Charities You Regularly Donate To

B. Kidd

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2010
Western Lands
I'm curious to see how charitable USMB members are.
For years, my wife and I have donated to:
Salvation Army
Catholic Community Services
Disabled American Vets

Since we've retired and are on a tighter budget, we continue to donate, even though its less.
Who do you regularly donate to?

I wish I could, but due to tight money and College starting I can't afford it, Luckily I know both my parents continue to Donate, But that doesn't mean I don't do some Volunteering here and there.

I wish I could, but due to tight money and College starting I can't afford it, Luckily I know both my parents continue to Donate, But that doesn't mean I don't do some Volunteering here and there.

That's cool.
Your 'time' is a donation too.

Ronald McDonald House
And the school where my son goes to therapy at.
I also try to buy those $1 things at the store for MDA and United Way.

Salvation Army
Disabled American Vets

Since we've retired and are on a tighter budget, we continue to donate, even though its less.

The USMB....i gave 5 bucks this month and i'm the only one :lol:

I do volunteer a few weekends a year and I give my old clothes to the clothing bank.

Oh and the firefighter fund when they are out

Oh and PAL

Last edited:
Of course personal giving of time and work, that is, volunteerism, may be best. But giving money to noble causes is alway helpful. I prefer giving to the smaller charities, not those funded in the multi-millions.

Here is one working mainly in the MidWest now.

Farming | Harvest | Planting | Assistance

Salvation Army
Disabled American Vets

I always drop some $$ in the Salvation Army Kettles, and my amazon Smile account donates to them as well.

For clothes I eschew the sidewalk donation bins and give to the St Vincent DePaul Society.

I don't recall the latest.

It's sort of a hobby of the bride's to research more obscure charities that are legit but thus struggle a bit for donors. She finds things she/we agree are good or needy causes and donate. We give as much as we can because they need it and we hate giving any more than necessary to the government to piss away.

Salvation Army
Disabled American Vets

I don't have much in the way of extra dollars, but I do build on habitat for humanity houses when the dig season is over.

Forum List

Back