Charles Krauthammer on the EPA regulating Carbon Dioxide.

Tom Clancy

Clancy for Ron Paul
May 23, 2009
North Carolina.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtuuntl8Ylc&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

American Thinker: Watermelon Marxists

Snip.

Global warming as a science is defunct. Evidence of scientific dishonesty abounds, and the recent e-mail revelations may be the nail in the coffin. When all is said and done, temperatures are falling.

But as a tool for watermelon Marxists -- green on the outside and red on the inside -- climate change orthodoxy represents an opportunity to achieve age-old dreams of Communist wealth redistribution. Don't take my word for it. Listen to Cass Sunstein, Obama's new regulatory czar and perhaps the most powerful bureaucrat in America:

It is even possible that desirable redistribution is more likely to occur through climate change policy than otherwise, or to be accomplished more effectively through climate policy than through direct foreign aid.

He added:

We agree that if the United States does spend a great deal on emissions reductions as part of an international agreement, and if the agreement does give particular help to disadvantaged people, considerations of distributive justice support its action, even if better redistributive mechanisms are imaginable.

Furthermore, Sunstein thinks that, "If we care about social welfare, we should approve of a situation in which a wealthy nation is willing to engage in a degree of self-sacrifice when the world benefits more than that nation loses."

Sunstein is not alone. Sacked environmental czar Van Jones talks of "eco-apartheid." To a like-minded audience Van Jones exclaimed, "Give them the wealth! Give them the wealth! No justice on stolen land...we owe them a debt."

President Obama is presumably on board, having pledged to "bankrupt" the coal industry, among other telling remarks:

So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can; it's just that it will bankrupt them because they're going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that's being emitted.

Thanks for posting that. I've read one or two of his columns and he always comes across as a right wing loon. He's creepy, to boot. :cuckoo:

"Watermelon Marxists"

...Green on the outside red on the inside.

That is awesome.

so carbon dioxide is the enemy.....how will all the major offenders china india russia be held to account....their factories put out far more than us factories....will they be fined by the un epa.....

doubtful.....the us will go green....tax all our offending companies....and china russia and india will carry on as usual and we will watch more of our industries tank and then bitch about it.....

so carbon dioxide is the enemy.....how will all the major offenders china india russia be held to account....their factories put out far more than us factories....will they be fined by the un epa.....

doubtful.....the us will go green....tax all our offending companies....and china russia and india will carry on as usual and we will watch more of our industries tank and then bitch about it.....

We are a planet of carbon based life forms, so it appears the liberal enviros are suffering from an epic case of self-loathing on a global scale...

Thanks for posting that. I've read one or two of his columns and he always comes across as a right wing loon. He's creepy, to boot. :cuckoo:

This post tells me that you no nothing about Charles Krauthammer beyond your percieved political differences with the man. While I do not agree with everything he posits, he should not be dismissed out of hand.

Charles Krauthammer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By the way, you'd probably come across as creepy too if you had spent more than half your life in a wheelchair.

We are a planet of carbon based life forms, so it appears the liberal enviros are suffering from an epic case of self-loathing on a global scale...

so carbon dioxide increase which all the plant should like....thus they will grow....use more carbon dioxide and pump out more oxygen....anyone see this swinging the other way....

nah it can only get worse because scientists are always correct....

This post tells me that you no nothing about Charles Krauthammer beyond your percieved political differences with the man. While I do not agree with everything he posits, he should not be dismissed out of hand.

By the way, you'd probably come across as creepy too if you had spent more than half your life in a wheelchair.

I wasn't even going to respond to that Ravi creature as they are obviously without knowledge and lacking even more in basic dignity.

Every breath Krauthammer takes is one of some difficulty. His life is an astounding example of substantive pursuit despite significant physical challenge.

And agree with him or not, his intellect is considerable.

I wasn't even going to respond to that Ravi creature as they are obviously without knowledge and lacking even more in basic dignity.

Every breath Krauthammer takes is one of some difficulty. His life is an astounding example of substantive pursuit despite significant physical challenge.

intelligent yes. But he is evil and should go ahead and die.

intelligent yes. But he is evil and should go ahead and die.

you gotta love the accepting tollerant left..............

They won't be held to account, fined, or anything like that. Only we will. Because we have a much greater "carbon debt" built up over the last 150 years, see.... While China and others weren't polluting near as much.

Good old Chuck...from failed economic punditry hack to war time pundit without a point at all.....it's great to see he has moved on to commenting about science now - since it's a subject he is so versed in!

They won't be held to account, fined, or anything like that. Only we will. Because we have a much greater "carbon debt" built up over the last 150 years, see.... While China and others weren't polluting near as much.

The turning tide may have been too late - can this shit be stopped????

Not now. With the EPA listing CO2 and other greenhouse gases as harmful to humans, they can do pretty much anything they want now, via authority of the Clean Air Act.

Hence why you see the stock market crashing today in response.

Not now. With the EPA listing CO2 and other greenhouse gases as harmful to humans, they can do pretty much anything they want now, via authority of the Clean Air Act.

The WSJ disagrees with you but since you have such higher credibility....:lol:

The WSJ disagrees with you but since you have such higher credibility....:lol:
WSJ disagrees that the stock market is crashing today in response to yesterday's arbitrary action by the EPA?

Forum List

Back