Charleston SC Sheriff: I will not enforce new gun laws; TOLD YOU SO

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bucs90, Jan 17, 2013.

1. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Sheriff Cannon says he may choose not to enforce new gun laws - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

All you people in a mad panic over "dey gurrna take ma guns" need to relax. It aint happening. I said the military and police simply wont do it. The first to say no would be, and appears to be happening now, are the local city and county police. Once that happens, only martial law and a flat out civil war would, and thats not gonna happen, period. The military wouldnt do it. Our troops would simply not do that. You may have isolated incidents like Waco and Katrina that are clusterfucks. But a mass beatdown of the US citizens by our mlitary? Never.

So, there ya go. Yet another one. This time the Charleston County sherriff, the state's largest and most economically significant metro area. He said flat out he'd likely choose to simply not enforce any new gun laws, and that an assault weapons ban wont do shit to stop violence.

I told ya so. Now you idiots in a panic: Can you please start posting ANYTHING other than yet another "dey tryna takes me guns" thread?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  2. LadyGunSlinger

LadyGunSlinger Conservative Babe Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,196
    Thank God the States are willing to stand up to tyranny and protect the Constitutional Rights of all Americans against the Fascist left.

3. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    2nd Oregon Sheriff Says He Won't Enforce New Gun Laws - News - LawOfficer.com

2 Oregon sheriffs have also said they wont enforce it.

Our freedoms are protected in various ways. The military protects us from foreign threats, and maintains global stability to ensure economic and personal freedom. Inside our borders, ONLY civilian law enforcement protects us from local threats AND they make the decision to protect and honor our rights through their descretion to enforce a law, or not. As a community, it seems many in the police world are going to PROTECT the 2nd amendment by not enforcing this shit, as I predicted.

(Note to crazy right wingers: See, when it comes down to it, there are MORE people than just the military protecting your ass and your rights, despite your push to demonize the cops and cut their pay/benefits as much as possible. Maybe you should rethink alienating the law enforcement community you dumbasses)

4. martybegan

martybegan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,914
    Forgive me if I am not excited that my 2nd amendment rights are based on my local law chief being a closet facist or not.

And I live in NYC, according to Ray Kelly only police need guns (and retired cops, and thier friends, and any firefighter that wants one wink wink, nudge nudge.)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,905
    The citizens are not subjects. Its refreshing to hear from people who believe in liberty and freedom

6. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Facism, or just overbearing govt, isnt exclusive to the left. Our Republican ran city has a no smoking ordinance, which the local PD has not enforced one single time. We also have a "poop scoop" rule, where you have 2 minutes to pick up your dog's shit or get a $250 fine. Again, as far as I know, the cops decided to never even give that law the time of day.

Stupid ass laws exist all over the country. We have our cops to trust in that they'll use common sense and protect us from the retards in city councils and mayors seats passing these atrocious laws, and just decide to not enforce them.

A law is nothing but a piece of paper with ink. Only a man with a gun willing to enforce it can make it oppressive. Luckily, our military and police are full of folks with way too much integrity, honor and common sense to ever oppress our own people.

7. PredFan

PredFan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,620
    Meh, it won't make it out of Congress.

Thank God for the NRA.

8. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Check this one out: Sheriffs, State Lawmakers Push Back On Gun Control - News - LawOfficer.com

QUOTE from link: Some rural sheriffs view the federal government as an adversary, with gun ownership at the core of that belief.

In Minnesota, Pine County Sheriff Robin Cole sent an open letter to residents saying he did not believe the federal government had the right to tell the states how to regulate firearms. He said he would refuse to enforce any federal mandate he felt violated constitutional rights.

The Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, based in Fredericksburg, Texas, encourages that point of view. Founder Richard Mack, a former sheriff of Apache County, Ariz., speaks regularly at gatherings of Tea Party groups and gun rights organizations.

"I will tell Mr. Obama and everybody else who wants to impose gun control in America, that whether you like it or not, it is against the law," said Mack. "Now we have good sheriffs who are standing up and defending the law against our own president."

9. LadyGunSlinger

LadyGunSlinger Conservative Babe Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,196
    I agree with you. I think the Bush's are a prime example of power hungry Fascists. He and Obama are no different.. one in the same.. except this BOZO is emboldened by his Zombie base.

10. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Ray Kelly is 1 cop. There are 800,000 in the country. Not 100% will agree. But Id guess over 90% will.

But yes, like it or not, YOUR freedom rests solely in the hands of the cops and sheriffs you see daily. See....they can enforce something that is illegal, or not enforce something that is. They have huge amounts of power, and we usually dont see it because...well, they do a great job, we are very safe in general, and we just dont worry much about it.

But, your 4th amendment rights rest in the integrity of cops to not violate it. Same with your 5th. And 1st. And 2nd. And the rest.

The local street cops, literally, have more power than the NYC mayor. Yep. He can pass a law that says "Blue and Green striped shirts are now illegal, punishable by $10,000 fines", or "All New England Patriots hats are officially banned, 10 years in jail". Or any other oppressive law. Yet...if the local cops say "Fuck that, aint enforcing it", then who will? Nobody. You can wear your green and blue shirt with a NE hat, and nothing happens.

Thank goodness, the cops of America are now starting to inject come common sense into this gun debate. It isn't enforceable. And they frankly dont want to enforce it. They know it'll be nothing but lots of bloodshed, with very very VERY little positive affect on gun violence anyway. Not worth it. Stupid law.