"Change", We Should Not Have Believed In..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cristal, Jul 19, 2009.

1. cristal

cristal Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25
    In the last Presidential election, this country overwhelmingly voted to put Obama into the Whitehouse. However, there were a group of people, who were discerning enough, to see through the haze of fancy words, campaign promises and therefore subsequently voted again him.

Now as it turned out, it appears as if we were right. Obama poll numbers have been sinking faster than The Titanic. His stimulus plan was poorly executed. And he is having trouble selling his heathcare plan. There is growing discontentment with the Obama administration, even within his own party.

Is this starting to be a case of, "I told you so"?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    No, because if you believe McCain or even Palin could do better then this then you're smoking some serious drugs. :eusa_eh:

FYI: The Stimulus plan doesn't even have 1/4 of the money released yet I believe. How can you judge something not even 1/4 done? That would be like saying one baseball team sucks because they're losing in the bottom of the 2nd or something.

Also, Obama is having trouble selling his healthcare plan because many of the Democrats have no idea what they're doing when trying to set this thing up while the party of No/many Democrats/Lobbyists/Insurance Companies/etc do not want any sort of reform health care bill to past.

It's a classic case of special interest vs what needs to be done. I'm willing to bet large amounts of money that those against any sort of real reform in the health care industry is getting "campaign contributions" from many of these companies.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  3. cristal

cristal Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25

McCain and Palin lost the election, because Obama made promises that he did and could not keep. His soaring rhetoric got him elected. Definitely, not his ability to govern.

At least McCain would have been honest and not promised the farm, when all he could have delivered was one tree.

Therefore, during this past election, I ended up putting my money on the honest guy.

4. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,307
    Obamabots will never admit they were wrong. They are far too arrogant, closed-minded and intolerant for that. They'll just keep blaming everything on the Bush Administration even though the Democrats have been in control of Congress since 2007 and Obama is pushing many of the same failed policies that Bush introduced.

5. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    He's not even eight months into his term, again, are you going to judge things not even 1/4 done? We haven't gotten a terrorist attack and he hasn't surrendered this country to the terrorists as many of those on the right (maybe you included) said he would. Obama has gotten a good amount of his promises done so far considering the economical climate.

By the way, McCain/Palin may of had been able to deliver one tree but they would of ended up burning down the forest. :eusa_eh:

6. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Well obviously you can't expect Harry the Cowardly Lion Reid and Pelosi to get much of anything done, never mind run Congress.

Obama does need to stop pushing forth those failed policies that Bush introduced too.

7. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,769
    Yep! I believe it is.. We told em so,, and so and so! "America's chickens are coming home to roost." :lol::lol::lol:

8. cristal

cristal Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Oh yeah! I have heard it all. Bush may have made mistakes, but the reason that Obama got elected, was he promised that he will fix it. So, it becomes Obama's mess.

We are simply holding his feet to the fire.

9. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    "What you see in FDR..... umm that I hope my team can emulate..... Is not always getting it right, but projecting a sense of confidence..." -- Barack Obama

Projecting a sense of confidence is exactly what all con men do. This is why they are called con men. They are masters of the confidence game. When the Marks lose confidence, the con loses the Marks.

10. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,769

no,, he sent them on vacation to some south sea Island! damn,, the pain! they cannot stand it.. :lol::lol::lol: