Change of Command

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Today a colleague from work left our division to assume command of an Air Combat Squadren. I was able to take pics, but the lighting was very harsh. I managed a few decent shots - saved 53 out of 191. Here are just a few.

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

I'm loving the boots. Original subject, not something you usually see. Also, I just like things lined up in rows. :)

Thank you dmp.
Wonderful pictures....
May God bless our troops....And I thank them All....:salute:

Thanks folks -

Durring the Federally-sponsored-endorsed Invocation, the Chaplain concluded her prayer like this:

"Thank you Father, for all you do - and EVERYONE Said..."

I was about to say "Amen" when the troups errupted in a unified voice:

"...GOD BLESS THE CAV!!!"

:D

Thanks folks -

Durring the Federally-sponsored-endorsed Invocation, the Chaplain concluded her prayer like this:

"Thank you Father, for all you do - and EVERYONE Said..."

I was about to say "Amen" when the troups errupted in a unified voice:

"...GOD BLESS THE CAV!!!"

:D

:thewave:

Awesome Pics dude.
Best wishes and congrats to the new CO as well.

I couldn't help but snicker at the mixed uniforms (that would be woodlands and the copycat digitals :cof: ). Had that been a Marine parade everyone would have been identically garbed down to the field gear. And woe unto the young one that didn't have his boots laced left over right.

Got a question though. I noticed the Cavalry covers interspaced among the berets. I thought the Army adopted the beret as a single armywide requirement and banned all the individual/unit headgear? Your folks with Cavalry covers do anything special to rate them, like a particular billet or anything?

Awesome pics. Many cool points.

Awesome Pics dude.
Best wishes and congrats to the new CO as well.

Thanks! :)

I couldn't help but snicker at the mixed uniforms (that would be woodlands and the copycat digitals :cof: ). Had that been a Marine parade everyone would have been identically garbed down to the field gear. And woe unto the young one that didn't have his boots laced left over right.

The problem is money and assignments. Soldiers only get issues digital BDU for when scheduled for deployment. Those in woodland likely have not been deployed, so were not issued orders for the newer uniforms. I believe the woodland uniform is being phased out; thus it's not as easy as those w/ Digitals to simply go buy Woodland uniforms - keep in mind, only initial issue of uniforms is FREE. To ask people w/ digital BDU to go out and buy/find Woodland pattern is unreasonable. :)

re: Lacing boots - The Army hires in a bunch of Marines to lace their boots for them, so they don't have to worry :)

:poke: :)

Got a question though. I noticed the Cavalry covers interspaced among the berets. I thought the Army adopted the beret as a single armywide requirement and banned all the individual/unit headgear? Your folks with Cavalry covers do anything special to rate them, like a particular billet or anything?

Those stetsons are only for wear during special events and ceremonies, such as a Change of Command, or Ball, etc. They, and the spurs, are to link the current Cav with it's roots. :)

Ahh, gotta love the stetson and spurs of the Cav. The last bastion of non-politicorrectness in the Army. I've been to the change of command of the 101st Airborne, and watched my dad participate in a fly-by during it. I was too young to really understand the significance of it, but I did love the entire division standing in line formation, like a bunch of toy soldiers.

Also, is cavalry allowed to carry sabres? If yes, is that just in dress uniforms?

Forum List

Back