Change! Black boxes in cars may soon be mandatory

Yeah well you the Aussie girl should just shut up about it. You don't live here. You're not an American. You are excluded from having an opinion. We don't give a shit how you do things in your country, why do you concern yourself with our business?

You know what-- I had just thanked your next post because it, and the rest of this one, make good points. But after reading this line I took it away. You blow the head off your own credibility when you start announcing that your opinion is the only one that matters with xenophobic paranoia. Even if you're right, that's wrong, it makes everything that follows look stupid and undermines the position.

they didn't even bitch this much when drugs testing was impliminted, but rwer's claim they are for individual freedoms.

Umm..if you owned a business would it not be a concern for people showing up for work under the influence of drugs?
Kids showing up to school high as a kite?
Apples to oranges straw man argument. Does't wash here.

Yeah well you the Aussie girl should just shut up about it. You don't live here. You're not an American. You are excluded from having an opinion. We don't give a shit how you do things in your country, why do you concern yourself with our business?

You know what-- I had just thanked your next post because it, and the rest of this one, make good points. But after reading this line I took it away. You blow the head off your own credibility when you start announcing that your opinion is the only one that matters with xenophobic paranoia. Even if you're right, that's wrong, it makes everything that follows look stupid and undermines the position.

No...Think about it. What business is it of a citizen of another country how we conduct our affairs.
Is it ok with you to have your neighbor mind your business for you?
I did not state that MY opinion is the only one that matters. I state the opinion of a foreign national did not matter.
Big difference. From now on , be advised..I neither want nor need your approval of my posts.

No...Think about it. What business is it of a citizen of another country how we conduct our affairs.
I did not state that MY opinion is the only one that matters. I state the opinion of a foreign national did not matter.
Big difference. From now on , be advised..I neither want nor need your approval of my posts.

I neither know nor care what you approve of. I'm just telling you how you've shot your own point in the foot before you started. If we weren't already on the same side of that point, I might just let you sacrifice it.

And yes, of course my neighbors do mind my business, and I return the favor, and that's by design. No man is an island.

Never was my signature line more appropriate...

How will people like it when their auto insurance rates rise or speeding tickets are sent your way based on gathered driving data gleamed from these little devices?

NTS loves the idea. No surprise there.

You just hit on exactly why the government won't be forcing it... car insurers will get there first.

How will people like it when their auto insurance rates rise or speeding tickets are sent your way based on gathered driving data gleamed from these little devices?

NTS loves the idea. No surprise there.

Go buy Progressive Insurance

Flo-and-Snapshot.jpg

I guess you miss the difference where the Progressive monitor is a voluntary device, where with a built in black box, the monitoring may be made mandatory via law.

Give me one I can unplug at will, then fine, It can be installed in the car I buy.

It's voluntary for now, but what reason do you have to believe that will be the case long-term?

Go buy Progressive Insurance

Flo-and-Snapshot.jpg

I guess you miss the difference where the Progressive monitor is a voluntary device, where with a built in black box, the monitoring may be made mandatory via law.

Give me one I can unplug at will, then fine, It can be installed in the car I buy.

It's voluntary for now, but what reason do you have to believe that will be the case long-term?

Precious little. ACA has gives us that realization, if nothing else.

Car Black Boxes Raise Privacy Concerns

Since Obama is prez this will be okay, right? Remember the hissies libs threw over libraries and the patriot act?

Well, they have them on planes, don't they? They can help find the answers to why a plane crashed and what actions were taken by the pilot to correct the situation.

What is wrong with having them in cars? Someone crashes, the box could provide the answers as to whether the driver was speeding, had their seat belt off, etc. It could be a great help. Screw privacy, I don't think privacy matters here.

Seig Heil scumbag.

Yes but now the government wants to go much further. The tracking of vehicle movements as means to levy taxes and God knows what else these pricks want to do.
The danger is, when no one is willing to watch the watchers.
If the watchers know they are not being watched, it is the same as possessing absolute power.

Hey Stupid......................got any proof that this is going to happen?
I am attempting to have a civil discussion and because you don't like my point of view , you decide an insult is necessary...
Now, who is stupid? Just asking.
Look, if you don't want an opposing viewpoint put me on ignore.

No, you're not trying to have a civil discussion, you're spewing your conspiracy theory paranoia all over this thread.

Like I said...................Hey Stupid...............got any proof this is going to happen, or is it all a delusion of your fevered mind?

Still think it's funny how so many of you are obsessed with the idea of government(s) requiring this, when it's far more likely insurance companies will do so.

Still think it's funny how so many of you are obsessed with the idea of government(s) requiring this, when it's far more likely insurance companies will do so.

Well ain't that special? Isn't insurance the guberments business now?

Which isn't a problem unless we are required to do business with them. Can you finally put the pieces together now?

I neither know nor care what you approve of. I'm just telling you how you've shot your own point in the foot before you started. If we weren't already on the same side of that point, I might just let you sacrifice it.

And yes, of course my neighbors do mind my business, and I return the favor, and that's by design. No man is an island.

"just telling"..Excuses you of nothing.
You have an opinion. Fine.
I have the facts on my side. You are simply emoting.
If wish to telegraph your every move and advertise your affairs, feel free to do so. Don't you dare I demand I do the same.

If wish to telegraph your every move and advertise your affairs, feel free to do so. Don't you dare I demand I do the same.

Wooooo :):shaking::)... Here ya go Brainiac, the "facts on your side" that I brought up was this:

See any "facts" in there?

Me neither.

"Excluded from having an opinion"... :rofl: Can't make this shit up.

Wooooo :):shaking::)... Here ya go Brainiac, the "facts on your side" that I brought up was this:

See any "facts" in there?

Me neither.

"Excluded from having an opinion"... :rofl: Can't make this shit up.

Hey rocket scientist, you should read instead of trying the Knight in shining armor routine.
Did the OP from Australia ask you to step in for her?
Once again mr emotion, I stated very clearly that since the OP is NOT an American, her opinion of American issues did not matter. THAT is a fact.
Case fucking closed.

Which isn't a problem unless we are required to do business with them. Can you finally put the pieces together now?

You're required to have liability insurance to drive a car because of the damage you could do to other drivers. That's perfectly reasonable.

You're required to have liability insurance to drive a car because of the damage you could do to other drivers. That's perfectly reasonable.

I don't think it's reasonable at all. If for no other reason than the precedent is sets, which is now being used to justify the same kind of corporatism at the national level for health insurance. How many more of our basic rights will we give up in the name of state security (ie corporate profits)?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back