Chanting USA is racist now

I was wondering why no one has mentioned the 'real racist' remarks made by the 'other school'.

Then I realized.... the 'whites' dont have any focus groups like LULAC or La Raza to bitch and whine for them.

'Alamo whites' being chanted at the winning team is indeed racist if ya ask me, but who cares what I, a stupid white guy, feels about it.

Can you link a story that includes that little nugget?

Posted this earlier in thread.

:stupid: :up:

Maybe they were chanting?

YOU ESE!

That would mean they were telling the kids from the other school that they were their homeboys, wouldn't it?

:lol:

Seems this thread has pretty much died since I pointed out that some of the kids chanting "USA" were hispanic.

Yes, you win! :lol:

From the second link The Infidel provided : 'Students -- including Hannah Lieck -- say both chants were in poor taste.

"The people who started it meant it to be derogatory,” Lieck said of her Alamo Heights classmates. “And then everybody kind of just followed. But I think it just got blown out of proportion."
'

So, according to that quote, it could easily have started off as a racial thing and other students just joined in, including Hispanic students.

Also, there is nothing preventing Hispanic students from looking at the other school and having bigoted feelings about them; either from a belief they are illegal immigrants, or because they think they are a different nationality (not all Hispanics are from the same place, obviously, and I've known Cubans who consider it insulting to be thought of as Puerto Rican, things like that), it doesn't have to have been completely innocent because there may have been Hispanic students involved in the chant.

Most importantly, whether or not this incident was racially based, you seemed to dismiss the possibility out of hand; as though it is simply impossible that a chant of USA, USA could be anything but a display of innocent patriotism. Again I ask, what reason would there be to chant USA at a game between two US schools? Which seems more likely, that the students of one school are chanting in a hostile or derogatory way toward the other school, or that there was a spontaneous display of patriotism for no apparent reason?

1. There is nothing racist about chanting USA during a time of war when celebrating victory. There were no racial pejoratives used, so there is no factual basis for claiming that it was racism. Had the hispanic team taken it as racism then they could have responded with even louder cheers for the USA instead.

2. This is not about race, since hispanics are primarily categorized as caucasian and you have to go back to extremist racists prior to WW2 to find any major racist advocates that categorized them as not caucasian. The racism here is all in the eye of the politically correct thought police who view things primarily through a prism of racial grouping.

A person should be viewed as an individual and not as a member of a racial group, and to do so is racism in and of itself.

3. No one has a racial claim to live here in the US. An ethnic Amerindian who was born and raised in France is not somehow more American with a stronger claim to live here than a second generation Franco-American who has lived nowhere else but the US and whose values and culture are that of the Americans they have grown up with. It is pure racism to assert that the ethnic Amerindian does have such a claim.

We who are born and raised in the US are NATIVE Americans and have every bit as much right to live here as anybody else.

4. The Texas Revolution was not about racism, but was about freedom. Santa Anna threw out the constitution of 1824 and set himself up with a new constitution written by his cronies that made him effectively a dictator. About half a dozen Mexican provinces rebelled against him, and Texas and Yucatan were the only ones who were successful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/​wiki/Texas_Revolution
Note the map that shows the provinces that rebelled.

Texas was not take from Mexico after the Mexican American war, and even if it were, it would make no difference as it is inhabited by predominately US citizens today, not citizens of Mexico.

Seems this thread has pretty much died since I pointed out that some of the kids chanting "USA" were hispanic.

Facts are irrelevant to the race-baitors who are on a crusade to prove that every Anglo-American to be a fervent racist in their heart of hearts.

They promote this view because they profit from it. Remove the profit and the lies and slander against this nation will stop.

We know this is not racism simply due to the fact that some of the students chanting "USA" and disciplined for chanting "USA" where themselves, in fact, hispanic.

Forum List

Back