This

0407-05.jpg

leads to this

united-occupy-oakland-protesters-29.jpg

And eventually to this

100709012735_Oakland-protest2-320.jpg
26oakland3-blog480.jpg

Reap what you sow, America

Its called insurrection and will put down exactly that way. We have a process for change.

Spoken like a true Tory.

Extremists are violent by nature.

Leftists are violent by nature. The foundation of the left is greed and envy, the motive power of the left is a spoiled 2 year old declaring "NO FAIR, THEY HAVE MORE THAN ME!" From Marx to Obama, the message of the left is one of envy, others have more and your want to take it by force or implied force.

Witness the Militia groups on the Right that were active during the Clinton days and are active now Obama is President.

I can witness a myth created by the leftist press and popular media, but as far as actual "militia groups," they're as common as bigfoot.

Folks that blew up abortion clinics, planned attacks on police, etc.

Dude, do you want to compare violence from the left or right? Seriously? Yep, Eric Rudolph is a bad man, a terrorist. He's in prison. Bill Ayers is a bad man, a terrorist, he's in Obama's inner circle.

I condemn Rudolph, you'll defend Ayers - such is the difference twixt left and right.

The left is hate filled and violent - that is simply the fact. The left defines itself by what it hates, hatred is the foundation upon which the left rests.

The problem is that it's harder to recognize an extremist when you're on their end of the spectrum. Then there's also the fact that any protest will attract its share of extremists.

This isn't about "extremists" this is about the left, this is about a hate filled and envy driven segment of society, flamed on by "leaders" like Obama, Reid and Pelosi.

The Shitters are morons, mostly sheep following the flock, hoping to get high or laid. Behind them though, guiding the flock, are those with agendas. Sure, the unions want to loot more from the rest of the nation, the public employees want more welfare - greed unleashed. But there is another guiding hand, and violence is the inevitable result.

The left is about violence, always.

Then in addition to the passages you selectively quoted, you must have read this:

"Organizers in Oakland had viewed the day as a significant victory. Police said that about 7,000 people participated in demonstrations throughout the day that were peaceful except for a few incidents of vandalism."

Like I said, the protest was still peaceful, although it did break the law (civil disobedience always does that). We don't even know for certain that the people who committed the vandalism and arson were part of the protests. Even if they are, they represent only a tiny fraction of it.

That’s what can happen. It starts when a few opportunistic street thugs use the protests as a chance push their own agenda to loot or vandalize.

Then in addition to the passages you selectively quoted, you must have read this:

"Organizers in Oakland had viewed the day as a significant victory. Police said that about 7,000 people participated in demonstrations throughout the day that were peaceful except for a few incidents of vandalism."

Like I said, the protest was still peaceful, although it did break the law (civil disobedience always does that). We don't even know for certain that the people who committed the vandalism and arson were part of the protests. Even if they are, they represent only a tiny fraction of it.
YOU said no one knows if the violence - burning, destruction of property, etc. - was from the protesters then you even admonished a poster for not reading the piece.

The piece itself said the violence was from the protestors.

So, yes we DO know who caused the violence - it was the protestors.

Aren't you glad I clarified your confusion about not knowing who caused the violence?

;)

Last edited:
The left is about violence, always.

Your definition of the left is about violence, so surprise, you see violence. Me? I'm a moderate. I'd like to see Ayers in jail. I have nothing for contempt for the folks for the dozen or so folks that decided to act violently. I have nothing but contempt for the KKK Folks showing up at the Tea Party thinking that they've found a forum to shine in. I'd like to see any violent group, be it leftist or right, hunted down post haste by the Feds.

I'm sympathetic with the OWS for the same reason I was sympathetic with the Tea Party. It pisses me off that The Right, first under GWB, and the Left, now under Obama, seem more concerned about bailing out banks than the folks who played by the rules, paid their bills, and now find themselves tossed under the bus.

I'm sure that will be effective.

Do you think burning stores is effective for the Shitters? Think your stock went up with that?

Better yet, have they solved anything?? Have they improved anything?? Is their message clear?? Do they even know what they want?? I'm thinking back to the 60s protests, they were handled wrong, but the message was clear. And this just as it was in the 60s has turned in to a party and love fest.

It's not going to improve, it will only escalate with more violence. They need to go home and re-group. If they have any sense they will understand why.

But the police had no reason to use violence against the TP - we followed the law on all occasions.

OWS didn't.

