Charleston family members tell the killer: " I forgive you "

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
While the President, Black Leaders, the media and the usual cast of characters play the blame game and use the tragedy to push their agendas, the most important message of all comes from the family members of the murdered. Speaking directly to the killer they say they forgive him. They reject hate even in the aftermath of this unconscionable act. They represent the best of us and it's their message that needs to be heard.

The last I had read the killer was unrepentant. So how can he be forgiven for that to which he shows no remorse>

While I appreciate the sentiment I think it is misplaced.

While the President, Black Leaders, the media and the usual cast of characters play the blame game and use the tragedy to push their agendas, the most important message of all comes from the family members of the murdered. Speaking directly to the killer they say they forgive him. They reject hate even in the aftermath of this unconscionable act. They represent the best of us and it's their message that needs to be heard.

All I can say is they are better people than I. I feel truly sad for them but can do nothing but admire their amazing humanity.

This "forgive" thing always annoys me. They don't forgive him. They are saying the words, but they don't mean it. They are obviously quite upset with the killer. If the killer was in the same room with them, they wouldn't casually have a cup of tea with him, as if he were forgiven.

Forum List

Back