Changing the Voting Age

Where do you think I'm going?

I have already grown fond of some of the people here...especially some of my new playthings on the right. Watching you guys deal with the reality of 2012 is enough motivation for me to stay. Who knows.....maybe I'll learn something.

Now.....excuse me. I gotta go bring some Obama pamphlets to the Humane Society. Got some intelligent breeds over there who might be able to get past a polling staffer.

The first thing you ought to learn is how to use periods in sentences.

You wont be around because you don't have the intellectual chops to hang here and defend your views. I've already posted a video that makes your post a laughingstock. Expect more to follow.

Maybe you are used to dealing with people who don't demand proof of things.

The story and the vid don't show anyone doing anything. They are allegations and have not been substantiated. Was an investigation carried out? What was the result? Where does it say that the person accused was a progressive? Why did you start this line of BS with a plural statement?

You fail. Get used to it.
Pretty funny coming from you, who has failed to provide proof for anything.
You dismissed the allegation as a figment of a poster's imagination. It obviously was more than that.
You ought to be ashamed.

The first thing you ought to learn is how to use periods in sentences.

You wont be around because you don't have the intellectual chops to hang here and defend your views. I've already posted a video that makes your post a laughingstock. Expect more to follow.

The story and the vid don't show anyone doing anything. They are allegations and have not been substantiated. Was an investigation carried out? What was the result? Where does it say that the person accused was a progressive? Why did you start this line of BS with a plural statement?

You dismissed the allegation as a figment of a poster's imagination. It obviously was more than that.
You ought to be ashamed.

You are funny. Do you think progressives bussed in mentally handicapped people to vote and forced them to select Obama? Did the evidence provided convince you of this?

You ought to be ashamed.

You are funny. Do you think progressives bussed in mentally handicapped people to vote and forced them to select Obama? Did the evidence provided convince you of this?

I dont recall ever claiming that. I do recall you claimed there was no basis for this whatsoever. And I showed you were wrong.

You ought to be ashamed.

I dont recall ever claiming that. I do recall you claimed there was no basis for this whatsoever. And I showed you were wrong.

There is no basis for the original claim. Try again.

Are you talking about the posted video or the Black Panther voter-intimidation case?

:eusa_whistle:

If you are considered mature enough to join the military and put your life on the line for the country at 18 then you are old enough to vote.
Achieving a certain age may make on eligible to vote but not necessarily qualified to vote.
I believe a simple, basic 5 question test on civics and government should be a requirement to register for the the vote.
Question one...Name the three branches of the federal government.
Question two....the number of Supreme Court Justices.
Question three. What is the purpose of the US Constitution.
Question four. Name your US House District Representative.
Question five....Name the two US Senators that represent your state of residence..
....To acquire a voter registration card, one must answer 4 of the five questions correctly.
Applicants are given TWO chances to pass.

The best part is Bush totally predicted and claimed that the progressive spending was going to destroy the economy and that there was gong to be problems with housing if something wasn't done.

The progressives that controlled the government at the time pretty much said there was no problem and there was going to be no financial crisis..

This was back in 2006-2007...

What did we get??

Yep...

Now it's republicans fault??

I love how democrats destroy the economy then blame republicans..

The housing bubble only started with Bill fucking Clinton and that racist Al Sharpton with the CRA amendments..

Those fucking amendments allowed forced lending and guess what??? no one paid what they charged and our banking system collapsed..

Want to talk about greed? how about all these shitheads that maxed out a half dozen or so credit cards buying useless shit they knew they couldn't afford?

Wall Street is not responsible for that - first and foremost the ones who ripped off the banks are (the people) and secondly to blame is the government who forced lending in the first place.
Probably the reason why the Occupy Wall Street morons are demanding ALL debt be forgiven. And Probably why we are seeing college grads with huge student loan obligations being interviewed as saying they think they should not have to repay the debt they owe on those loans.
Bunch of God Damned moochers.
:fu:

Why in the world would you people want fewer Americans participating in our democratic process? I wonder...................
You should ask those on your side.
Minorities( heavily democrat voters), College aged( 18-25 year olds (who tend to vote democrat) and white suburban moderates( tend to vote democrat) are the three largest non turn out groups.
Ironically these people also tend to be the least informed of current events and civics. They also are the very people who put Obama in office. Their most frequent response as to why they voted for Obama " I wanted somebody different" Second most popular response. " I wanted to vote for the person who I thought would win the election".

