Chappaquiddick movie

I was 11 at the time. I knew it happened, I knew - you know. The basics. I donā€™t know the specifics. I donā€™t know what was going on behind the scenes, and I would like to.

I dont know how a man swims out of his sinking car without grabbing his girlfriend sitting next to him. It's not like forgetting your car keys
The car keys are a little lighter than a dead woman...

She was dead already? didnt know that part.

I think it comes down to whether she was conscious or unconscious - and just how drunk he was.

Film Review: ā€˜Chappaquiddickā€™

Thereā€™s no contrivance in watching this actor; you simply accept the reality of his presence as Ted Kennedy. And that goes for the film as well. ā€œChappaquiddickā€ is exactly what you want it to be: a tense, scrupulous, absorbingly precise and authentic piece of history ā€” a tabloid scandal attached to a smoke-filled-room travesty. It recounts and anatomizes, with riveting detail, the tragic car accident and its aftermath that cast its shadow over the political career of Edward Kennedy and, in many ways, came to symbolize his existence. The movie is avidly told and often suspenseful, but itā€™s really a fascinating study of how corruption in America works. It sears you with its relevance and, for that reason, has every chance to find an audience.

The official story is that Teddy Kennedy was in a car driven by a young liberal political volunteer and she ran off a rural bridge into a tidal canal. Teddy claimed that he escaped from the sinking car and dove down numerous times to try to save the girl before abandoning the attempt and catching a ferry back to the mainland without calling authorities while Mary Jo drowned. Why Teddy failed to call authorities was never explained and he quietly pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor. I guess Woodward and Bernstein and the rest of the investigative reporters in the mainstream media were too busy with other projects to investigate the potential bombshell story of a young babe dying in a U.S. Senator's car. Maybe if Teddy was a republican.

The official story is that Teddy Kennedy was in a car driven by a young liberal political volunteer and she ran off a rural bridge into a tidal canal. Teddy claimed that he escaped from the sinking car and dove down numerous times to try to save the girl before abandoning the attempt and catching a ferry back to the mainland without calling authorities while Mary Jo drowned. Why Teddy failed to call authorities was never explained and he quietly pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor. I guess Woodward and Bernstein and the rest of the investigative reporters in the mainstream media were too busy with other projects to investigate the potential bombshell story of a young babe dying in a U.S. Senator's car. Maybe if Teddy was a republican.

Read the review I posted. Looks like the movie is going to do right by the truth.

I was 11 at the time. I knew it happened, I knew - you know. The basics. I donā€™t know the specifics. I donā€™t know what was going on behind the scenes, and I would like to.

I dont know how a man swims out of his sinking car without grabbing his girlfriend sitting next to him. It's not like forgetting your car keys
Just more proof he was not in the car!

There is compelling evidence that she survived the crash and was alive for at least a couple of hours. Had the asshole reported the crash, and if the reports are correct, she would have lived.
There is an alternative theory that he was not in the car and didn't find out about the accident until the morning. Mary Jo is the one who drove the car into the pond.

There is compelling evidence that she survived the crash and was alive for at least a couple of hours. Had the asshole reported the crash, and if the reports are correct, she would have lived.
There is an alternative theory that he was not in the car and didn't find out about the accident until the morning. Mary Jo is the one who drove the car into the pond.

Not a theory, a made up tale to try and help good old ted. There is tons of factual evidence that shows he was driving. There is none for your supposed "theory".

Not a theory, a made up tale to try and help good old ted. There is tons of factual evidence that shows he was driving. There is none for your supposed "theory".[/QUOTE

Not a theory, a made up tale to try and help good old ted. There is tons of factual evidence that shows he was driving. There is none for your supposed "theory".
But the fact that one of the leading detectives, Bernie Flynn, beli

One piece of evidence is that he doesn't remember how he escaped the car. An odd fact to forget. Now that lie is easily explained if he wasn't the driver. He simply didn't know if the window was open or closed and was afraid of giving testimony that could be refuted.

Forum List

Back