Charlie Wilson's war

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
How could a do-nothing playboy philandering substance abusing congressman get away with organizing his own freaking war? Only if he is a democrat. The democrats tried to impeach Reagan for trying to stop Communist infiltration into Central America on charges of violating something called the "Boland Amendment" which was an obscure little time bomb inserted into a Military appropriations bill. Wilson probably violated about a dozen laws when he became a virtual gun runner. No matter how it turned out and arguments go both ways, Hollywood turned Wilson into a sort of James Bond dashing rogue in 2007. It's typical of the kind of games that Hollywood and the media play when they become the propaganda outlet for the democrat party.

How could a do-nothing playboy philandering substance abusing congressman get away with organizing his own freaking war? Only if he is a democrat. The democrats tried to impeach Reagan for trying to stop Communist infiltration into Central America on charges of violating something called the "Boland Amendment" which was an obscure little time bomb inserted into a Military appropriations bill. Wilson probably violated about a dozen laws when he became a virtual gun runner. No matter how it turned out and arguments go both ways, Hollywood turned Wilson into a sort of James Bond dashing rogue in 2007. It's typical of the kind of games that Hollywood and the media play when they become the propaganda outlet for the democrat party.
I've read the book.

I freakin' love the movie.

The scene with Charlie, Gust and the bottle of scotch is one of my favorites.
I haven't seen the movie. I still have the book. I have the habit of NOT burning books.

Was a good movie with good actors, how, he got in with the Jews and he was a Texan.

The movie was top notch. Tom Hanks could play Ted Bundy and convince us that he was just a misunderstood law student. Philip Seymour Hoffman who played Gus the CIA operative was brilliant in every role that he played in until he was found dead of a heroin overdose. You make my point about Hollywood glamorizing complicated political issues and covering up misdeeds by democrat politicians.

Forum List

Back