Chappaquiddick

Immanuel

Gold Member
May 15, 2007
Kennedy denies affair with Kopechne in new memoir - Yahoo! News

Sen. Edward M. Kennedy said in a new book that he was not romantically involved with young Mary Jo Kopechne and that he never escaped the despair he felt after she died in the 1969 car crash that has been seared into the national consciousness as "Chappaquiddick."

"That night on Chappaquiddick Island ended in a horrible tragedy that haunts me every day of my life,"

In it, Kennedy said his actions on Chappaquiddick on July 18, 1969, were "inexcusable." He said he was afraid and "made terrible decisions" and had to live with the guilt for more than four decades.

Seeing him admit to having made a mistake is a good thing. That is something that many of us won't do on site.

I pray he has made his peace with God. And I AM one of those who disliked the man while he lived.

Immie

Sen. Edward M. Kennedy said in a new book that he was not romantically involved with young Mary Jo Kopechne and that he never escaped the despair he felt after she died in the 1969 car crash that has been seared into the national consciousness as "Chappaquiddick."

"That night on Chappaquiddick Island ended in a horrible tragedy that haunts me every day of my life,"

In it, Kennedy said his actions on Chappaquiddick on July 18, 1969, were "inexcusable." He said he was afraid and "made terrible decisions" and had to live with the guilt for more than four decades.

Seeing him admit to having made a mistake is a good thing. That is something that many of us won't do on site.

I pray he has made his peace with God. And I AM one of those who disliked the man while he lived.

Immie

And yet her family accepted the money not to have the autopsy because the Kennedy family told them it would show she'd had sex and would ruin her reputation. HMMMM

Immie

I practically hated him. I watched as he got his relative off of rape charges while crying poor me for 30 minutes about how he'd lost his brothers and the judge let it continue as did the prosecutor.

Yes, I know that's not very "Christian" of me. I'm a work in progress.

Yes, I know that's not very "Christian" of me. I'm a work in progress.

I am as well.

I don't know whether to believe him or not, but I would rather believe those sentiments are true rather than lies.

Immie

I hope he burns in hell myself. He deliberately let that girl drown so there would be only his side of the story to tell. His death is the only thing in his entire life that he wasn't able to buy his way out of or lie to avoid it. I hope he and God have a short discussion about Mary Jo before God invites him to leave His kingdom.

Forum List

Back