Chances of voter fraud?

Well I am voting by absentee ballot so if I die before the election I can legally vote dead :)

Good point!

I wondered the same thing for the census when I was filling it out in mid-March...How many people will be living at your house on April 1st?

I've worked many elections, and the only time we ever had a problem with absentee ballots it was Republicans. For a stupid state legislature seat, no less. It was 1994 in Northeast Philly, his name was....damn, I can't remember. He ended up having to give up his seat to the Dem after the fraud was uncovered, the Dem who eventually got the seat was named Stinson. Marks! Bruce Marks. That was the guy. Real class act. A lot of the restrictions and changes in PA absentee ballot laws happened as a result of that election. The Philadelphia Inquirer followed the story for weeks with very good in-depth coverage. What an embarrassment, and an unnecessary expense for both the City and the State too.

For all the allegations of absentee ballot fraud though, it would be nice to see some proof. And with absentees there's always hard evidence and a paper trail to nail the suckers.

That was key.... a journalist actually did their job! The real question to me is.... would said journalist have done the same for a Republican candidate? Doubtful :doubt:

Had they've actually done their job and looked into Obama better, he would've never been able to run for pres in the 1st place. Too many questionable relationships in his past IMHO. :eusa_whistle:

Actually, the difference is at the time there were still newspapers with the resources to put into shoe leather reporting and the willingness to invest in it. Even major newspapers pick up too much of their news from the wire services these days, it's a sign of the times for journalism in general.

Marks' insistence on billing the City for 100% of the full hourly legal fee for him defending the ballot challenges and threatening to back it up with a lawsuit if it wasn't paid might have had something to do with it too. Chutzpah is always a red flag. :lol:

I still contend outright fraud is incredibly difficult IF (and that's the IF) the poll workers are doing their jobs. There are too many safeguards built into the procedures, and I've worked polls in several States. The rules at the polls themselves are similar everywhere I've been.

Where you have crooked or apathetic poll workers or problems at the County level with absentees, tallying and certifying is where outright fraud will take place. You want to stop voter fraud, get out there and work the polls on Election Day or run for a County level election board seat. If you want it done right, do it yourself. Don't just talk about it.

Where there's more of a systemic problem is State registration policies that promote voter suppression, such as widespread voter purges and comparing voter registration applications to databases where name confusion is an issue - such as what happened in GA in 2008.

who is to say but Chicago politic's I'm sure has honed in on their ballot stuffing skills since getting caught in the past. They'll know pretty much in some states on how much to cheat by the early vote count.

I never liked the early voting because it would be too tempting for cheaters. I'll vote on election day with a paper ballot and I suggest others do so also.

The Department of Justice has no interest in enforcing Section 8 of the Motor Voter Law. Section 8 deals requires the states to remove from the voter rolls ineligible voters, dead voters, and those who have moved away.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckIDGpXCS5s[/ame]

I hear that a lot, daveman.

The problem is, look at the little book you sign next time you vote. It should have a copy of your signature from your voter registration application next to your name and signature line. If the registration itself is fraudulent 99% of the time that's the State's screwup and nothing can be done at the local level. But if the poll workers are doing their jobs, they check to make sure the signature matches before waving you on. If it doesn't, the clerk taking your signature is to notify an inspector and/or the election judge and one of them is to challenge you. Then you get a provisional ballot - which is investigated before it counts. So unless you're both a damn good forger and lucky enough to be at a polling place where they don't know the locals, you can't vote a second time using your Dead Aunt Sally's or your Uncle Bob Who Moved To Miami's registration whether it's been purged or not. Purging voter rolls of the deceased is a good idea, not everyone notifies them when they move. But purges if done improperly are also a tool for voter suppression, so it's a double-edged sword.

So again, it comes down to the poll workers. Or absentee ballots, which also have safeguards the poll workers and/or County officials are supposed to check before counting them.

Don't kid yourself,the corrupt "Community Organizer" groups like ACORN are more powerful than ever. They have one of their own in the White House for God's sake. Watch the Absentee Vote and especially the Military Vote. These have been targeted for fraud by the Democrats and their "Community Organizer" groups. I have no doubt there will be massive voter fraud in November. The Democrats are very desperate and that makes them even more dangerous than usual. Get out and vote but stay vigilant. Be aware of what's going on at your polling place. Just do the right thing and report anything suspicious.

Last edited:
I hear that a lot, daveman.

The problem is, look at the little book you sign next time you vote. It should have a copy of your signature from your voter registration application next to your name and signature line. If the registration itself is fraudulent 99% of the time that's the State's screwup and nothing can be done at the local level. But if the poll workers are doing their jobs, they check to make sure the signature matches before waving you on. If it doesn't, the clerk taking your signature is to notify an inspector and/or the election judge and one of them is to challenge you. Then you get a provisional ballot - which is investigated before it counts. So unless you're both a damn good forger and lucky enough to be at a polling place where they don't know the locals, you can't vote a second time using your Dead Aunt Sally's or your Uncle Bob Who Moved To Miami's registration whether it's been purged or not. Purging voter rolls of the deceased is a good idea, not everyone notifies them when they move. But purges if done improperly are also a tool for voter suppression, so it's a double-edged sword.

So again, it comes down to the poll workers. Or absentee ballots, which also have safeguards the poll workers and/or County officials are supposed to check before counting them.
It's troubling, though, that our nation's highest law enforcement agency states that it's not interested in enforcing the law. They've made it quite clear they're more loyal to the Democratic Party than to justice.

Forum List

Back