"Change", We Should Not Have Believed In..

cristal

Aug 29, 2008
In the last Presidential election, this country overwhelmingly voted to put Obama into the Whitehouse. However, there were a group of people, who were discerning enough, to see through the haze of fancy words, campaign promises and therefore subsequently voted again him.

Now as it turned out, it appears as if we were right. Obama poll numbers have been sinking faster than The Titanic. His stimulus plan was poorly executed. And he is having trouble selling his heathcare plan. There is growing discontentment with the Obama administration, even within his own party.

Is this starting to be a case of, "I told you so"?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
No, because if you believe McCain or even Palin could do better then this then you're smoking some serious drugs. :eusa_eh:

FYI: The Stimulus plan doesn't even have 1/4 of the money released yet I believe. How can you judge something not even 1/4 done? That would be like saying one baseball team sucks because they're losing in the bottom of the 2nd or something.

Also, Obama is having trouble selling his healthcare plan because many of the Democrats have no idea what they're doing when trying to set this thing up while the party of No/many Democrats/Lobbyists/Insurance Companies/etc do not want any sort of reform health care bill to past.

It's a classic case of special interest vs what needs to be done. I'm willing to bet large amounts of money that those against any sort of real reform in the health care industry is getting "campaign contributions" from many of these companies.

Last edited:
No, because if you believe McCain or even Palin could do better then this then you're smoking some serious drugs. :eusa_eh:

McCain and Palin lost the election, because Obama made promises that he did and could not keep. His soaring rhetoric got him elected. Definitely, not his ability to govern.

At least McCain would have been honest and not promised the farm, when all he could have delivered was one tree.

Therefore, during this past election, I ended up putting my money on the honest guy.

In the last Presidential election, this country overwhelmingly voted to put Obama into the Whitehouse. However, there were a group of people, who were discerning enough, to see through the haze of fancy words, campaign promises and therefore subsequently voted again him.

Now as it turned out, it appears as if we were right. Obama poll numbers have been sinking faster than The Titanic. His stimulus plan was poorly executed. And he is having trouble selling his heathcare plan. There is growing discontentment with the Obama administration, even within his own party.

Obamabots will never admit they were wrong. They are far too arrogant, closed-minded and intolerant for that. They'll just keep blaming everything on the Bush Administration even though the Democrats have been in control of Congress since 2007 and Obama is pushing many of the same failed policies that Bush introduced.

McCain and Palin lost the election, because Obama made promises that he did and could not keep. His soaring rhetoric got him elected. Definitely, not his ability to govern.

At least McCain would have been honest and not promised the farm, when all he could have delivered was one tree.

Therefore, during this past election, I ended up putting my money on the honest guy.

He's not even eight months into his term, again, are you going to judge things not even 1/4 done? We haven't gotten a terrorist attack and he hasn't surrendered this country to the terrorists as many of those on the right (maybe you included) said he would. Obama has gotten a good amount of his promises done so far considering the economical climate.

By the way, McCain/Palin may of had been able to deliver one tree but they would of ended up burning down the forest. :eusa_eh:

Obamabots will never admit they were wrong. They are far too arrogant, closed-minded and intolerant for that. They'll just keep blaming everything on the Bush Administration even though the Democrats have been in control of Congress since 2007 and Obama is pushing many of the same failed policies that Bush introduced.

Well obviously you can't expect Harry the Cowardly Lion Reid and Pelosi to get much of anything done, never mind run Congress.

Obama does need to stop pushing forth those failed policies that Bush introduced too.

Yep! I believe it is.. We told em so,, and so and so! "America's chickens are coming home to roost." :lol::lol::lol:

Oh yeah! I have heard it all. Bush may have made mistakes, but the reason that Obama got elected, was he promised that he will fix it. So, it becomes Obama's mess.

We are simply holding his feet to the fire.

"What you see in FDR..... umm that I hope my team can emulate..... Is not always getting it right, but projecting a sense of confidence..." -- Barack Obama

Projecting a sense of confidence is exactly what all con men do. This is why they are called con men. They are masters of the confidence game. When the Marks lose confidence, the con loses the Marks.

He's not even eight months into his term, again, are you going to judge things not even 1/4 done? We haven't gotten a terrorist attack and he hasn't surrendered this country to the terrorists as many of those on the right (maybe you included) said he would. Obama has gotten a good amount of his promises done so far considering the economical climate.

By the way, McCain/Palin may of had been able to deliver one tree but they would of ended up burning down the forest. :eusa_eh:

no,, he sent them on vacation to some south sea Island! damn,, the pain! they cannot stand it.. :lol::lol::lol:

Obama said that he was going to fix it in 6 months. It has been 6 months. Foreclosures are at its worst and over 2 million jobs have been lost, since the stimulus bill was signed.

That my friend is not progress. It is an abject failure.

Last edited:
Obama said that he was going to fix it in 6 months. It has been 6 months. Foreclosures are at its worst and over 2 million jobs have been lost, since the stimulus bill was signed.

This is what happens when you listen to McCain too much. :eusa_eh:

Can you give me a direct quote of Obama saying he's going to fix "it" (I assume the economy) in 6 months? Otherwise, I call bullshit. :eusa_eh:

Also, I'd like some links for the fact that Foreclosures are at their worst and over 2 million jobs have been lost since the stimulus bill had been signed.

