Change baseball

I enjoy baseball, either on the television or being there in the ball park.

Each time I go to the ballpark, I try to get a seat behind home plate, because the view from there gives me the best overall perspective of the game.

Why does TV show the game from the the angle where the primary view is the pitcher's ass?

Put a camera or two behind home plate.

I actually think the worst perspective is right behind the plate. No perception of depth. I like the front row of the upper deck, but I understand why people like to be closer to the action.

When I was buying season tickets I started thinking i wanted seats directly behind home plate. The depth perception sucked so bad I ended up getting seats, second level up front on the 3rd base line. I think it's the best view.

I enjoy baseball, either on the television or being there in the ball park.

Each time I go to the ballpark, I try to get a seat behind home plate, because the view from there gives me the best overall perspective of the game.

Why does TV show the game from the the angle where the primary view is the pitcher's ass?

Put a camera or two behind home plate.

I actually think the worst perspective is right behind the plate. No perception of depth. I like the front row of the upper deck, but I understand why people like to be closer to the action.

When I was buying season tickets I started thinking i wanted seats directly behind home plate. The depth perception sucked so bad I ended up getting seats, second level up front on the 3rd base line. I think it's the best view.

Sitting behind home plate you get an appreciation of the speed of a major league fastball. You can also get your mug on TV

I like baseball :thewave:

I'm a Tigers fan. Baseball is tough to love at present. Lack on situational hitting and plate discipline is driving me...

bananas_logo.jpg

I was out at a local watering hole the other night with my lovely wife and of course there was a baseball game on the TVs in the bar.

Now most of you know that I don't waste my time watching pampered overpaid athletes on the idiot box but I couldn't escape it.

As I watched some of the game I realized that baseball has got to be the most boring game on the planet.

I watched as the pitcher took about 5 minutes to throw the ball. The hitter swung, missed then had to walk around for a few minutes, fix his gloves, tap his shoes with the bat then take a few swings all just to wait a few more minutes for the pitcher to throw another ball.

It was agonizing.

IMO Baseball should be put on a clock like any other team sport. Now I realize that the entire game can't be subject to a time limit but there should be a pitch clock similar to the play clock in football or the shot clock in basketball.

At least then the game would move along at something more than a snail's pace.

You are not American born, are you, Skull? Not being insulting at all, I just did not realize until now you were not born here.

I was out at a local watering hole the other night with my lovely wife and of course there was a baseball game on the TVs in the bar.

Now most of you know that I don't waste my time watching pampered overpaid athletes on the idiot box but I couldn't escape it.

As I watched some of the game I realized that baseball has got to be the most boring game on the planet.

I watched as the pitcher took about 5 minutes to throw the ball. The hitter swung, missed then had to walk around for a few minutes, fix his gloves, tap his shoes with the bat then take a few swings all just to wait a few more minutes for the pitcher to throw another ball.

It was agonizing.

IMO Baseball should be put on a clock like any other team sport. Now I realize that the entire game can't be subject to a time limit but there should be a pitch clock similar to the play clock in football or the shot clock in basketball.

At least then the game would move along at something more than a snail's pace.

Only a true baseball fan can understand and appreciate everything that goes on during a game. The time spent between pitches has a lot to do with the pitcher and catcher thinking about what pitch to throw next, and the batter thinking about what pitch might be coming next.

Just reading your post has lulled me into semi-consciuosness.

Plus you're getting your asses kicked by the Sox as we speak!

At this point we're winning actually, but I'm sure we'll find a way to give it up.

Er, um, nevermind..... :(

But we still took the series! ... :eusa_shifty:

And we took the season series 4-3. :eusa_angel:

I would say "See you in the playoffs" but contrary to preseason predictions and our excellent start in April, right now we simply aren't good enough.

If we are close on September 1 we may get V-Mart back to DH, which would be a big help, plus of course he's a genuine leader - something I feel we are sorely lacking right now.

Forum List

Back