Chanting USA is racist now

How is it racist? Politically motivated maybe, but not racist. USA is made up of all races. Why is it so many forget that?

If those hispanics were insulted, then something is wrong. Truly, they should have just joined in the chant, bringing the two schools together instead of ripping them apart. First you're not allowed to be proud to be white, now you're not allowed to be proud to be American, what's next?

And since I'm going to be called a racist for that, I feel it necessary to point out that my family is made up of ALL races, just like this country. I just happen to be white, but my nieces are mixed and I love them very much, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be proud of my heritage.

How is it racist? Politically motivated maybe, but not racist. USA is made up of all races. Why is it so many forget that?

If those hispanics were insulted, then something is wrong. Truly, they should have just joined in the chant, bringing the two schools together instead of ripping them apart. First you're not allowed to be proud to be white, now you're not allowed to be proud to be American, what's next?

And since I'm going to be called a racist for that, I feel it necessary to point out that my family is made up of ALL races, just like this country. I just happen to be white, but my nieces are mixed and I love them very much, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be proud of my heritage.

If you don't see how that could be racially motivated, you're being naive. A predominantly white school, using it as a victory chant against a predominantly hispanic school? When both are US schools? The way it was described in the article, it easily could have been about race.

If you don't see how that could be racially motivated, you're being naive. A predominantly white school, using it as a victory chant against a predominantly hispanic school? When both are US schools? The way it was described in the article, it easily could have been about race.

Define "predominately white". Are you saying that there were NO hispanic students in that school? If so, then you may be right, if not, then it's not racism.

Define "predominately white". Are you saying that there were NO hispanic students in that school? If so, then you may be right, if not, then it's not racism.

The article just says one team had mostly white players while the other was all minority. I can't give any more info. It could be there were no hispanic students involved in the chant, I just don't know.

That's just fucking stupid. They were both American schools, right? There is more than enough real racism in the world (like that fucking douchebag del) without absurd shit like this.

Was the other school a Mexican school, or an American school? Of course, either way it's not 'racist.'

Edison’s team is predominantly Hispanic, said Leslie Price, a spokesperson for the San Antonio ISD.

“The implication as they are not American citizens,” Price told Fox News. “We understand competiveness and rivalry, but you need to choose your words and think about the meaning behind them.”

Price said she believes the “USA, USA” chant was racially motivated.

“It was chanted selectively at a school that is predominantly Hispanic and there was understanding of that,” she said.

Price said the school district was bombarded with a number of people who found the “USA, USA” chant to be “very disrespectful.”

“That might be chanted at international soccer game.”

Gosh – another misleading thread title from the right, how novel.

In this context the chant is clearly inappropriate – to imply that Hispanic Americans are not ‘true Americans,’ there could be no other motive for the chant.

If you don't see how that could be racially motivated, you're being naive.

Agreed. It's quite clear what they were doing.

This chant was in no way racist although some may find it we must keep in mind everything that anything you say will be labeled racist by those who just want somthing to talk about and direct their anger.

God forbid children should show pride in their country and American heritage.

Okay, let me get this straight...the winners chanted USA USA USA but were stopped within about 5 seconds by the coach. The losers were already in the locker room and didn't hear anything. The winners appologized anyway, but the losers, who didn't hear anythinhg say the apology isn't enough. Is that right?

Okay, let me get this straight...the winners chanted USA USA USA but were stopped within about 5 seconds by the coach. The losers were already in the locker room and didn't hear anything. The winners appologized anyway, but the losers, who didn't hear anythinhg say the apology isn't enough. Is that right?

Yes, pretty much, but the losing team was chanting 'Alamo whites...Alamo whites...Alamo whites...' before going to the locker room.

Small detail left out of most stories.... not sure why
:eusa_think:

Forum List

Back