CDZ Chances of a USA breakup

What do you think is the probability the USA will exist in its current form in 100 or so years?

• 0% to 25%

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • 25% to 50%

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 50% to 75%

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • 75% to 100%

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
The mainstream of both parties are not trying raise the State above the Individual.

They and the mainstream of American society does insist and make happen that the Individual is a part of Society.

The mainstream of both parties are not trying raise the State above the Individual.

They and the mainstream of American society does insist and make happen that the Individual is a part of Society.

There are no mainstream politics in this time.

Yes, mainstream politics exist, Trump found the seam (give him credit), and the next year the two parties are going to repair that seam and get the hucksters right and left out.

Yes, mainstream politics exist, Trump found the seam (give him credit), and the next year the two parties are going to repair that seam and get the hucksters right and left out.

And the cow jumped over the moon.

And the cow jumped over the moon.
Let's hope she comes back with buttermilk.

Breakup? No.

Steady decay into mediocrity? Sure. That's already begun.

Only one faction has decayed, and that is the regressive / reactionary right wing, which has gotten power. American history suggests the future will be progressive.

That seems most unlikely considering that modern Progressivism is in most ways diametrically opposed to the US Constitution,

In what respect is modern Progressivism (odd use of the word for) Progressiveness (BTW, and it is not an ism)?

What and how do progressive people violate the principles of our founders, which by most measures were radical?

Which articles/clauses of COTUS do they seek to overturn/violate?

Which articles/clauses do they interpret wrongly or to their advantage?

Do progressives seek to suppress the vote, suppress the rights of minorities, gay and lesbian citizens and repeal two plus centuries of jurisprudence?

Your initial sentence is a mess.

That said, it is an "ism" in every sense of the word; a totalitarian basis of worship for all those claiming to be American who seek to raise the State above the Individual.

It's all been tried before. You won't win this time either.

As for the rest, I've no time to write you a book. The history is in plain sight, if you merely look beyond what you have been told.

I used the word common for the suffix for progressive; you made one up. But that's not my point, you failed to address my questions, because you can't, won't or became so flummoxed you needed to default to a syntax attack.

What do you think is the root word for progressive?

Do we still require horse, water power or timber solely for power? Do we still bleed the sick in the hope it will make them recover? Do we still make human sacrifices to assure a productive harvest? Do we still use snail mail to communicate, or do we mostly use e-mail? Do we still believe the son revolves around the earth? Do we still believe Trump tells the truth when he says, "believe" me (well some do...do you?)?

Breakup? No.

Only one faction has decayed, and that is the regressive / reactionary right wing, which has gotten power. American history suggests the future will be progressive.

That seems most unlikely considering that modern Progressivism is in most ways diametrically opposed to the US Constitution,

In what respect is modern Progressivism (odd use of the word for) Progressiveness (BTW, and it is not an ism)?

What and how do progressive people violate the principles of our founders, which by most measures were radical?

Do progressives seek to suppress the vote, suppress the rights of minorities, gay and lesbian citizens and repeal two plus centuries of jurisprudence?

That said, it is an "ism" in every sense of the word; a totalitarian basis of worship for all those claiming to be American who seek to raise the State above the Individual.

As for the rest, I've no time to write you a book. The history is in plain sight, if you merely look beyond what you have been told.

I used the word common for the suffix for progressive; you made one up.

The word "Progressivism" is in common use.

But that's not my point, you failed to address my questions, because you can't, won't or became so flummoxed you needed to default to a syntax attack.

If you'd like me to write you a book, we can discuss contractual terms. I'm expensive.

In the case of its use for the current political movement, it is used as a mask.

Do we still require horse, water power or timber solely for power? Do we still bleed the sick in the hope it will make them recover? Do we still make human sacrifices to assure a productive harvest? Do we still use snail mail to communicate, or do we mostly use e-mail? Do we still believe the son revolves around the earth? Do we still believe Trump tells the truth when he says, "believe" me (well some do...do you?)?