His memory is pretty accurate,

If you wish to challenge it, we would happily entertain your links..............

I have a feeling he won't be around too long.

Where do you think I'm going?

I have already grown fond of some of the people here...especially some of my new playthings on the right. Watching you guys deal with the reality of 2012 is enough motivation for me to stay. Who knows.....maybe I'll learn something.

Now.....excuse me. I gotta go bring some Obama pamphlets to the Humane Society. Got some intelligent breeds over there who might be able to get past a polling staffer.
Did you extricate that soft ball from inside your head?
Pull your bottom lip over your head and swallow.
The reality of 2012 is you lib progressives LOSE and lose BIG.
The idea that the acquisition and retention of political power is a liberal birthright is FALSE.

You ought to be ashamed.

Democrat operatives bribed homeless people with cigarettes to get them to register to vote.
Democrat operatives also bribed minority people with food and other items to get them to register to vote......Both of these groups were "encouraged" to vote for democrats.
Wisconsin Homeless Reportedly Given Free Cigarettes For Gore Votes | CNSnews.com
COUNTING THE VOTE - WISCONSIN - COUNTING THE VOTE - WISCONSIN - G.O.P. in Wisconsin Collects Election Complaints and Considers Asking for a Recount - NYTimes.com

I know this will never happen. But I am 20. And 75% of the people my age should not be allowed to vote. They have no clue about the candidates. They have no clue about the issues. They have no idea what they're voting for. They vote with their @$$. I don't like this.

If your criteria is that the voter should actually INFORMED about who they're voting for then you are definitely in the wrong party. The average Republican voter is THEE most uninformed voter there is.

Political Animal - The ‘most consistently misinformed media viewers’

They should actually LOWER the voting age to 16 bub, not raise it. :cuckoo:

I think a certain comedian-turned-senator explained it best: He pointed to a peer-reviewed study that demonstrated that Rush listeners consider themselves among the most informed, while objective tests show that they are among the least-well informed.

He explains that "psychologists call this phenomenom 'Pseudo-certainty'. i call it being a fucking moron." or something to that effect.

I know this will never happen. But I am 20. And 75% of the people my age should not be allowed to vote. They have no clue about the candidates. They have no clue about the issues. They have no idea what they're voting for. They vote with their @$$. I don't like this.

If your criteria is that the voter should actually INFORMED about who they're voting for then you are definitely in the wrong party. The average Republican voter is THEE most uninformed voter there is.

I think a certain comedian-turned-senator explained it best: He pointed to a peer-reviewed study that demonstrated that Rush listeners consider themselves among the most informed, while objective tests show that they are among the least-well informed.

He explains that "psychologists call this phenomenom 'Pseudo-certainty'. i call it being a fucking moron." or something to that effect.

Isnt that cute.

You know, I have seen competing studies that say both liberals and conservatives suffer from brain damage.

What damages do you boast?

Isnt that cute.

You know, I have seen competing studies that say both liberals and conservatives suffer from brain damage.

What damages do you boast?

THe only damage I boast is to my liver!:)

Certainly, studies have been done demonstrating that both parties are dumber than a box of rocks....and they're probably right!

I know this will never happen. But I am 20. And 75% of the people my age should not be allowed to vote. They have no clue about the candidates. They have no clue about the issues. They have no idea what they're voting for. They vote with their @$$.

So do a lot of 40 year olds. Stupidity and ignorance has no age limit.

Liberals DEPEND on that. They have tried several times to float the idea that 16 year olds should vote.

75% of the people over the age of 30 should be allowed to vote, and no one over the age of 65 should be allowed to vote.

If you are considered mature enough to join the military and put your life on the line for the country at 18 then you are old enough to vote.

Simple solution: Increase the age for military service to 30.

Last edited:
If an intelligence test was necessary for voting we would have very low turn out on election day.

And that would be bad because?

Well, gee I don't know? Maybe because the party in power will be deciding what they mean by intelligence?

But to the point. You want a test? Make an Amendment to the Constitution. Until you do no such test is legal.

Forum List

Back