'Charleston Chad' Asks: Badass Internet Racist?

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by William Joyce, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    That is correct, rgs.

They fired for no reason at all or at very least they were ordered to fire for no reason at all. Nonetheless, 4 Dead In Ohio. For No Reason At All.

2. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,245
    You would be wrong. But then I already knew that. The Guardsmen fired because of protestors throwing things at them and because their Officer was a poor leader. They did not just load up and fire for the fun of it. Protestors put them in a position where the poorly trained unit reacted with deadly force. There is also reasonable stories of them thinking they were fired on.

Personally I have always wondered why people are surprised when they go about throwing rocks, bottles and other items at armed men with live ammo and those men open fire. Kind of like going into a pen with a lion and prodding it over and over with a stick and then screaming for help when the lion attacks you.

Further the Guardsmen were on the campus because of violent protests. They did not wake up that morning and call all their buddies, drive down to the local National Guard armory draw weapons and ammunition and go on a hunting expedition at Kent State.

3. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    No, you are wrong, rgs.

I was instructed even in Viet Nam not to fire upon civilians that only protested our presense there and only demonstrated with rocks and sticks. I was instructed to fire in the face of mechanical firepower and the obvious intent of the so-called enemy to destroy me immediately and finally.

No such actions were demonstrated at Kent State.

Somebody really fucked up at Kent State and I don't for a moment believe it was the students exercizing their right to free speech and I certainly don't believe those innocents simply having to pass through a crowd on their way to their next class somehow sealed their fate as in any way "enemy combatants."

4. actsnoblemartin

actsnoblemartin I love Andrea & April

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +410
  5. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
  6. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,245
    Yes lets debate the "facts" not your juvenile claims of mass murder for no reason out of it.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-happened-at-kent-state.htm

try this link, it is neither for or against the Guardsmen or the Students. Pretty much states what happened.

7. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,786
    When protesters refused to obey orders to disperse and began throwing rocks and bottles and National Guardsmen armed with rifles.

Yeah, four of them got shot dead. College students ... supposed to be brighter than the average joe, attacking a military force armed with firearms using rocks and bottles. Sheer genius.

I'm not saying anyone should have been shot, nor killed. I'm saying the protesters created the evironment that brought about the conclusion. A tragic ending does not negate their role in causing the situation to begin with.

8. CharlestonChad

CharlestonChad Baller Deluxe

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +131
    Well damn, bottles and rocks are just as violent as the Vietnam war. You were so right in saying the peace rallies are as violent as the wars themselves.

Gunny, care to retract your previous statement?

9. CharlestonChad

CharlestonChad Baller Deluxe

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +131
    Here's your post from page 3

10. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,245
    Changing the goal post won't help you. You made the statement the antiwar crowd were not violent and demanded evidence they were. So tell me, WHEN will YOU be retracting THAT statement?