Change Is HAPPENING!

Mr. Shaman

May 4, 2010
"Washington has fallen in love with "comprehensive reform" -- legislation aimed at solving all aspects of a big problem in one dramatic and history-making move.

We saw it with health care. Now comprehensive financial regulatory reform has passed in the House, with a Senate vote expected soon. Up next may come energy legislation, following President Obama's Oval Office speech last month proclaiming a new "national mission" to wean America off fossil fuels. Comprehensive immigration reform, which failed back in 2007, waits in the wings, with the president calling for such an effort in a July 1 address. And a push for comprehensive fiscal reform will surely come on the heels of the recommendations this fall from Obama's deficit commission.

Instead of striding boldly into the future, we should grope our way cautiously forward, ever ready to back up upon encountering an obstacle and always prepared to consider an alternative path if the road is blocked, or to abandon the effort and simply live with frustration if there is no way ahead. Instead of aspiring to achieve irrevocable, comprehensive reform by the second Monday of next month, let's consider reforms that are piecemeal and reversible if we discover they do not work.

Today's financial reformers would do well to remember that Franklin Roosevelt's administration dealt with financial regulation in numerous bills over several years. The 1933 Glass-Steagall Act was modified by the 1935 Banking Act; the Securities Act of 1933, which required public disclosure of corporate information to shareholders, was followed by the 1934 Securities Exchange Act, which created the Securities and Exchange Commission. So even during the Great Depression, financial regulations were assembled piece by piece, not all at once.

Obama and Congress can learn even more from FDR, whose accomplishments were the result more of ceaseless trial and error than of all-or-nothing reform. "The country needs and, unless I mistake its temper, the country demands bold, persistent experimentation," he declared during the 1932 campaign. "It is common sense to take a method and try it: If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something."

Whew! Hard TIMES are comin' for "conservatives"; variation....risk....tryin' something NEW!

judgment_day_terror.jpg

We Libs/Progressives need to start carrrying-around flasks of Scotch.....to help 'em thru The Process; consider ourselves Corpsmen of The New Millennium!!!!

Last edited:
"Washington has fallen in love with "comprehensive reform" -- legislation aimed at solving all aspects of a big problem in one dramatic and history-making move.

We saw it with health care. Now comprehensive financial regulatory reform has passed in the House, with a Senate vote expected soon. Up next may come energy legislation, following President Obama's Oval Office speech last month proclaiming a new "national mission" to wean America off fossil fuels. Comprehensive immigration reform, which failed back in 2007, waits in the wings, with the president calling for such an effort in a July 1 address. And a push for comprehensive fiscal reform will surely come on the heels of the recommendations this fall from Obama's deficit commission.

Instead of striding boldly into the future, we should grope our way cautiously forward, ever ready to back up upon encountering an obstacle and always prepared to consider an alternative path if the road is blocked, or to abandon the effort and simply live with frustration if there is no way ahead. Instead of aspiring to achieve irrevocable, comprehensive reform by the second Monday of next month, let's consider reforms that are piecemeal and reversible if we discover they do not work.

Today's financial reformers would do well to remember that Franklin Roosevelt's administration dealt with financial regulation in numerous bills over several years. The 1933 Glass-Steagall Act was modified by the 1935 Banking Act; the Securities Act of 1933, which required public disclosure of corporate information to shareholders, was followed by the 1934 Securities Exchange Act, which created the Securities and Exchange Commission. So even during the Great Depression, financial regulations were assembled piece by piece, not all at once.

Obama and Congress can learn even more from FDR, whose accomplishments were the result more of ceaseless trial and error than of all-or-nothing reform. "The country needs and, unless I mistake its temper, the country demands bold, persistent experimentation," he declared during the 1932 campaign. "It is common sense to take a method and try it: If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something."

Whew! Hard TIMES are comin' for "conservatives"; variation....risk....tryin' something NEW!

judgment_day_terror.jpg

We Libs/Progressives need to start carrrying-around flasks of Scotch.....to help 'em thru The Process.​

Diet Coke for me, thanks.

And you better get to it. You've only got 3 months to get whatever done that you want. After that, gridlock.

WE need reform of our financial system.

It's predatory.

I expect nothing but cosmetic changes to happen though.

judgment_day_terror.jpg

We Libs/Progressives need to start carrrying-around flasks of Scotch.....to help 'em thru The Process.​

Diet Coke for me, thanks.

And you better get to it. You've only got 3 months to get whatever done that you want. After that, gridlock.

Take two o' these, every 12 hours....

valium%2010mg.jpg

....and, call us in 2012.

It's The Traditional Thing to do!!

valium-medicine.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfGYSHy1jQs[/ame]​

Last edited:
I've never seen a group of people so starved for Big Government control over their lives. Progressives would be the folks in 1937 praising the Big Government movement in Germany. They would be the current people in Cuba and Venezuela praising the efforts of Castro and Chavez. You people are cowards and true parasites to our free society.

I can only hope that you libs will half as understanding when the pendulum swings and a very pro-active conservative agenda starts rolling. Meantime, enjoy your majorities while you have them. There is nothing better for the Republican party than Democrat majorities.

50 years from now, the rabid supporters of Barack Obama will be some sort of case study in a sociology and psychology department. The level of fanatical brainwashing these people have come under is truly worth a government grant for university and clinical level study.

Not comparing Obama to a nazi at all (not fair or even rational), but I do compare the level of fanatical idol worship some Germans had for Hitler to the same fanatical idol worship some progressives have for Obama. As the situation grows worse, their passionate worship of him grows stronger.

I've never seen a group of people so starved for Big Government control over their lives. Progressives would be the folks in 1937 praising the Big Government movement in Germany. They would be the current people in Cuba and Venezuela praising the efforts of Castro and Chavez. You people are cowards and true parasites to our free society.

So you like the fact 1% of population has more wealth than everyone else combined? You like that fact these banks can control our economy, and large corporations keep moving our jobs out of the country?
YOu are a parasite to the working class.

So you like the fact 1% of population has more wealth than everyone else combined? You like that fact these banks can control our economy, and large corporations keep moving our jobs out of the country?

Jobs will leave the country no matter who the president is.

This is not relative to anything useful, and all it does is poison one's soul to dwell on it.

What anyone else is got is never relavant. What you can do for yourself is the only statistic.

This is not relative to anything useful, and all it does is poison one's soul to dwell on it.

What anyone else is got is never relavant. What you can do for yourself is the only statistic.

Say that when they move your job over seas.

YOu do have a point. Presidents, including Obama keep kissing their asses and let them get away with turning our counrty into a third world country.

Happened to me before. I didn't like it.

But getting screwed in the ass by the boss does not change the reality that people could get shoes cheaper from Indonesia than they could from Oregon. I don't like it when I have to pay extra for my shirts, so I don't get to whine about it when other people do that with their shoes.

My next job was a lot better, a lot more fun, and lacked the perpetual terror of fashions.

How other people live is only of casual interest to me. I am responsible for my own fate.

As long as we encourage business to invest overseas, they will do so and jobs will follow.

As long as we encourage business to invest overseas, they will do so and jobs will follow.

Agreed. and both will continue to occur.

Forum List

Back