No, but some still seek total power over the nation, its citizens, the conducting of their lives and the product of their labors, and that is not progress.

But that's not my point, you failed to address my questions, because you can't, won't or became so flummoxed you needed to default to a syntax attack.

If you'd like me to write you a book, we can discuss contractual terms. I'm expensive.

In the case of its use for the current political movement, it is used as a mask.

No, but some still seek total power over the nation, its citizens, the conducting of their lives and the product of their labors, and that is not progress.

With ALL due respect, you are full of shit.

"No, but some still seek total power over the nation, its citizens, the conducting of their lives and the product of their labors, and that is not progress"

True, that's called Trumpism.

If Trump is reelected in 2020 the America we know will no longer exist; in fact, the America we knew, has not existed since his very first tweet.

As partisan as it may get- we are stronger together than stronger apart.

As much as Republicans want to paint Democrats as hating America, and vice versa, in reality most Americans of both parties deeply love America and don't want to be part of South Unitedstan or West Unitedslavia.

If Trump is reelected in 2020 the America we know will no longer exist; in fact, the America we knew, has not existed since his very first tweet.

That's the idea, because the America you people were building was never the intent of the Founders.

As I’ve watched partisan animosity and hostility only ever increase over the course of my life, I’ve recently started to wonder if it will eventually “break” the USA. I’ve conjured up at least one scenario that I consider entirely plausible. It would start with either Texas or California seceding. If it was the result of a democratic referendum, I think it’s quite likely the rest of the country wouldn’t see fit to forcibly keep the state in the union. However, the loss of either Texas or California would put many other states in severe electoral college disadvantage ideologically. So now given the secession precedent had been set, I think it’s possible that many other states would secede in turn as not to be “lorded over” by an ideologically opposite people.

This is just one possible “breakup” scenario, however I can imagine others might also take place. Based purely on my own gut feeling, I think there’s only about a 50% chance of the United States lasting out the 21st century in its current form. But I’d like to get a broader opinion from others on their views, so I’m putting the question to a poll: What do you think the probability is that the USA will exist in its current form at the dawn of the 22nd century?
Interesting post MPS777
I think the changes that will happen will allow "states" to continue as they are
geographically, as sovereign states under a Constitutional federal govt.
But the "splitting off" will occur with democratized use of
* political parties to manage collective pools on both state and national levels
* credit unions and reserves where states and locales can manage their own currency, labor and local economy
* systems of legal redress, restitution, judicial and citizen reviews, etc. to directly resolve conflicts and address abuses

So yes there will be changes, but by adding to the given states and systems.
I would also like to see more independent city-states, such as along the border,
owned developed and governed by the actual workers and residents
under a campus system of teaching and training the populations to be self-sustaining economically and politically.

www.earnedamnesty.org

That's the idea, because the America you people were building was never the intent of the Founders.
Yup, no slaves, no indentured servants, no workers for the manors. Tough.

Em, whom I admire so much, is absolutely mistaken in the future of the USA.

It will be autocratic, not democratic. The control down from the national and state governments will create a more rigid, supervised lifestyle for the inhabitants of America.

The reaction to 9-11 has put the country on a more authoritarian path that will not reverse itself.

Last edited:
Breakup? No.

America is currently progressive, that's been the case for decades.

The regressive, reactionary right represents minority government hostile to the progress that has been realized the last forty years, and conservatives' unwarranted fear of change, diversity, and expressions of individual liberty.

"No, but some still seek total power over the nation, its citizens, the conducting of their lives and the product of their labors, and that is not progress"

True, that's called Trumpism.
Which is really just conservatism.

Conservatives who seek to compel conformity and punish dissent.

The idea Progressives require/want government to accomplish anything is part and parcel to their desire to be forward thinking.
Meanwhile ... The government sorely lags in accountability, sustainability, corrective action and compliance that is merely commonplace in private industry and corporate management.

Forum List

Back