Charges dropped in Smollett case

one black guy getting away with something, ONCE? yeah this is a national emergency!

Oliver North is a really fucked up guy, under Reagan he armed terrorists and now under the NRA he arms domestic terrorists. To this day he still has not been brought to justice because he's a rich white man.

dont tell me white privilege dont exist!

Oliver North is a really fucked up guy, under Reagan he armed terrorists and now under the NRA he arms domestic terrorists. To this day he still has not been brought to justice because he's a rich white man.

dont tell me white privilege dont exist!

BB, can you decide one day if you are a liberal or conservative or just a garden variety troll? Thanks.

I said from the start he would never see any jail time. The democrat hell hole of Chicago has shown us all again their hate for the law abiding. What if the this fake hate crime had succeeded? Ruining the lives of innocents? Liberal scum are worse than animals, IMO. He's the victim according to one attorney.

Jussie Smollett charges dropped, actor won't be prosecuted on charges he faked attack
In a shocking announcement Tuesday morning, the Cook County State’s Attorney’s office said it will not be prosecuting Jussie Smollett, who was previously accused of faking an anti-black, anti-gay hate crime in Chicago in order to drum up publicity for his role on the TV drama “Empire.”

Fox News has learned the judge granted a nolle pros, which essentially means that the case has been dropped and that he will no longer be prosecuted for the alleged crime.

It’s unclear at this time why the court decided not to proceed with prosecution, but the former “Empire” star is expected to give a statement after he leaves the courthouse later today.

Jussie Smollett charges dropped, actor won't be prosecuted on charges he faked attack
Kim Foxx's Top Ethics Officer and Conviction Integrity Officer Resign in Wake of Corrupt Smollett Whitewash

Interesting timing:.

Two officials have resigned from their positions in the office of Cook County, Illinois, State’s Attorney Kim Foxx in the wake of her decision to drop charges against disgraced "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett.
April Perry, Foxx's chief ethics officer, and Conviction Integrity Director Mark Rotert have both tendered their resignations and will serve their last days on the job in May.​

Perry, Cook County's first ethics officer, initially encouraged Foxx to recuse herself from the Smollett case after learning that she had spoken about the case to members of the actor's family​

She did not recuse herself. She told the public that she was recusing herself, while retaining authority over the case and meddling in it. When called on this she claimed she recused herself "colloquially."

Kim Foxx's Top Ethics Officer and Conviction Integrity Officer Resign in Wake of Corrupt Smollett Whitewash

Two officials have resigned from their positions in the office of Cook County, Illinois, State’s Attorney Kim Foxx in the wake of her decision to drop charges against disgraced "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett.
April Perry, Foxx's chief ethics officer, and Conviction Integrity Director Mark Rotert have both tendered their resignations and will serve their last days on the job in May.
Perry, Cook County's first ethics officer, initially encouraged Foxx to recuse herself from the Smollett case after learning that she had spoken about the case to members of the actor's family
She did not recuse herself. She told the public that she was recusing herself, while retaining authority over the case and meddling in it. When called on this she claimed she recused herself "colloquially."

And so what?

I think the biggest problem is that Kim Foxx can't say the real reason why she dropped the case.

Here's my version.

"Thank you. I've decided to drop this case because my office has a limited budget, and while that's fine when you are prosecuting real criminals who are too poor to afford real lawyers, prosecuting a celebrity defendant with deep pockets for a prank would be a real waste of money, time and effort.

"Now, I know the CPD is upset because they actually had to do their jobs for a change. They're still upset with me for not charging that teenage girl they beat up with assault... so take it with a grain of salt. I wasn't elected because the CPD needed a friend, I was elected because the CPD is corrupt and no one trusts it anymore."

But of course, that's too much truth... so she wouldn't say that.

April Perry, Foxx's chief ethics officer, and Conviction Integrity Director Mark Rotert have both tendered their resignations and will serve their last days on the job in May.
Perry, Cook County's first ethics officer, initially encouraged Foxx to recuse herself from the Smollett case after learning that she had spoken about the case to members of the actor's family

And so what?

I think the biggest problem is that Kim Foxx can't say the real reason why she dropped the case.

Here's my version.

"Thank you. I've decided to drop this case because my office has a limited budget, and while that's fine when you are prosecuting real criminals who are too poor to afford real lawyers, prosecuting a celebrity defendant with deep pockets for a prank would be a real waste of money, time and effort.

"Now, I know the CPD is upset because they actually had to do their jobs for a change. They're still upset with me for not charging that teenage girl they beat up with assault... so take it with a grain of salt. I wasn't elected because the CPD needed a friend, I was elected because the CPD is corrupt and no one trusts it anymore."

But of course, that's too much truth... so she wouldn't say that.
Excellent deflection crime lover.

I said from the start he would never see any jail time. The democrat hell hole of Chicago has shown us all again their hate for the law abiding. What if the this fake hate crime had succeeded? Ruining the lives of innocents? Liberal scum are worse than animals, IMO. He's the victim according to one attorney.

In a shocking announcement Tuesday morning, the Cook County State’s Attorney’s office said it will not be prosecuting Jussie Smollett, who was previously accused of faking an anti-black, anti-gay hate crime in Chicago in order to drum up publicity for his role on the TV drama “Empire.”

Fox News has learned the judge granted a nolle pros, which essentially means that the case has been dropped and that he will no longer be prosecuted for the alleged crime.

It’s unclear at this time why the court decided not to proceed with prosecution, but the former “Empire” star is expected to give a statement after he leaves the courthouse later today.

What happened was that they overcharged. Maybe they had a case for filing a false report but 16 felony charges? The prosecutor should get kudos for refusing to overcharge. The charges should be consummate with the severity of the offense. It seems that the police are more interested in revenge than justice. We are seeing that in the college bribery business. These parents are being treated like mobsters and gangsters.

What happened was that they overcharged. Maybe they had a case for filing a false report but 16 felony charges? The prosecutor should get kudos for refusing to overcharge. The charges should be consummate with the severity of the offense. It seems that the police are more interested in revenge than justice. We are seeing that in the college bribery business. These parents are being treated like mobsters and gangsters.
Jail house lawyer?

Jail house lawyer?

Fact.

Jail house lawyer?

Fact.
What prison did you get your law degree in?

Well said. The Chicago PD was just fine with Jason van Dyke getting a whopping 6 years (will be out in two) for murdering LaQuan McDonald by shooting him 16 times. The other cops who filed false reports just lost their jobs.

Faking a hate crime to get attention... it's just not that big of a deal.

48 damn pages over a story that should have barely caused a blip on ANYONE'S radar.

All due to racism and bigotry.

The bottom line is that Chicago has bigger fish to fry than some 2bit actor's publicity stunts, or not.

It was a good call by Fox, plain and simple.

The Chicago PD should be ashamed of themselves for stoking this the way they have.

But, sadly, that's to be expected from those damned sons of bitches.

Last edited:
48 damn pages over a story that should have barely caused a blip on ANYONE'S radar.

All due to racism and bigotry.

The bottom line is that Chicago has bigger fish to fry than some 2bit actor's publicity stunts, or not.

It was a good call by Fox, plain and simple.

The Chicago PD should be ashamed of themselves for stoking this the way they have.

But, sadly, that's to be expected from those damned sons of bitches.

The FOP has it out for Fox for other reasons... mainly that she is taking prosecuting corrupt cops seriously.

All that said, while I agree settling the case was a good call, this was the worst deal making since Chamberlain gave away the Sudetanland.

At the very least, she should have gotten an apology and some restitution.

Forum List

Back