Chavez insists he's 'healthy' after 4 rounds of chemo

Neotrotsky

Council to Supreme Soviet
Dec 12, 2009
People's Republic
Chavez insists he's 'healthy' after 4 rounds of chemo

President Hugo Chavez sought Sunday to assure Venezuelans he was healthy, telling them that cancer-fighting chemotherapy treatment has not left him with any debilitating side effects.

Chavez returned home to Venezuela just before midnight Thursday following what he described as a fourth and hopefully final round of chemotherapy in Cuba.

"My body feels healthy, and I thank God and all of you as well as medical science, and what's even more important is that my soul feels revived, like it's been healed," Chavez said at a ceremony presided over by the country's youth minister and aired by state broadcaster VTV.

"I am in treatment, (with) drugs, but all vital signs are good, things are progressing well. Fortunately, the chemotherapy did not affect any organs and had no side effects," he said.

neotrotsky-albums-just-because-picture3989-chevez.jpg

Well, his life is in God's hands as far as I'm concerned. But I hope regardless of whether he lives or dies that his people will not have to suffer under his authorative rule for long.

Who does he think he's kidding? The cuban peasants? Did you notice his unusually bloated face? It's caused by a buildup of fluid due to kidney failure. I bet he had an oxygen tank out of sight nearby.

Forum List

Back