Changing the meaning of 9/11?

So instead of a day of reflection on what happened, and those that perished on that day in 2001, it's now going to be the "National Day of Service"?

The American Spectator : Obama's Plan to Desecrate 9/11

ARe there really plans to do this to 9/11? A national day of service, or patriots day, or change it to something other than what it is?

If this is for real its total BULL POOP and i highly dissaprove.

a day of service? what kind of crap is that? we need to commemorate it right and have big sales and bbq's and days at the beach like we have for Memorial Day and Veterans Day.

So instead of a day of reflection on what happened, and those that perished on that day in 2001, it's now going to be the "National Day of Service"?

I don't know what the angst is over this?

You seem determined to believe that the BOY King is an American...

Buddy, this herd is about as anti-American as it gets... If it were possible to regenerate Joe Stalin or Nikita Krushev... and if THEY brought the freak Soviet Politboro, we wouldn't be in any worse shape. In fact we'd be in better shape... at least we'd know that the people making the rules are the ENEMY; and those who disagreed would be recognized as sympathizers and subversives...

This is a function of undermining the American fight against Terrorist Islam and the first step towards revising the history of 9-11. The next step will be the investigations into the CIA operations... the most effective anti-terrorist operations in the US system.

It's subversion of the first order... that's all.

This is a function of undermining the American fight against Terrorist Islam and the first step towards revising the history of 9-11.

Let me explain to you the most fundamental principle of American foreign policy: Any country where the people have unpronounceable names can be bombed by the US with impunity. For you Rockwell readers who are a little slow on the uptake, "impunity" means they aren’t allowed to bomb us back. "We called no tag-backs." It hardly qualifies as impunity when they blow up our biggest buildings, now does it? They aren’t playing by the rules.

This is a function of undermining the American fight against Terrorist Islam and the first step towards revising the history of 9-11.

Let me explain to you the most fundamental principle of American foreign policy: Any country where the people have unpronounceable names can be bombed by the US with impunity. For you Rockwell readers who are a little slow on the uptake, "impunity" means they aren’t allowed to bomb us back. "We called no tag-backs." It hardly qualifies as impunity when they blow up our biggest buildings, now does it? They aren’t playing by the rules.
I dont know there are quite a few name I cant pronounce ....

Nothing quite so un-american and evil as trying to encourage people to voluteer to help their fellow Americans.

I do support encouraging people to volunteer, and I personally give a lot of my time to minor sports in our community.

However, this administration using this particular day is purely political, nothing more. I don't know the exact number, but there must be at least 300 other days of the year that would be better suited.

If not for politics, what other reason is there to use this particular day?

Nothing quite so un-american and evil as trying to encourage people to voluteer to help their fellow Americans.

I do support encouraging people to volunteer, and I personally give a lot of my time to minor sports in our community.

However, this administration using this particular day is purely political, nothing more. I don't know the exact number, but there must be at least 300 other days of the year that would be better suited.

If not for politics, what other reason is there to use this particular day?

Bingo... create a 'Volunteers Day' that is in honor of those that contribute their time and efforts, and encouraging others to do the same... pick any RANDOM date... and you will get no argument from me..

But this BULLSHIT is indeed political....

So we should all now serve the State to show our respects.

Gottcha.

9/11 should not be a day of service nor a "patriot day". It should be a day to remember the lives that were lost and the tragedy itself. nothing else.

Forum List

Back