Change! Black boxes in cars may soon be mandatory

They push it as a "safety concern" but it's all just a way to track, surveil and tax us all.

But hey, That Freedom Right? That's America!

If you wear a tin foil hat, the black boxes will not be able to read your thoughts

If you wear a tin foil hat, the black boxes will not be able to read your thoughts

So do you want a recording device placed in your vehicle?
I don't give a shit

As long as it isn't recording the stupid songs I sing while I am driving

Sky Rockets in flight..........
Do you have an iPhone? Maybe an Android? They're ALREADY listening to you via FCC Act of 1996.

Speaking of rockets:

Cars get tracked.
Drone Strike ordered on Car.
Gov't says they were "Suspect Militants".
No investigation.
Dumbed down Americans cheer footage of Drone Strike in say, Kentucky.

"That's Freedom! That's America!"

Coming to an American City near you!:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PjR8v1njsg"]Hunter Killer Drone Strike - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Well it seems you folks didn't mind when ol Bush started listening through our phone calls and reading our email.

Didja?

Where did you think that was gonna stop, eh?

anyone monitoring my phone calls or reading my email is going to be very very bored.

Someone knowing how fast I drive is going to cost me money. Or make me drive at the speed limit and thus need to kill people.

I don't give a shit

As long as it isn't recording the stupid songs I sing while I am driving

Sky Rockets in flight..........
Do you have an iPhone? Maybe an Android? They're ALREADY listening to you via FCC Act of 1996.

Speaking of rockets:

Cars get tracked.
Drone Strike ordered on Car.
Gov't says they were "Suspect Militants".
No investigation.
Dumbed down Americans cheer footage of Drone Strike in say, Kentucky.

"That's Freedom! That's America!"

Coming to an American City near you!:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PjR8v1njsg"]Hunter Killer Drone Strike - YouTube[/ame]

Shit...That was SO Cool

I love drones....silent death from above

Terrorize the terrorists....doesn't get any better than that

How will people like it when their auto insurance rates rise or speeding tickets are sent your way based on gathered driving data gleamed from these little devices?

NTS loves the idea. No surprise there.

How will people like it when their auto insurance rates rise or speeding tickets are sent your way based on gathered driving data gleamed from these little devices?

Go buy Progressive Insurance

Flo-and-Snapshot.jpg

Last edited:

Flo-and-Snapshot.jpg

I guess you miss the difference where the Progressive monitor is a voluntary device, where with a built in black box, the monitoring may be made mandatory via law.

Give me one I can unplug at will, then fine, It can be installed in the car I buy.

]

I guess you miss the difference where the Progressive monitor is a voluntary device, where with a built in black box, the monitoring may be made mandatory via law.

Give me one I can unplug at will, then fine, It can be installed in the car I buy.

It could work to your advantage in an accident and prove that your driving was not at fault. It could also be used to contradict eyewitnesses who claim you were speeding or reckless

I trust my own driving and would like to have the evidence supporting me

]

It could work to your advantage in an accident and prove that your driving was not at fault. It could also be used to contradict eyewitnesses who claim you were speeding or reckless

Thats your choice. Notice the word choice. If its an optional item, then yippie. The second the DMV's make it manatory I'm going to limit my purchases to cars that are "grandfathered" in.

Thats your choice. Notice the word choice. If its an optional item, then yippie. The second the DMV's make it manatory I'm going to limit my purchases to cars that are "grandfathered" in.

DMV doesn't have to make it mandatory

It just takes your insurance company to say they won't cover your car unless it has a recording device to provide additional evidence at accidents

If you want to limit yourself to driving jallopies to stick it to big brother...that is your choice

DMV doesn't have to make it mandatory

It just takes your insurance company to say they won't cover your car unless it has a recording device to provide additional evidence at accidents

If you want to limit yourself to driving jallopies to stick it to big brother...that is your choice

If that happens there will be insurance companies that will cover you without it. I'd have to pay a premium, but a bit of extra money is worth my sanity. If had to do 65 in a 65 and 50 in a 50 I would go nuts.

Oh noes they comin' for us!

Cars already have black boxes. Buy a 69' chevy if you don't like it. Oh wait...you gotta have your GPS and bluetooth and all the other shit that uses a COMPUTER.

Car Black Boxes Raise Privacy Concerns

Since Obama is prez this will be okay, right? Remember the hissies libs threw over libraries and the patriot act?

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) first began studying Event Data Recorders (EDR) in 1998, during the Clinton administration. That study eventually culminated in a ruling (49 CFR Part 563) which standardized the recorders and the events they recorded in 2006, during the Bush administration. At the time of that ruling, NHTSA declined to make the installation of EDR's mandatory as they expected 85% of vehicles to have them by 2010. However, they promised to revisit that issue if voluntary installation did not meet their goal.

The point of all this is to once again point out to the Obamaphobes that Barack Obama is not solely responsible for everything you don't like.

Forum List

Back