Changed Sidearms Again

No, I mean my grandfather's old one: an Automatic Pistol, Caliber .45, M1911A1 made in the United States by Colt.

When testing, the Army was determined to break the 1911. They shot it until it tied up, then dunked it in a bucket of water and kept shooting. After six thousand rounds, they DID get it to not shoot. The reason was the usual for a Browning design: they used all the available ammunition.

No, I mean my grandfather's old one: an Automatic Pistol, Caliber .45, M1911A1 made in the United States by Colt.

When testing, the Army was determined to break the 1911. They shot it until it tied up, then dunked it in a bucket of water and kept shooting. After six thousand rounds, they DID get it to not shoot. The reason was the usual for a Browning design: they used all the available ammunition.
Gee, some people are too serious....... :D

Browning was a genius, designed some of the best firearms ever made. Oh and the FN Browning Hi-Power was one of the best ever made as well as the Auto-5 and the Model 1910. In Europe the name Browning became synonymous with guns.

The one thing I would be mostly concerned with is possible damage to the firearm's finish, the other is how much pull is needed to release it. While I prefer leather I'll use some nylon OWB or ankle holsters for CC but only because the sidearms I carry are Eastern European surplus and most leather holsters for them are custom made.
You do the Mak? Good guns, solid choice.
I have a CZ52 which I don't carry any more, a CZ82 and a Polish P64. The P64 will fit in my oversized jeans watch pocket so don't need a holster for that one. Love them all but with the P64 I had to replace the #24 main spring with a #19 so my trigger finger wouldn't look like Popeye's arm.......... Makes the pull much easier without making the single action sloppy.

CZ52
1287752437.jpg

CZ82
modified4_1_of_1_copy.jpg

P64
p64.jpg

CZ82 is nice. Buds had them for awhile, but I waited to long.

The one thing I would be mostly concerned with is possible damage to the firearm's finish, the other is how much pull is needed to release it. While I prefer leather I'll use some nylon OWB or ankle holsters for CC but only because the sidearms I carry are Eastern European surplus and most leather holsters for them are custom made.
I have a CZ52 which I don't carry any more, a CZ82 and a Polish P64. The P64 will fit in my oversized jeans watch pocket so don't need a holster for that one. Love them all but with the P64 I had to replace the #24 main spring with a #19 so my trigger finger wouldn't look like Popeye's arm.......... Makes the pull much easier without making the single action sloppy.

CZ52
1287752437.jpg

CZ82

P64
p64.jpg

Try J&G guns. Its on the net and they ship.

I had a Taurus 41mag that was really nice but the "body fit" with the holster and size just did not feel right. So I went to a S&W 38 but I found the grip to be to small. So today I switched to a S&W 357 mag with a 4 inch barrel.

Which means I will be going to a shoulder holster instead of the belt. I got two speed loaders as well. I don't like the nylon holsters, never have. Anyone ever try the magnetic holster? I'm looking at one in leather because leather well oiled is smooth.

For those that do carry with a magnetic holder do you find an issue going "strapless"?

Thanks.
Fury

many of the holsters are very astheticly pleasing and all the ones I have seen are much loved by those who use them. My CCW instructor swears by them. My first CCW gun was a Ruger GP100. Big beefy wheel gun. I wore it OWB in a Yaqui slide. They aren't typically used with wheel guns, but my guy did it. About the only thing I can complain about is if you don't ware a long enough shirt you end up showing everyone what your packing.

Last edited:

CZ52
1287752437.jpg

CZ82

P64
p64.jpg

Try J&G guns. Its on the net and they ship.
That's where I purchased mine years ago, got the P64 from them also.

Forum List

Back