Charles Krauthammer: Obamacare to Result in National Sales Tax on Americans; Public O

You really think the national sales tax is a liberal Democrat plot??

lol, here's the actual Fair Tax bill, with its co-sponsors...

Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

...the name Mike Pence is the first one that jumped out at me.

...hmmmm...

and Krauthammer is predicting we'll have a national sales tax bill proposed this year? lol, it's already been proposed, last year...

by Republicans.

the obamaist stalinites have always wanted a national sales tax
Is there a tax they aren't in favor of? Sales taxes are appealing to liberals because it's easier to nickle and dime people to death....they never know how hard they were hit People revolt when they see tax taken in one lump sum as it should be.

They'd really prefer to just have 1 tax - the one where 100% of what we earn and own is turned over to them so they can dole out to us our life maintenance allotments.

Krauthammer was wrong about pretty much everything for eight years.

Why would he be correct now?

For many reasons but here are the best ones that come to mind:

1. You can't add 30 MILLION uninsured to the insured & decrease the deficit.
2. You can't cut 500 billion out of Medicare with millions of Baby Boomers--still the largest generation in this nation--that are currently entering the Medicare system & will continue to do so for the next 15 years.

He's right--a national value added tax is coming--it's only a question of when--& I'll guess it will be announced directly after the mid-term election.

Last edited:
Is there a tax they aren't in favor of? Sales taxes are appealing to liberals because it's easier to nickle and dime people to death....they never know how hard they were hit People revolt when they see tax taken in one lump sum as it should be.

They'd really prefer to just have 1 tax - the one where 100% of what we earn and own is turned over to them so they can dole out to us our life maintenance allotments.

DITTO--:lol::lol::lol:

"When government is big enough to give you everything you want, it's also big enough to take everything you have"---Thomas Jefferson

Hey Congress is all the way up to taxing 100% of my patience. Too bad they can't tax my, I gave a damn waht they think, cause that's about a 0% rate.

...hmmmm...

and Krauthammer is predicting we'll have a national sales tax bill proposed this year? lol, it's already been proposed, last year...

by Republicans.
Yes, as a replacement for Income tax, not in addition to. Krauthammer and others believe that Democrats are going to push a VAT in addition to paying income taxes. Do you ever read the shit you post? :lol:

...hmmmm...

by Republicans.

I think you're missing something CRITICAL in your statement. Republicans (many) want a national sales tax to REPLACE federal income tax--aka the "fair tax." Huckabee is a real promoter of this. Eliminate federal income tax & just go with a national sales tax.

The difference:

Your party of liberal democrats wants to KEEP Federal income taxes in place--while taxing you AGAIN with a national sales tax. And the way they have been spending--they're going to get it---:lol::lol:

You voted for it--YOU got it!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyaZ39g9LcA]YouTube - Bill O'Reilly And Charles Krauthammer On The Next 12 Months Under 'Obama-care'[/ame]

:clap2::clap2:
Influential conservative commentator Charles Krauthammer is predicting that to pay for the unconstitutional mess known as Obamacare, Obama will have to push for a National Sales Tax within the coming
year. In analysis delivered on the O'Reilly Factor, Krauthammer explained why he's certain that the Public Option—long denied by Obama and the Democrats as something we would see—is in fact here already, too, in the very bill Obama signed into law just yesterday. A sales tax is defined as a levy on the sale of goods and services, likely imposed at different levels of business activity

Willow Tree, I hope Charles Krauthammer is correct.

I’m a proponent of (to the greatest practical extent), replacing federal Income tax revenue with a general sales tax, (i.e. the “fair tax”).

I generally approve of paying as we go rather than funding today’s spending from our grandchildren’s economy.

Federally administered medical insurance, (Medicare) is USA's golden standard of medical insurance administration. No other large scale medical insurer delivers more superior expense/benefit to its clients.

I consider Medicare's total revenue from the federal budget plus what's directly paid by or on behalf of Medicare's clients, as Medicare's total expenses.

Respectfully, Supposn

Bottom line?

If the government does more it spends more.

To pay for it we can either borrow more or tax ourselves more.

Sadly thanks to the deficit we currently have, we're going to end up BOTH borrowing more AND taxing ourselves more.

It's gonna suck but we can thank every POTUS and every administration and BOTH PARTIES for getting us into this mess.

Take a bow, Citizens, you've played the role as the dupes in this shadowpuppet theater we call government your entire lives.

Your Republican pals fucked you and your children, too

Your Democratic pals fucked you, and your children, too.

And STILL some of you are partisans!?

A-freakin-mazing

Last edited:
Bottom line?

If the government does more it spends more.

To pay for it we can either borrow more or tax ourselves more.

Sadly thanks to the deficit we currently have, we're going to end up BOTH borrowing more AND taxing ourselves more.

It's gonna suck but we can thank every POTUS and every administration and BOTH PARTIES for getting us into this mess.

Take a bow, Citizens, you've played the role as the dupes in this shadowpuppet theater we call government your entire lives.

You Republican pals fucked you.

Your Democratic pals fucked you.

And STILL some of you are partisans,

A-freakin-mazing

But do we get uncapped mental health benefits? :cool:

I'll take your nickname of Pee Wee for 2 reasons:
1) It's like calling a big man "tiny" - it's ironic because it's actually the opposite
2) Paul Reuben's Pee Wee character is one of the all-time greats of comedy

You seem to think I'll shy away from saying I'm scared of the national sales tax. I won't. See the little red words in my sig? Those aren't just pretty decoration. The last thing that my bottom line needs is a national sales tax.

You keep trying to frame the healthcare debate as a handout to lazy welfare cheats. Feel free to keep fearmongering and distorting the facts like that. The point is that if you take the people you're already paying for (via emergency care and current insurance rates) and bring them into the system, you'll cut costs. Period.

And how long do you give them before you will admit that this was a huge mistake when the prices don't go down? I predict the exact opposite is going to happen. I will be most pleasantly surprised if you are correct, but that's not what my common sense is telling me. So, how long until the prices start to come down? 3 months? 6 months? a year? And isn't it just convenient that the prices can remain the same for the next 3 to 4 years and no one can say a word about it because their so called 'fix' isn't implemented all the way yet. I haven't seen anything in that bill that will actually lower the cost of health care.

We keeping think that the problem is how to fund HC.

Instead we ought to be thinking about how to REDUCE the cost of HC.

The Vat Cometh

"It's the ultimate cash cow. Obama will need it. By introducing universal health care, he has pulled off the largest expansion of the welfare state in four decades. And the most expensive. Which is why all of the European Union has the VAT. Huge VATs. Germany: 19 percent. France and Italy: 20 percent. Most of Scandinavia: 25 percent.

American liberals have long complained that ours is the only advanced industrial country without universal health care. Well, now we shall have it. And as we approach European levels of entitlements, we will need European levels of taxation.

Obama set out to be a consequential president, on the order of Ronald Reagan. With the VAT, Obama's triumph will be complete. He will have succeeded in reversing Reaganism. Liberals have long complained that Reagan's strategy was to starve the (governmental) beast in order to shrink it: First, cut taxes -- then ultimately you have to reduce government spending."

It is already going to be a byproduct of the new law: rationed care and reductions in new medicine/treatement development.

Influential conservative commentator Charles Krauthammer is predicting that to pay for the unconstitutional mess known as Obamacare, Obama will have to push for a National Sales Tax within the coming
year. In analysis delivered on the O'Reilly Factor, Krauthammer explained why he's certain that the Public Option—long denied by Obama and the Democrats as something we would see—is in fact here already, too, in the very bill Obama signed into law just yesterday. A sales tax is defined as a levy on the sale of goods and services, likely imposed at different levels of business activity

Charles Krauthammer: Obamacare to Result in National Sales Tax on Americans; Public Option Already Here - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

it was definitely a government take over and democwats were too stupid to know it,, typical of democwats..

As a right wing crank, you object to a FLAT TAX?

I thought youse guys just loved flat taxes.

I hate the flat tax. It is little better than the Income Tax. However, the difference between say the Fair Tax and the insinuation here is that the Fair Tax is contingent upon the elimination of the Income Tax whereas this tax would be in addition to the Income Tax.

I, too, wish we could archive this "prediction" to see if it were accurate or not. I don't know if it will be in less than a year or even if it will happen, but I will not be surprised if it does happen. Quite possibly even under a Republican administration... um, assuming they can over come Bush in the next say thirty years and win the White House back.

Immie

It's not anyones job to disprove him, it's his job to provide evidence to support his claim.

so what you are saying is you don't wear britches big enough to enter a rational debate and prove him erroneous. why a whiney little titty baby you bee.

He made a prediction. How the fuck do you prove a prediction erroneous?

If I read this thread right, (have not listened to the video) he prophesied it would happen in less than a year. If the President has not instituted... hell, I will even say that if the President has not even mentioned the idea to Congress and the American People, then he is a false prophet... Thank Goodness we no longer stone false prophets.

Immie

Exactly, and that was not done in this bill, not even close.

True it does.......and true that very few Repulican/conservatives will endorse it either.

Because there's really no difference between Repudlicans and Dimocrats is there?

Nope.....the only difference is what liberties they want to take from you.

If you don't mind, I would like to change your statement just a little bit by adding one word:

Nope.....the only difference is what liberties they want to take from you, first.

Because in the long run, neither side cares about any of our liberties. It is just which ones go first.

Immie

The so-called fair tax is a national sales tax and almost all the proponents of it I've seen were conservatives.

That is because liberals don't want to give up the Income Tax. If the Fair Tax did not include the provision that the Income Tax be eliminated they would be all for it.

Immie

Forum List

Back