Charlie Rangle; For How Long Will He Hang On?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Yeah, it's tough but...

How long can Democrats stand by Charlie Rangel? - John Bresnahan and Jonathan Allen - POLITICO.com

...How long can Dems stand by Rangel?
By: John Bresnahan and Jonathan Allen
October 8, 2009 01:54 PM EST

In his trademark gravelly New York brogue, Charlie Rangel has been known to say: “I’ll be with you ‘til I can’t be with you.”

Now, even some Democrats who have stuck with him through his messy financial problems are beginning to wonder if they can’t stick with him anymore.

The House ethics committee expanded a sprawling investigation into Rangel Thursday, digging into allegations stemming from an August restatement of his personal finances, in which he under reported hundreds of thousands of dollars in assets. The ethics committee action – which was unanimous — came a day after House Democrats turned back a Republican attempt to force Rangel from his Ways and Means chairmanship while the investigation, now in its second year, is completed.

“There’s growing concern at the piling up here of issues,” said one Democratic lawmaker who asked not to be identified talking about Rangel. “People are willing to give some time to the process, but not an infinite amount of time. There will come a time, if this goes unresolved, when the drip, drip, drip will become a torrent.”

Two Mississippi Democrats, Gene Taylor and Travis Childers, have already bailed on Rangel, voting against him on Wednesday.

Also on Wednesday night, Rep. Kendrick Meek, D-Fla., who is running for the Senate, chose not to sign a Black Caucus letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., in support of Rangel.

Meek told POLITICO that his vote to refer the Rangel matter to the ethics panel was enough of a statement of his position.

You mean he doesn't play the race card almost everytime he talks about his financial problems already?

As I previously mentioned: This would be a long time coming. He can take Pelosi, Reid, and a bunch of the other clowns in the circus with him.

Amen. May it be as you say. Reid appears to be gone anyway. Pelosi, representing the elite effetes of San Fancisco, we are probably stuck with even if we sent her to jail for fraud those idiots would still vote her back in.

Amen. May it be as you say. Reid appears to be gone anyway. Pelosi, representing the elite effetes of San Fancisco, we are probably stuck with even if we sent her to jail for fraud those idiots would still vote her back in.

Maybe not. Californians have a 50 BILLION dollar deficit--I believe Pelosi's poll numbers are way down in her district. She is very supportive of illegals in her district--California has one of the highest unemployment numbers.

I think Pelosi is probably gone--& Harry Ried is losing by double digits in Nevada right now.

In fact, I think with all of California's trouble--we may see a lot more republicans elected to the state legislature there, & I sure wouldn't want to have a D behind my name if I was a congressman/women or senator from the state of California in 2010.--:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, it's tough but...

How long can Democrats stand by Charlie Rangel? - John Bresnahan and Jonathan Allen - POLITICO.com

...How long can Dems stand by Rangel?
By: John Bresnahan and Jonathan Allen
October 8, 2009 01:54 PM EST

In his trademark gravelly New York brogue, Charlie Rangel has been known to say: “I’ll be with you ‘til I can’t be with you.”

Now, even some Democrats who have stuck with him through his messy financial problems are beginning to wonder if they can’t stick with him anymore.

The House ethics committee expanded a sprawling investigation into Rangel Thursday, digging into allegations stemming from an August restatement of his personal finances, in which he under reported hundreds of thousands of dollars in assets. The ethics committee action – which was unanimous — came a day after House Democrats turned back a Republican attempt to force Rangel from his Ways and Means chairmanship while the investigation, now in its second year, is completed.

“There’s growing concern at the piling up here of issues,” said one Democratic lawmaker who asked not to be identified talking about Rangel. “People are willing to give some time to the process, but not an infinite amount of time. There will come a time, if this goes unresolved, when the drip, drip, drip will become a torrent.”

Two Mississippi Democrats, Gene Taylor and Travis Childers, have already bailed on Rangel, voting against him on Wednesday.

Also on Wednesday night, Rep. Kendrick Meek, D-Fla., who is running for the Senate, chose not to sign a Black Caucus letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., in support of Rangel.

Meek told POLITICO that his vote to refer the Rangel matter to the ethics panel was enough of a statement of his position.

We know that the race card is going to be played somewhere in here. Rangle is great at it.

Remember when Jessie Jackson did it. The IRS was "planning" an investigation into his Rainbow coalition--& that's all Jackson had to say to get them to back off.

As long as queen nan is speaker he is safe.

He will never be punished in a partisan congress when his party is in power.

Just a drop in the bucket!! We won't rest until they are all brought to their knees!! No pun intended!!!

Forum List

Back