By the way, this is a point worth going back to. The biggest difference between the OWS and the TP has been a difference of maturity. The TP tended to be folks that were more experienced and mature, and as such they did a damn fine job kicking out the KKK and other extremists that showed up. That helped them stay inside the law.

The OWS is a bunch of kids. That's what has really terrified me about them from the word go. I'm sympathetic, but they scare me because they just plain don't know better.

Outside that, there is some considerable overlap. If some of the OWS kids had really listened to what the TP stood for, they'd have likely marched with them and learned something.

But the police had no reason to use violence against the TP - we followed the law on all occasions.

OWS didn't.

By the way, this is a point worth going back to. The biggest difference between the OWS and the TP has been a difference of maturity. The TP tended to be folks that were more experienced and mature, and as such they did a damn fine job kicking out the KKK and other extremists that showed up. That helped them stay inside the law.

The OWS is a bunch of kids. That's what has really terrified me about them from the word go. I'm sympathetic, but they scare me because they just plain don't know better.

Outside that, there is some considerable overlap. If some of the OWS kids had really listened to what the TP stood for, they'd have likely marched with them and learned something.

But there wouldn't have been free booze, drugs and sex. That's no fun. :lol:

Dragon, sare you condoning "a few incidents of vandalism; the protest was still peaceful, although it did break the law (civil disobedience always does that); and, people who committed the vandalism and arson were part of the protests."

Even if they are, they represent only a tiny fraction of it.

Does that make all of the breaking of laws alright? Soon, it will be "just a few people were killed, but no one knew who did it."

The first mistake was done by city officials not insisting on permits and costs like the Tea Party were prepared to do. Then following the rules by not camping in parks or allowing overnight stays. Then the protestors just keep pushing the lne until they close down ports and bring violence to bear.

The cities have to take action and enforce their laws before these jerks take advantage of the perceived weakness of the city officials and LE. Start keeping them in jail and demand $500.00 fines for each violators of the law.

YOU said no one knows if the violence - burning, destruction of property, etc. - was from the protesters then you even admonished a poster for not reading the piece.

It offered no proof of this, however. So no, we don't know. What we DO know is that only a small number of people participated in the vandalism and arson, so to the protest movement as a whole did not.

You must spread more reputation around before giving it to editec again.

Oakland was where the police first started acting violently towards the protesters, and now surprise surprise, there's violence.
So, what are the police supposed to do whenever a mob refuses to follow their lawful orders?

police are to serve and protect the public not order them

Dragon, sare you condoning "a few incidents of vandalism"

No, I am merely pointing out that the vandalism is being wrongly attributed on this thread; the wrong people are being blamed for it.

Does that make all of the breaking of laws alright?

First of all, no, not ALL breaking of laws -- I'm against these protests turning violent. (And so far, they have not done so.)

But secondly, you cannot have an effective protest, even a nonviolent one, without breaking laws. The civil rights movement broke laws. The anti-Vietnam War protests broke laws. The sit-down strikes that finally organized manufacturing in the 1930s broke laws. Gandhi's independence movement in India broke laws.

Of course, the police must respond to this by enforcing the law -- those who engage in nonviolent civil disobedience should expect to be arrested. But there's a difference between a moral right and a legal right. Ultimately, the people have a moral right of revolution. But no government can survive if it recognizes such a right on a legal basis, and ours does not.

So I support what Occupy Oakland did in terms of the general strike and blockading the port. I do not support what a small group of people, maybe involved with the protest and maybe not, did in terms of senseless vandalism and arson. Both broke the law, but these actions are not equal.

It offered no proof of this, however. So no, we don't know. What we DO know is that only a small number of people participated in the vandalism and arson, so to the protest movement as a whole did not.

:lol: Again,if it wasn't for the double standards of the left, you'd have no standards at all. The TEA Parties were constantly lied about by left wing media who labeled them 'racist' and offered a couple of signs as 'evidence'. Now, however, we're not supposed to accept the actions of a few as representative of the whole. Could y'all make up your minds about what standard is applicable?

Idiot.

This exact same reaction would have occurred if the police had used violence against the Tea Party.

They were never given a reason to. You didn't see the kind of behavior from the tea party that we've been seeing from OWS.

That's cuz they recognize that with rights come responsibilities. One has the right to protest, one has the responsibility to do so in a rational and organized way. One applies for permits, one ensures the protesters clean up after themselves, one does not think that 'protest' means 'camping out for weeks on end'.

Grown up, rational and lawful vs a bunch of brats and a bunch of thugs.

Oakland is a cesspool anyway.
Somehow I think this will all result in killing two birds with one stone.

Forum List

Back