billion dollar loan for weapons purchases and will probably finance a refinery for Venezuela.

I was learning to speak Chinese but maybe I should switch to Russian and Castellano.

...even as we speak. Russia's nuclear warship, rumored to be the world's largest, is headed to Venezuela. Russia's Medvedev is climbing in bed with Chavez to the tune of a billion dollar loan for weapons purchases and will probably finance a refinery for Venezuela.

I was learning to speak Chinese but maybe I should switch to Russian and Castellano.

I would love a link to this.

Thanks!

Oh Boy! I can't wait for the Venezuelan Missile Crisis!

CNN) -- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez on Sunday said he was interested in working with Russia to develop a civilian nuclear power program.

His statement at a televised political rally in Caracas, Venezuela, followed a trip to Russia, where he met with Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin and President Dmitry Medvedev.

"We certainly are interested in developing nuclear energy, for peaceful ends of course -- for medical purposes and to generate electricity," Chavez said, noting that Brazil and Argentina have such programs.

He said Russia offered to help Venezuela develop a nuclear program, though CNN could not immediately verify his claim.

Still, on Friday, Putin said he and Chavez discussed "new opportunities" for cooperation between the two nations.

Russia also gave Chavez a $1 billion credit line for weapons to develop military ties between Russia and Venezuela, the Interfax news agency reported.

Topics of Chavez's discussion with Medvedev included joint Venezuela-Russia naval exercises scheduled to take place in November. Earlier in the week, Russia dispatched a naval fleet of warships to the Caribbean, led by the Peter the Great nuclear cruiser.

Chavez interested in nuclear help from Russia - CNN.com

It's rather funny watching Chavez and the Soviets giving it their all to try and upset the US.

If Venezuela wants to develop nuclear power for energy production, so be it.

It's rather funny watching Chavez and the Soviets giving it their all to try and upset the US.

If Venezuela wants to develop nuclear power for energy production, so be it.
this is just too funny for words
but i agree with you

HA! I tellya.. look at the face-saving in THIS thread... If russia helps Iran get nuclear power all of a sudden it's for nukes.. If the same nation helps Venezuela.. well.. THATS just for POWER! never mind that missile shield and open hatred on the US!

:lol:

I find it interesting that while we're attempting to save a Russian ship carrying Russian tanks from Somalian pirates...

at the same time Russia is attacking Georgia and sending a fleet to participate in sea maneuvers with Hugo Chavez's flotilla.

Of course, most of their ships are outdated and behind the times, but still, there they are making the statement.

I'm going to assume we're trying to get the tanks back just because we don't want the Somalians to have them. Not because we give a shit about Russia. Morons. That armada dancing with Venzuela should be protecting their tanks.

I find it interesting that while we're attempting to save a Russian ship carrying Russian tanks from Somalian pirates...

at the same time Russia is attacking Georgia and sending a fleet to participate in sea maneuvers with Hugo Chavez's flotilla.

Of course, most of their ships are outdated and behind the times, but still, there they are making the statement.

I'm going to assume we're trying to get the tanks back just because we don't want the Somalians to have them. Not because we give a shit about Russia. Morons. That armada dancing with Venzuela should be protecting their tanks.
the ship is Ukrainian, not Russian

Forum List

Back