Last edited:
Obama does need to stop pushing forth those failed policies that Bush introduced too.
He actually promised he would abandon "the failed policies of the past."

So far, he has embraced the past failed policies of:

1. The "European Model"
  2. Canadian-style health care
  3. FDR's failed policies
  4. Carternomics
  5. Carter-style foreign policy

And many more.

"Change" apparently meant, trying old, failed policies again.

1. The "European Model"
  3. FDR's failed policies
  4. Carternomics

And many more.

Canadian-style health care is alot better then American-style health care. I could care less about waiting to see a doctor if it means in the other system I'm healthy but I'm in so much debt I'm better off dead. :eusa_eh:

Also, which FDR failed policies?

Can to explain further on the Carter ones? Carter-style foreign policy?

And of course the European model?

I'd be willing to agree with you Midnight if I see proficient evidence but you're simply making up terms as you go or so it seems.

Honest Dems are admitting their mistake in my circles.Most Reps knew exactly what he had planned but too many decent people were swayed by the slobbering of the press. I think the poll numbers demonstrate their remorse. Question is - will it make a difference in 2012 and what will the country look like by then? Scary thoughts.

1. The "European Model"
  3. FDR's failed policies
  4. Carternomics

And many more.

Canadian-style health care is alot better then American-style health care. I could care less about waiting to see a doctor if it means in the other system I'm healthy but I'm in so much debt I'm better off dead. :eusa_eh:That why a lady member of the Canadian Parliament came to the US to receive treatment for her breast cancer???? Wellisithuh? :lol:

I'd be willing to agree with you Midnight if I see proficient evidence but you're simply making up terms as you go or so it seems.

:eusa_whistle:

This is what happens when you listen to McCain too much. :eusa_eh:

Can you give me a direct quote of Obama saying he's going to fix "it" (I assume the economy) in 6 months? Otherwise, I call bullshit. :eusa_eh:

Also, I'd like some links for the fact that Foreclosures are at their worst and over 2 million jobs have been lost since the stimulus bill had been signed.

Go to CNN.politics.com. I just looked at it and it again and it said that once the check was signed, we will see a turn around of the economy almost immediately.

And no. I do not have to listen to McCain. I can just look at my friends who are suffering from job losses.

And by the way, I work in personnel and privy to the hundreds of resumes applying for jobs which pays well below their college degrees.

So you see, I am a spectator to this failing economy, every single day

FYI: The Stimulus plan doesn't even have 1/4 of the money released yet I believe. How can you judge something not even 1/4 done? That would be like saying one baseball team sucks because they're losing in the bottom of the 2nd or something.

Also, Obama is having trouble selling his healthcare plan because many of the Democrats have no idea what they're doing when trying to set this thing up while the party of No/many Democrats/Lobbyists/Insurance Companies/etc do not want any sort of reform health care bill to past.

It's a classic case of special interest vs what needs to be done. I'm willing to bet large amounts of money that those against any sort of real reform in the health care industry is getting "campaign contributions" from many of these companies.

No it's more like, Obama is having trouble selling his healthcare plan because he is full of shit when he says you can keep your current plan. He isn't telling you the whole story. The legislation stated it would be illegal to write private insurance policies after the date the legislation goes into effect. In other words, if you aren't on an employer sponsored plan you have no other options other than the government plan. And best of all, if you don't sign on to that wonderful government plan, the IRS will be on your ass to penalize you.

Biden already has made statements saying he knows some of the stimulus money has already been misappropriated. Waste and theft is rampant in all government agencies. The faces may have changed, but the practices will remain the same.

Last edited:

1. The "European Model"
  3. FDR's failed policies
  4. Carternomics

And many more.

Canadian-style health care is alot better then American-style health care. I could care less about waiting to see a doctor if it means in the other system I'm healthy but I'm in so much debt I'm better off dead. :eusa_eh:

The Canadian system is a failure. It is rationed, it does not serve the people. Folks waiting months for simple procedures? For pain medication? No thanks. The strawman that "our system is broken" is alarmist and exaggerated.

FDR: His massive spending extended the Great Depression probably ten years, according to the majority of non-partisan economists.

Carter-style foreign policy? Going around the world, apologizing to other nations? Gutting the military budget? Hell, study. There's two kinds of people in the world Robert -- those who remember the Carter years and those such as you, who are about to live them.

The "European Model" is Obama's term for anything he wants to copy that Europe has tried, from economic to foreign policy, to energy. The ONLY European Model he doesn't seem to want to embrace is the only one of theirs that actually works, their nuclear power program.

Can you name me ONE original idea of his own, Obama's ever had? Of course not.

Willow, I know you're a fucking idiot so I try not to bother going down to your level of stupidity. Do you even know the way Canadian health care works?

I think you ALL seem to be forgetting a simple fact. The Health Care option on the table at the moment is optional. Of course, if the Canadian Parli member can afford getting treated for something right way then go right ahead.

However, we're talking about insurance of the nearly 40 million who don't have ANY sort of insurance vs the Canadian health care plan.

And if you seriously think no insurance is better then you are :cuckoo:

New Topics

Forum List

Back