Charity and what happens to it.

mnbasketball

Mar 4, 2011
:confused:when someone sets up a charity should they be followed as to who they help and how much good they do. And if they don't really live up to what most people would think is fair should they be called out for it?

Last edited:
Non profit organizations have boards of directors who oversee the organization. That is enough. Trying to legislate incompetence simply is never a good plan.

It's not the fact that many do it, it's the fact that people really believe in their own desires of what is truth like Liberals are crooked and conservatives aren't.

all I am saying is if a org. is crooked should it be called out for it, not make excuses about it.

It's not the fact that many do it, it's the fact that people really believe in their own desires of what is truth like Liberals are crooked and conservatives aren't.

all I am saying is if a org. is crooked should it be called out for it, not make excuses about it.

I think we'd all be better off with less manufactured outrage from both sides, not more.

It's stupid to give money to charities because you are paying for the suits and ties that the people where who work there and a big structure of an org. You should give money to people directly.

:confused:when someone sets up a charity should they be followed as to who they help and how much good they do. And if they don't really live up to what most people would think is fair should they be called out for it?

Assuming the achived a $25,000 a year budget they must file their texes via an IRS 990 tax form.

If their activities fail to meet the standards of the IRS for their stated charitable mission they lose their 501c (3) status.

Take a look at the 990 and you'll realize its very thorough and, assuming there's no outright fraud in filling it out, it will identify charities that are dubious.

It's stupid to give money to charities because you are paying for the suits and ties that the people where who work there and a big structure of an org. You should give money to people directly.

In theory I agree.

In practice the theory falls flat on its face.

OP wants to regulate private charity but wants the government to be free to corrupt itself with tax money. Got it.

you know that for a fact Minni, please do disclose you knowledge. Inform us to where it went to besides the rather large salary of one person. I agree, I thought it was large but according to what ceo's get paid it was modest. but please tell us how much money YOU think they stole.

you know that for a fact Minni, please do disclose you knowledge. Inform us to where it went to besides the rather large salary of one person. I agree, I thought it was large but according to what ceo's get paid it was modest. but please tell us how much money YOU think they stole.

Historically, United Way is one of the least efficient, most corrupt 501's you can throw your money away on:

United Way corruption - Google Search

I quit giving to UW during the scandals of the early 90s. Children's charities have gotten almost all of my donations since then, and as directly as possible.

Forum List

Back