Change? or Ambition?

MartaK

Sep 4, 2008
I think this memoir quote shows his true colors better than last night's drama:

"I didn't decide to run for President to start a national crusade for the political reforms I believed in or to run a campaign as if it were some grand act of patriotism. In truth, I wanted to be President because it had become my ambition to be President. I was sixty-two years old when I made the decision and I thought it was my one shot at the prize."

-Senator John McCain
Excerpt from his book: "Worth the Fighting For: A Memoir" (2002)

Read it again, slowly. He thought if he was going to do it, that it would be his last chance. It's written in English, I believe. Once again, you guys showing your inability to comprehend the language.

Read it again, slowly. He thought if he was going to do it, that it would be his last chance. It's written in English, I believe. Once again, you guys showing your inability to comprehend the language.
No, it actually says he wants to do it because of ambition. He's power mad, basically.

And Obama just wants it because he wants to save the world. No ambition there.

The difference being that McCain has actually shown he's interested in making the country a good place, and recognizes it as a wonderful place. Whereas Obama hates the US and wants to make it worse.

I know which way you swing.

In truth, I wanted to be President because it had become my ambition to be President.

Right there, Ali. Not to hard to read as you pointed out to the other poster.

I don't think Obama has ever said it quite that blatantly.

Once again, what's wrong with ambition, and are you claiming Obama is without it? Mr. Green Pillar Man? Who was sporting a presidential seal months before he even got the party nomination (before it was determined that was a LITTLE presumptuous)...

And I respect anyone who tells the truth, instead of lying behind little lies and half truths about really wanting "change" and wanting to help the people. Obama's #1 priority from the time he started grooming terrorists, racists and criminals in Chicago has been to make it to the presidency. That's the only prize he's ever eyeballed.

Give me a guy who's lived a life of service and decides he wants to take it to the top, instead of a man who has done obligatory service BECAUSE he wants to get to the top.

Hmm, so he's not doing it for reform, so he lied in his speech about change, and he's not doing it for love for or devotion to his country. He's doing it just cos he fancied being prez :eek:

Ali, you just don't see the forest for the bees.

You asked one thing and when that was answered in a way you didn't like, you went in another direction.

No one who runs for president is without ambition. But your hero, Sir Mumbles McCain stated that he wanted it simply for wanting it.

Anyone can do that...

"I decided to run for president because the American people are entirely to incompetent to realize what I actually stand for. If Carter could do it, so can I."

-Senator Barack Obama
Excerpt from his book: "The Audacity of Hope" (2006)

Forum List

Back