Charlie Crist: No Principles...Just The Need To Be Popular

Listening

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2011
Charlie Crist memoir The Party rsquo s Over The former Florida governor rsquo s book reveals a man with no ideology.

Crist enjoys being popular. He enjoys winning elections, too. When he won his first state Senate race he “danced all night [to] the Sister Sledge song ‘We are Family,’” even though he really doesn’t “like dancing at all.” He enjoys high poll numbers. He enjoys praise, the kind he got after siding with Democrats against an anti-abortion bill on the grounds that he believed in “individual rights.” He can remember exactly what an administrative assistant told him after that: “Great vote, boss.”

Yep, the democrats will accept people who have no real ideology as long as it wins them power.

I mean how else can Florida keep putting Debbie Wazzerbuns Shmutz back in office.

Crist will go with whoever will have him. He's a narcassist. A perfect democrat.

Sounds like Obama as well, although he is wildly popular with far left, he is not so much with the rest of the nation.

Although Clinton got lucky and became popular even at the predetermined time for the far left media to turn on him.

A politician who says and does whatever he needs to in order to be liked and be popular (and get votes)?

He's a total windsock. He'll flow whichever way the wind blows. I don't think he had any political conviction at all.

However, I still might vote for him. I'm undecided. There are a few too many Republican Yahoos in the legislature. And though both Scott and the Republican Senate has been mostly decent, I'm worried that with Scott not having to run again, Florida might turn into Kansas.

He's a total windsock. He'll flow whichever way the wind blows. I don't think he had any political conviction at all.

However, I still might vote for him. I'm undecided. There are a few too many Republican Yahoos in the legislature. And though both Scott and the Republican Senate has been mostly decent, I'm worried that with Scott not having to run again, Florida might turn into Kansas.

I'm voting for Scott as Crist was a Rep, then an Independent and now he's a Dem.

He blows with the wind. Whatever he thinks will get him elected.

Nope. He ain't my cupa tea at all.

Now, that's funny.

People in Kansas are worried about turning into Florida.

Now, that's funny.

Maybe they are.

But the Republicans are deeply unpopular in Kansas right now because they've slashed taxes and spending more than the public wanted, and have a large deficit.

Scott did the same thing, and became the governor with the lowest approval ratings in the history of polling in the state of Florida. And he didn't do anything other than what he promised to do. To his credit, he has reversed course, and restored funding to schools, et. al., and his polling numbers have improved.

I go back and forth. I've seen both fairly up close, and have a lot more respect for Scott than I do for Crist. But I also don't like what's going on in the House, and I am worried that without a strong buffer, they could do real damage to the state.

Now, that's funny.

Maybe they are.

But the Republicans are deeply unpopular in Kansas right now because they've slashed taxes and spending more than the public wanted, and have a large deficit.

Scott did the same thing, and became the governor with the lowest approval ratings in the history of polling in the state of Florida. And he didn't do anything other than what he promised to do. To his credit, he has reversed course, and restored funding to schools, et. al., and his polling numbers have improved.

I go back and forth. I've seen both fairly up close, and have a lot more respect for Scott than I do for Crist. But I also don't like what's going on in the House, and I am worried that without a strong buffer, they could do real damage to the state.

Brownback has a "Christian Entitlement" mentality. He never bothered to sell his ideas.

If he is unpopular, it is because he charged ahead without really understanding what the people wanted.

Crist is a smoke cloud. He'll be traveling whatever direction the wind takes him.

Hardly what I want in a governor.

Crist was a Rep. Then he was an Independent and now he's a Dem.

That should tell everyone everything they need to know about Crist.

He won't get my vote and Scott will.

B1qb2iKIAAAKhnc.png

Forum List

Back